E971-Rogers-Stock ROM 4.0.4 with Bloat Removed.

Search This thread

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Hey all you Rogers LGOG fans,

The wait is over. We are releasing our carrier/bloat-free LGOG Stock 4.0.4 ROM. This ROM has a few other modifications as well, which you can find below however, this ROM is essentially stock, flashable, updateable to JB(Pending bootloader unlock retention) and bloat-free. This ROM is also rooted so you won't have to do it again. Below you will see my changelog and development notes. Before we start going flash happy, I would like to extend a warm thanks to Nottach for his "The Base ROM" on the AT&T variation of our device, which was used as a base for this ROM, as well as the entire Team Codefire for unlocking our bootloader and getting the first CMW on the device. Now the fun stuff:

Disclaimer:

WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY DAMAGE, BRICKING or OTHERWISE IRREVERSIBLE CHANGES TO THEIR PHONES. YOU PROCEED NOW AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.

Brought to you by:

Team Codefire
Nottach
Shoreline Developments

PART 1: Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 for Rooting instructions thanks to Bin4ry
2. Visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007961 for Bootloader unlocking instructions thanks to Shelnutt2 and Team Codefire

PART 2: The ROM

1. Download our ROM and place it on the internal storage
2. Boot into recovery (Don't worry about wiping the aroma installer will do the hard work for you)
3. Make a BACKUP of your current ROM
4. flash our ROM and reboot (Make sure you flash from internal storage)

That's it! Now you're bloat and carrier free while still being able to enjoy all the features of stock.

Changelog - v1.0 (Based off of "The Base 0.6.5")-Dec 5, 2012

- Root
- BusyBox
- Deodex App Folder
- ZipAligned
- DeBloated
- Includes unlocked Rogers Boot Image
- Nexus 4 Boot Animation
- Removed Shutdown Animation
- Silenced Boot / Shutdown
- Increased WiFi Scan Interval

v1.1-Dec 6, 2012

- Replaced the unlocked Rogers Boot Image with the original FreeGee unlocked Boot Image

Bugs

None Reported Yet.

DOWNLOAD

ROM - Will be back shortly - Just cleaning up code and testing the new build

Last edited:

kwf1

Jul 21, 2010
Thank you so much for posting your Rom. I hope the development for this phone will soon carry along... great work!

Do you know if this is cross carrier compatible?

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Thank you so much for posting your Rom. I hope the development for this phone will soon carry along... great work!

Do you know if this is cross carrier compatible?

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

No Problem! With the devs working together, I think it will take right off. It's a Mako ;)

I want to say yes that it's cross carrier compatible but I can't for sure. PM me you're rooted and unlocked and maybe we can take a look at a few things to see.

BloodBaron

Dec 3, 2010
Winnipeg
Dumb question probably, put zip in /sdcard
booted into CWM,
flashed from internal storage
went through aroma, rebooted
still seeing the lg logo at and don't see any changes of the base

wondering if i did something wrong?

let me know and thanks for the time and effort you put into this

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Dumb question probably, put zip in /sdcard
booted into CWM,
flashed from internal storage
went through aroma, rebooted
still seeing the lg logo at and don't see any changes of the base

wondering if i did something wrong?

let me know and thanks for the time and effort you put into this

Hmm that's strange for sure. Verify that you're carrier apps are gone. If they are then let me know and something didn't take with the bootscreen. If you still have them, reflash with the method above and let me know if it worked the second time around.

I'll be away from the computer for a couple hours. Talk to you soon!

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina
Oooo! Very excited for this. This is one of the times where I hit download then started reading what all was included. :p

Flashing momentarily. Thanks guys!

BloodBaron

Dec 3, 2010
Winnipeg
tried with the touchrecovery, went through aroma, was stuck at settimg simlink, went downstairs came back phone was turned off, tried to turn it on and now nothing happens. weird

plug phone in usb
lg logo comes on for a sec
screen turns off
loop
last i check batter was at 56%

without usb or ac phone will not turn on either :(

well hello there sexy, i can get to the download mode at the very least

and now fastboot, but i cant get into recovery :(

Last edited:

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina
tried with the touchrecovery, went through aroma, was stuck at settimg simlink, went downstairs came back phone was turned off, tried to turn it on and now nothing happens. weird

plug phone in usb
lg logo comes on for a sec
screen turns off
loop
last i check batter was at 56%

without usb or ac phone will not turn on either :(

well hello there sexy, i can get to the download mode at the very least

and now fastboot, but i cant get into recovery :(

I'm in a similar boat unfortunately. I just freshly unlocked it with the freegee one click app since I wanted to support this kind of stuff when I shut down it started up again right away as if I had pressed restart instead of shutdown. It briefly showed the lg logo then turned off the screen then brought it back on but only displaying black. That's where it sat until I did the equivalent of a battery pull by holding the power button for a really long time. I started it up again, this time holding volume up as well as power and got to fastboot and from there to the recovery. Flashed after that, no problems came up. Then it did the same thing it did the first time with the lg logo, screen off for a second, then black.

What now? o_0

I've already tried flashing it again over top of it so now I'm going to give restoring from backup a shot.
I'll let you know how that goes.

EDIT: Hmm... not good. I can attempt to restore but I get a MD5 mismatch.

Last edited:

BloodBaron

Dec 3, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm in a similar boat unfortunately. I just freshly unlocked it with the freegee one click app since I wanted to support this kind of stuff when I shut down it started up again right away as if I had pressed restart instead of shutdown. It briefly showed the lg logo then turned off the screen then brought it back on but only displaying black. That's where it sat until I did the equivalent of a battery pull by holding the power button for a really long time. I started it up again, this time holding volume up as well as power and got to fastboot and from there to the recovery. Flashed after that, no problems came up. Then it did the same thing it did the first time with the lg logo, screen off for a second, then black.

What now? o_0

I've already tried flashing it again over top of it so now I'm going to give restoring from backup a shot.
I'll let you know how that goes.

EDIT: Hmm... not good. I can attempt to restore but I get a MD5 mismatch.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010624

attempting this atm

dont think this worked

Last edited:

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina

Bleh. Hmm... think we both could have, by some coincidence, had a bad download? I was going to try and flash it again but sideloading the zip this time but I switched to a new computer recently and need to set up adb and stuff again. The other thing I was wondering too was about wiping the data partition. This was brought on by this step in the unbricking instructions you linked me to.

potatohead said:
8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

I'm coming to this phone from a nexus which was dead simple and straight forward when it came to partitions and having an internal sd and just regular internal memory. This phone just has internal memory, right? So wiping data is going to wipe everything everything, right?

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Updated Zip

Seems the unlocked Rogers boot image is causing some grief - I didn't seem to run into this issue on mine. I flashed through CWM that came with freegee. I have updated the zip file with the original freegee unlocked boot image which should solve the problem. The new zip is uploading now and will be ready shortly, I've gone and taken down the previous build and apologize for the inconvenience.

Reactions: Zachariasmith

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina
Seems the unlocked Rogers boot image is causing some grief - I didn't seem to run into this issue on mine. I flashed through CWM that came with freegee. I have updated the zip file with the original freegee unlocked boot image which should solve the problem. The new zip is uploading now and will be ready shortly, I've gone and taken down the previous build and apologize for the inconvenience.

Ah, superb. It's 1am here where I am now and was getting worried about having to sleep before fixing this. :p Thanks for getting a fix out so fast, Shoreline! I'll let ya know if it fixes things.

EDIT: Does the link in the first post need to be changed? Or is it just uploading still?

Last edited:

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Ah, superb. It's 1am here where I am now and was getting worried about having to sleep before fixing this. :p Thanks for getting a fix out so fast, Shoreline! I'll let ya know if it fixes things.

EDIT: Does the link in the first post need to be changed? Or is it just uploading still?

Sorry, having to deal with dropbox isn't always fun when it comes to uploading such a large file but it'd done and the thread has been updated. I hope this works as tested on my device.

Let me know how this goes for you folks!

BloodBaron

Dec 3, 2010
Winnipeg

let me know how and if you fixed your phone and ill do the same
my issue now is that i cant get the phone to reboot with the power button

Last edited:

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina
let me know how and if you fixed your phone and ill do the same
my issue now is that i cant get the phone to reboot with the power button

Hmm... I may be a while. It seems I can't even get into recovery now. I don't know how that happened since I could last night. Is there a way to push the phone into recovery mode by way of adb?
Crap, now I'm starting to actually get scared since I can't seem to get into anything.

Last edited:
First off thank you for all your work! This is awesome!

I flashed the rom with TRWP and everything went smoothly, it reboots fine. However it doesn't appear to actually do anything. Everything on my phone is the same. Even the rogers bloat apps are still there. I put the zip on /sdcard and flashed from there.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

BloodBaron

Dec 3, 2010
Winnipeg
Hmm... I may be a while. It seems I can't even get into recovery now. I don't know how that happened since I could last night. Is there a way to push the phone into recovery mode by way of adb?
Crap, now I'm starting to actually get scared since I can't seem to get into anything.

alright heres what i did

restored with kdz as per the unbrick thread
except when i reached lparam=95 it woot reboot into the bootloop
so when it did that i pressed the up and down volume button and it rebooted into download mode
still wsnt working
brought my phone into the rogers store
the guy plugged it in a power supply and he must have tried putting it in recovery because it went into the factory recovery menu and he was able to boot normally
all i lost really was root and unlocked bootloader

not sure why he was able to get it to work and i wasnt oh well
if u need help with the kdz let me know i am more than happy to help

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina
alright heres what i did

restored with kdz as per the unbrick thread
except when i reached lparam=95 it woot reboot into the bootloop
so when it did that i pressed the up and down volume button and it rebooted into download mode
still wsnt working
brought my phone into the rogers store
the guy plugged it in a power supply and he must have tried putting it in recovery because it went into the factory recovery menu and he was able to boot normally
all i lost really was root and unlocked bootloader

not sure why he was able to get it to work and i wasnt oh well
if u need help with the kdz let me know i am more than happy to help

Haha, okay I was just about to give the kdz thing a go. I shouldn't have any problem with the taking it in to Rogers bit as I'm actually doing this at work right now. (I work as a Rogers rep. :p)

Zachariasmith

Jan 1, 2012
Regina
bahaha awesome apparently you guys are wizards and touching my phone fixes it :p

Haha, yup. That's definitely happened to me before too. I'm just in the process of using the kzd tool. It gives me a runtime error right away though, but it doesn't seem to stop if I don't click it. I'm going to try letting it keep running and see what happens.

EDIT: Aaaaaand we're back! Up and running again but it looks like root is gone and bootloader is relocked as expected. Time to try again! :p
EDIT EDIT: Okay, I told myself I would stay away for a little bit after that scare and stay stock but I can't hold myself back. Flashing... rebooting... looks like its booting! Uh, yay?

First off thank you for all your work! This is awesome!

I flashed the rom with TRWP and everything went smoothly, it reboots fine. However it doesn't appear to actually do anything. Everything on my phone is the same. Even the rogers bloat apps are still there. I put the zip on /sdcard and flashed from there.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

This is the same problem I'm having now. :/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all you Rogers LGOG fans,

The wait is over. We are releasing our carrier/bloat-free LGOG Stock 4.0.4 ROM. This ROM has a few other modifications as well, which you can find below however, this ROM is essentially stock, flashable, updateable to JB(Pending bootloader unlock retention) and bloat-free. This ROM is also rooted so you won't have to do it again. Below you will see my changelog and development notes. Before we start going flash happy, I would like to extend a warm thanks to Nottach for his "The Base ROM" on the AT&T variation of our device, which was used as a base for this ROM, as well as the entire Team Codefire for unlocking our bootloader and getting the first CMW on the device. Now the fun stuff:

Disclaimer:

WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY DAMAGE, BRICKING or OTHERWISE IRREVERSIBLE CHANGES TO THEIR PHONES. YOU PROCEED NOW AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.

Brought to you by:

Team Codefire
    Nottach
    Shoreline Developments

PART 1: Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 for Rooting instructions thanks to Bin4ry
    2. Visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007961 for Bootloader unlocking instructions thanks to Shelnutt2 and Team Codefire

PART 2: The ROM

1. Download our ROM and place it on the internal storage
    2. Boot into recovery (Don't worry about wiping the aroma installer will do the hard work for you)
    3. Make a BACKUP of your current ROM
    4. flash our ROM and reboot (Make sure you flash from internal storage)

That's it! Now you're bloat and carrier free while still being able to enjoy all the features of stock.

Changelog - v1.0 (Based off of "The Base 0.6.5")-Dec 5, 2012

- Root
    - BusyBox
    - Deodex App Folder
    - ZipAligned
    - DeBloated
    - Includes unlocked Rogers Boot Image
    - Nexus 4 Boot Animation
    - Removed Shutdown Animation
    - Silenced Boot / Shutdown
    - Increased WiFi Scan Interval

v1.1-Dec 6, 2012

- Replaced the unlocked Rogers Boot Image with the original FreeGee unlocked Boot Image

Bugs

None Reported Yet.

DOWNLOAD

ROM - Will be back shortly - Just cleaning up code and testing the new build
    Good to go.

Looks like it was code error when it came to partitioning because we used the same boot image as "The Base" - we've since re-written the updater scripts and aroma configs from scratch and are testing it now. I will be testing it both recoveries and from completely stock as well as already flashed to ensure it works no matter what you're coming from. Download link will be back up once testing and uploading are complete.
    I'm looking into this issue now with the code to see exactly what is going on and I'm also going to try a flash from reverted stock - I will also be updating the forum with a backpeddle procedure.
    Updated Zip