[Q] com.android.phone

Search This thread
A

AleSilve

I have a problem.
I have a ThL W200 with android 4.4.2.
I can do phone calls, I can receive and send SMS but can not receive incoming calls.
When somebody calls me I see the call ( in status bar: the phone does not ring ), the process "com.android.phone" crash, I miss the call, then appears the notification of "changed SIM card".

I tried to reboot, to clear "phone.apk" data, nothing changed

The problem is not connected to the new ROM, because I have it since 2 weeks ago.
I think I changed some system app's permissions or deleted an important system apk

I have not a recent CWM backup so if I restore an old backup I'll certanly fix the problem, but I'll lose many apps.
Is there something "fast" that I can do? Like replacing a system app or changing permission?

Sorry for my english but it's not my first language

Nihal @A-JAX

Oct 18, 2013
Bangalore
I have a problem.
I have a ThL W200 with android 4.4.2.
I can do phone calls, I can receive and send SMS but can not receive incoming calls.
When somebody calls me I see the call ( in status bar: the phone does not ring ), the process "com.android.phone" crash, I miss the call, then appears the notification of "changed SIM card".

I tried to reboot, to clear "phone.apk" data, nothing changed

The problem is not connected to the new ROM, because I have it since 2 weeks ago.
I think I changed some system app's permissions or deleted an important system apk

I have not a recent CWM backup so if I restore an old backup I'll certanly fix the problem, but I'll lose many apps.
Is there something "fast" that I can do? Like replacing a system app or changing permission?

Sorry for my english but it's not my first language
Hello,

You can check and correct the permissions of any system app using any root explorer and if you have CWM recovery , go to advance options and select fix permissions to automatically fix all system permissions . If it doesn't work then backup your apps and all data (contacts,call logs,bookmarks etc) using any backup app (titanium backup,super backup - free I suggest this , etc) then flash your old backup in CWM and then using backup app again - restore apps and data .

I hope it works . Hit thanks if it works

Last edited:
A

AleSilve

Thanks!

Hello,

You can check and correct the permissions of any system app using any root explorer and if you have CWM recovery , go to advance options and select fix permissions to automatically fix all system permissions . If it doesn't work then backup your apps and all data (contacts,call logs,bookmarks etc) using any backup app (titanium backup,super backup - free I suggest this , etc) then flash your old backup in CWM and then using backup app again - restore apps and data .

I hope it works . Hit thanks if it works

I fixed permission from recovery and now it works, thx a lot. Was quite fast :)