How to Root Nexus 10 on Win/Mac/Linux! [Step-by-Step VIDEO Tutorials]

Search This thread

ravenofdoom

Mar 18, 2011
backups in modded CWR-touch (6.0.1.8) not working - Nexus 10

I've gotten this all to work (unlocked bootloader, rooted, using modded 6.0.1.6 CWR touch), yet when I attempt to use clockwork touch to make a backup, it runs for about 10 seconds and then reboots... when I look in ES file explorer at the clockwork mod folder, there's no file/contents in there for the backup. Is this a known issue - is this CWR-touch mod not yet capable of making backups? As a funny side-note, when I tried flashing the latest 6.0.1.8 (non-touch) from within the android app... and when I get into recovery, I'm unable to use the power button to select anything (the cursor works, but the power button doesn't choose the selection) - I had to re-flash in the console the modded 6.0.1.8 to boot back in.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

I'm giving up on CWMR for TWRP.

I downloaded the latest version of TWRP for the Nexus 10 which works beautifully. I highly suggest going this route for making backups. I already tested out a backup/restore and it worked without a hitch.

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.3 - Nexus 10 | TeamWin

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
Yup shimp208 fixed recovert by repacking. Ive added in also works flawless. Twrp is a great option too though.

Perfect that the CWM works with its latest version. I will try TWRP since that has no issues as well. Out of the two, which one is the most reliable one? Overall that is, not based on the device.

Night Galaxy

Dec 29, 2011
Here's a video tutorial on how to root your Nexus 10 for noobs!

Windows video tutorial:

Mac video tutorial:

Linux video tutorial:

All the files you need in one zip (adb+SuperSU+fastboot+Windows drivers):
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/Nexus10/Nexus10RootNew.zip

Step-by-Step tutorial with photos here:
http://nexus10root.com/nexus-10-root/how-to-root-nexus-10-easiest-method/

Also, if you get stuck on bootloop after unlocking bootloader (This happened to me couple times), do a factory reset in stock recovery to fix:

Thanks to shimp208 for the sideload method and working CWM, ChainFire for awesome SuperSU and to all the developers who are worked on CWM recovery!

Thanks for the video Max! Will you by chance be doing one for the Nexus 4?

verusevo

Jun 23, 2010
Im having an issue. I currently own a Mac Mini running osx Mountain Lion and i also run Windows 8 using VMware Fusion on the same machine. Ive tried both your mac as wel as windows tutorials following the instructions to the letter. But in both instances (win/OSX) once i get to the fastboot step where it states "waiting for device" my device never changes from the original bootloader screen and doesn ask me to confirm unlock. It stops from there and im stuck.

The computer is a month old and the Nexus 2 days old. so i cant understand why its giving me this issue. but the same thing happened when trying to root my GS3. I had to go to a friends house and use his windows comp to root it.

any ideas?

Tester30

Dec 13, 2009
Gangtown
Hi, Guys.
My son just got Nexus 10.
I been playing with it.... can't do much without rooting..
I have Sensation. Got it S-OFF and rooted without installing CWM...
Is there any possibility to do the same with Nexus?

Thanks.
Tester.

mohsinkhan47

Jun 20, 2009
I fix the problem. I wasn't using the original USB wire

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

Flip35

Oct 20, 2010
florida
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
ill appreciate if someone can help me please, i have read through all the pages here and i have followed the steps exactly to unlocking the bootloader i was also stock in bootloop before reading the posts here since i didnt know what to do i follow zedo's steps to go back to stock firmware, but also after flashing back to stock im still stock in bootloop i read every post here and and i also typed fastboot -w to wipe and still i cannot get past bootloop, i have gone back to following the steps to unlock bootloader twice, i also flashed someone elses stock rooted i saw here in xda to see if i can just get somewhere and not working still. the last thing i thing was flashed back to stock firmware typed fastboot -w and since that still didnt work i saw post #40 where max said to flash the recovery.img and i did but still stock in bootloop, if my wife finds out i messed this tablet up shes gonna kill me, she just got it for me, im freaking out here, ill appreciate any help i can get. i have never been through this before

nick w

Sep 3, 2010
UK
CWM was missing so i downloaded the ROM manager and installed it from there. Now its bootlooping into an unresponsive CWM.

Can anyone help?

CMW wasnt there so i thought id install ROm Manager and install it from there,

Thanks
N

Flip35

Oct 20, 2010
florida
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
im willing to pay anybody that can help me fix my nexus 10 please, i can put $40 or $50 dollars through paypal right now i guess more if they want, i know it might be something stupid but ive tried everything maybe someone that knows more of this than me, im so stress out trying to fix, went to be around 4am and woke up working on this, thanx

nick w

Sep 3, 2010
UK
No money needed.

We are a bunch of people who dabble with their devices. Can you get into the boot loader? Power&volume+&volume-?

N

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Flip35

Oct 20, 2010
florida
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
No money needed.

We are a bunch of people who dabble with their devices. Can you get into the boot loader? Power&volume+&volume-?

N

thank you man ive tried everything been up allnight cant even sleep cuz my wife just bought it as a gift and if she finds out im gonna be in trouble i know is something stupid probably, yes i can get in bootloader im there now. if u want hit me up in gtalk flip2712@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

im in bootloader now, it shows lockstate: unlock, the last thing i did was type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img that i got from post 40 from zedo but went i reboot to recovery it still doesnt show a recovery, it shows the android with exclamation so i went back to bootloader and type flastboot -w i guess to erase and reboot and still stuck on bootloop, i saw a post someone mention in the second page of this thread that they installed back data and it worked, im wondering if i need to install data back if that would work or if he meant he erased data

nick w

Sep 3, 2010
UK
Resolved my issue by reflashing the cwm recovery image. Stupidly i wiped the storage so I had to reset my tab up again.

bamboosensei

Mar 9, 2009
Flip, I had the same problem as you did and I spent a good 2 hours trying to solve it when I first unlocked my bootloader. Can you tell me exactly what you've done? Have you just unlocked the bootloader and it's not working anymore? I remember you said that you tried fast boot -w to wipe it but I think this didn't work for me either. If you are in the bootloader then don't worry your nexus 10 shouldn't be bricked. If you have the stock recovery still, (go into bootloader, go to the recovery option and press power then when it comes up with the dead android press power and up I think together or maybe power and down). Then try to factory reset from there. If that doesn't work, then download the stock image (I think a link is posted somewhere on this page). It should be a compressed file format so extract it and it should give you a zip with a load of different img files. When in the bootloader, flash userdata.img and cache.img . The commands are fastboot flash userdata userdata.img and fastboot flash cache cache.img . This got me booted again but I then had the problem of 16gb of my 32gb disappearing. If you download the stock rom, try to use the flashall script and see if that works too.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a video tutorial on how to root your Nexus 10 for noobs!

Windows video tutorial:

Mac video tutorial:

Linux video tutorial:

All the files you need in one zip (adb+SuperSU+fastboot+Windows drivers):
    http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/Nexus10/Nexus10RootNew.zip

Step-by-Step tutorial with photos here:
    http://nexus10root.com/nexus-10-root/how-to-root-nexus-10-easiest-method/

Also, if you get stuck on bootloop after unlocking bootloader (This happened to me couple times), do a factory reset in stock recovery to fix:

Thanks to shimp208 for the sideload method and working CWM, ChainFire for awesome SuperSU and to all the developers who are worked on CWM recovery!
    If you are stuck on the boot animation (X) screen... power off your device and enter fastboot mode and then type fastboot -w... I has this problem and this fixed it!

NOTE: fastboot -w will wipe your internal storage completely
    How do I flash the stock recovery? CWM isn't working and I tried to update the driver like in the video but couldn't find the "manta" that I needed to update. I'm just stuck in bootloop animation now. I'm downloading the stock image right now to try and flash it back to stock..

If you go into fastboot mode then choose recovery to get to the screen with the red triangle, keep pressing the power button and volume buttons randomly until the stock recovery pops up. From there do a factory reset and it'll work, I just did it to mine!
    I flashed the CWM recovery img so when I do what you say it takes me to the bootloader screen and says Downloading. Any clue what to do next? Trying to flash the stock image but having issues getting it into fastboot now...

Thing is it will delete the CWM recovery when you leave it so you'll have to reflash it, which is why this is so unstable!

I had the exact same thing as you and this is what I did:

Press the power button to turn it off while it says downloading

Hold both volume buttons down and power on to get into fastboot

Choose recovery

Press power and volume buttons randomly when the red triangle appears until you get stock recovery

Choose Factory Reset

Reboot

You should be able to get back into the rom that way,

to root it you need to boot into fastboot again, reflash the recovery, and sideload the superuser apk
    I got everything installed, rooted, and working. However CWM intermittently reboots the N10 into Android by itself.

I fixed it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34256732