**FIX** Galaxy Note 8.0 "cracking, popping, snapping," etc. noise!!!

Search This thread

Country Fre$h

May 9, 2013
If your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet (or possibly any tablet) makes noises (cracking, etc.) when you simple hold your tablet and move your hand to another spot..I HAVE A FIX!!!

Once I realized I had this problem with my note 8, I began to research the issue on several different forums. I quickly that i was not the only one with this problem. In fact, I was one of several people facing this issue. I constantly read, that many were returning their tablet(s), until they finally found one that did not make this constant, very annoying sound. As I was unable to return my tablet, (I bought mine off of Craigslist) I became bound and determined to solve this issue! What I discovered, is so simple, and so non - complex..I couldn't help but laugh.

I discovered, that just about every single screw behind the back cover of the tablet, was NOT COMPLETELY TIGHTENED!!! I have 2 friends with the same tablet, and the same problem...guess what? This fixed there noise maker too!!

So, if you Galaxy Note 8.0 (or other device) is making cracking, snapping, popping, or creaking noises..open that sucka up and tighten down those loose screws!! (motherboard screws, charging port screws, battery screws, etc.) Once they are nice and tight, have fun snapping the backing of your tablet, back onto the device :)

**WARNING** **WARNING** **WARNING**

*PLEASE USE -EXTREME!- CAUTION WHEN TIGHTENING SCREWS!! TOO MUCH CAN SEVERELY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!! USE COMMON SENSE! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE!

rabichowdhary

Jan 23, 2014
kolkata
nice post

If your Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet (or possibly any tablet) makes noises (cracking, etc.) when you simple hold your tablet and move your hand to another spot..I HAVE A FIX!!!

Once I realized I had this problem with my note 8, I began to research the issue on several different forums. I quickly that i was not the only one with this problem. In fact, I was one of several people facing this issue. I constantly read, that many were returning their tablet(s), until they finally found one that did not make this constant, very annoying sound. As I was unable to return my tablet, (I bought mine off of Craigslist) I became bound and determined to solve this issue! What I discovered, is so simple, and so non - complex..I couldn't help but laugh.

I discovered, that just about every single screw behind the back cover of the tablet, was NOT COMPLETELY TIGHTENED!!! I have 2 friends with the same tablet, and the same problem...guess what? This fixed there noise maker too!!

So, if you Galaxy Note 8.0 (or other device) is making cracking, snapping, popping, or creaking noises..open that sucka up and tighten down those loose screws!! (motherboard screws, charging port screws, battery screws, etc.) Once they are nice and tight, have fun snapping the backing of your tablet, back onto the device :)

*PLEASE USE -EXTREME!- CAUTION WHEN TIGHTENING SCREWS!! TOO MUCH CAN SEVERELY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!! USE COMMON SENSE! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE!

.....which model do u have!?
I have same issue cracking sound at the top the sensores of note 5100. ...how u opened the tablet back cover plz guide me...

Last edited:

Country Fre$h

May 9, 2013
.....which model do u have!?
I have same issue cracking sound at the top the sensores of note 5100. ...how u opened the tablet back cover plz guide me...

I have the 5110, but this should work for you as well. Watch the first 2min of this video, and dont be afraid to use a little force, just be careful. youtube.com/watch?v=4UeWDLq6_BU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.