Noise in headphones since kitkat

Search This thread

tlkl

Aug 12, 2010
good morning, I have a problem with my g2 since upgrade to kit kat, when I plug the headphones I hear a noise, without playing anything, when I hear music or youtube also

headphones are not I've tried several, another Spanish forum there are more people with this problem ,hard reset don,t solve it

when I was in jb with viper4android my g2 was perfect

to hear only have to unlock the phone and connect the headphones, anyone else hear it?

thanks

tunataylan

Jul 18, 2009
I have the same problem. Howeveri after not using the phone for 1-2 hours the noise is gone. I can use the headphones without any noise.

After a restart, it comes back and goes away.

The volume of the device decreased after the KK update. I think it is not a bug. With PA or CM it was lower too. (4.2.2 stock has high volume level)

lukeap69

Aug 19, 2006
Dubai
I thought this issue is only when using external amp which is the reason I reverted to 4.2.2. It's a shame Kitkat has this issue otherwise, I could have been very happy updating to KK. Hopefully, there will be fix available soon.

tlkl

Aug 12, 2010
Same problem here. Which KK rom did you flash? I used the pre-rooted one. Could that be the problem>

Are you on kk rooted? Could you install viper4android and listen if the problem persist?
I m on a stock vdf and i haven t root to try it

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Kiwikidd

Mar 5, 2014
Same problem for me too. D802 international version. Never had the problem on JB or paranoid android 4.4. I've installed viper4android however the problem is still there. I'm using the stock 4.4 vodafone with root that others have shared and loving it except for this sound issue :(

tlkl

Aug 12, 2010
This morning i downgrade to jb until this problem be solved :(

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

lukeap69

Aug 19, 2006
Dubai
I thought this is kitkat problem. I have used my friend's HTC One (unrooted) running Kitkat and to my surprised my USB DAC/Amp worked with no problem and no additional app needed. The static and hiss are not present either. Perhaps HTC had done some modification/improvement on their ROM.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

petrosy

Dec 16, 2009
LG G2 good phone ruined by LG & their crappy software!

I have the same problem with the official HK rom.

I notice with earbud headphones the problem is not there. However with some proper Sennheiser headphones the audio is terrible and can barely make out any music over the static and crackling.

EdForce1

Apr 22, 2011
I'm using Logitech UE6000 and it's pretty bad, much worse than with the included lg earbuds. But with high enough volume it becomes almost not noticeable, still it's clearly something wrong here..

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

fuithecat

Mar 31, 2009
Usb dac not working after upgrade to stock 4.4.2 D80220a

Same problem here, anyone contacted LG?

Since upgraded, I have the hissing issue with the left ear phone and I thought I could get away with it with my external dac. Unfortunately, it does not work anymore. The same dac was working perfectly prior to the upgrade on D80210d stock rom.

Anyone has the same issue? I am using xDuoo xp-1.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
the hissing/crackling sound is a bug in kitkat which is already known, although I haven't heard it since I installed kk a month ago so I can only comment according to what everyone has said

Gnarfsan

Aug 10, 2010
There are stock based custom ROMs out there with a fix for this if you don't mind flashing.

Gnarfsan

Aug 10, 2010
Which ones?
Is there not just a fix to flash?
So i don't have to reinstall everything....
I haven't stumbled on a fix, so you will have to search ;)

I use CloudyPro II. The best thing that ever happened to my phone. Hissing sound is fixed there.
It isn't based on LG G2 stock. It is based on LG G Pro 2 stock but it's very smooth and everything seems to work. It's very similar to stock LG G2 and has all the LG apps.

Last edited:

bukmba

Jul 23, 2013
I haven't stumbled on a fix, so you will have to search ;)

I use CloudyPro II. The best thing that ever happened to my phone. Hissing sound is fixed there.
It isn't based on LG G2 stock. It is based on LG G Pro 2 stock but it's very smooth and everything seems to work. It's very similar to stock LG G2 and has all the LG apps.

Well CloudyPro is indeed good and solves the hissing sound issue.
The downside, as with many custom roms, are random reboots. For me about once a day or so.
Pretty annoying each time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do have the D802 as well. Good to know it works for you so I might dig a bit more in to find out what might cause the random reboots if it's not the Rom. Otherwise the only option would be a downgrade to 4.2.2 as I really can't stand that hissing sound.
    I have had problems with random reboots on all the ROMs that I have tried if I have very poor signal. But generally I don't have this problem because the signal is pretty great where I usually go here.

I use dr87s kernel. Mabe that would do the trick? It runs very smooth with this ROM.
    The "fix hissing sound" feature in G2 Tweaksbox works perfectly good. At least for me. Recommend it to everyone with this issue rather than changing roms.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    Find full manual here. Need to scroll down a bit. You gotta need to download the mixer_path file too, link included in the manual.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549923

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk