[ROM]ODJDuB HD*ELITE Series IV Resurrected*UPDATE!View Finder Fixed 05/13/12

Search This thread

bonebeany

Jan 16, 2011
This used to be one of my favorite roms and still is except that I need to be able to force roam since the towers in my town are messed up and sprint wont fix them.

I tried this rom out last night and it is everything that I used to love but I can't seem to get it to force roam even with roam control (not sure why). It would be the top rom out for me if it could have roam only in the wireless settings like Team-Nocturnal's Shooter rom. Or if someone could help me figure out how to get it to roam.

Diablo67

An amazing quadruple Woot Woot!!!!

Can't wait to go back to this rom!

I about pooped my pants when I saw this rom coming back. I thought it was gonna be a R.I.P. Rom
Well we dont want that to happen,lol,but im still trying to figure his one out,ive changed kernels and camera apps,some wont install at all,so its being a little tricky.so just keep playing with the last version until i can figure something out,I'm trying not to lose the froyo aspect of the rom,so we will see.

Reactions: missness

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Huge thanks to OD and Diablo! I have to send you some Red Bull money. Keep getting financially derailed (my A/C blew last week.) :mad:
BTW- Konicub is alive and well, living and working in Cape Canaveral, FL (unlike 85% of the rest of Cape Canaveral).

He's an iPhone guy right now, but has hinted to Diablo and I about a possible Android comeback later this year. Meanwhile, he sends his love and thanks to all for their continued support of his beloved Elite rom.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

missness

Apr 7, 2010
Awesome, I'm excited to get this ROM back. I've been a bit of a flashaholic since getting the Evo but it's about time for me to settle down with this ROM. Can't wait, thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into keeping this ROM alive. First chance I get I'll have to shoot a donation your way. Thanks again!

Ken C

Mar 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
This used to be one of my favorite roms and still is except that I need to be able to force roam since the towers in my town are messed up and sprint wont fix them.

I tried this rom out last night and it is everything that I used to love but I can't seem to get it to force roam even with roam control (not sure why). It would be the top rom out for me if it could have roam only in the wireless settings like Team-Nocturnal's Shooter rom. Or if someone could help me figure out how to get it to roam.
Why force roam? Idk about you, but when I force roam I get one x speeds. If your looking for a better signal why not just change your prl?

It's been a long time, and I'm not sure I was able to do it with this ROM. But it's way better than forced roaming

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon

bonebeany

Jan 16, 2011
Why force roam? Idk about you, but when I force roam I get one x speeds. If your looking for a better signal why not just change your prl?

It's been a long time, and I'm not sure I was able to do it with this ROM. But it's way better than forced roaming

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon

In the town I'm in the towers are either down or over capacity. When I try to make a call I get "Network busy please try again later" all day and night long, or if I try to send a text I get a "Radio interface resource shortage" message. No mater what I do I can't get my phone to work in my town. Sprint says they are going to be upgrading the towers in my town but they say it could take up to 6 months before they will be working again. I have tried a bunch of different prl's and nothing works.

So I switched my prl to 11115 and forced my phone to roam all the time. I get true 3G speeds with this prl and my download speeds (about 1250kbps) are better than I have ever had on a sprint tower (roughly 300kbps) Not 1X

If I go out of town I my phone works fine on sprint but if I am home or in my home town somewhere then sprint towers are just junk and then I miss calls and can't call anyone unless i wait till about midnight to call someone.

I know if I roam too much, sprint might terminate my contract. (which I am hoping for cause with the service I get from them, I can't even use my phone except on wifi.)

I have been with sprint for over 10 years and have never had a problem with them until they release the icrap phones on their network.

I hope this explains why I need to be able to roam on a rom.

missness

Apr 7, 2010
So will you guys be putting the update in this thread or creating a new one? I recall someone suggesting that but thought I'd ask so I can be on the lookout.

akkohly

Mar 4, 2009
I love this ROM... by far my favorite!!! Thank you for all of your hard work!! I am curious.. does this one have a Screen Capture function? I have been excited about the look of my phone and wanting to share it, but am feeling quite challenged.

missness

Apr 7, 2010
I got an idea for you. Add the newest FB app. It comes with a Facebook camera app and Facebook Messaging as a bundle. That COULD be a solution

I'm not sure that will work. My husband managed to put other cameras on my phone from other roms and apps and none of them served to be a fix. The viewfinder was still showing everything black and white. Though I'm sure something will get worked out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    resurrected.png

Ok guys this is Konikubs Elite Series rom updated with the latest OTA kernel and the wifi is fixed.I kept everything intact,nothing was changed as far as the graphics/theme goes and no tweaks added,its as original as you can get.This rom is fast and smooth,so i hope you guys will like the new updated Elite Series IV.The actual problem i was having with the wifi issue was a corrupt driver.I also had to edit the market updater to keep the market from losing the transparency,otherwise it will update and go to the default theme.

Discalimer:I'm not held responsible for what happens after you download this rom,if you follow the install directions,there will be no problems.

Installation:

1)Download the rom to your desktop
    2)Connect your phone to your computer
    3)Drag and drop the rom onto your sd card
    4)Right click the icon in your taskbar and eject your phone
    5)Go into recovery and do a full wipe(everything,BUT SD CARD!!!!DO NOT WIPE SD CARD!!!!)
    6)Go to flash zip,then find zip to flash and install the rom
    7)First boot after wiping takes longer,but when you finish the set-up,go to system update and update your profile and PRL,then your golden.

Special thanks goes to the following for their commitment,help and donation to make this project successful:

Wgallt(Donator and beta tester)
    Outerdepth(Help with the wifi)
    Gruesomewolf

Channelog:

Added flashlight app
    Added build.prop tweaks
    Fixed market from updating and losing transparency
    Updated kernel to OTA 4.67.651.3 Stock
    Fixed corrupt wifi driver
    Preserved original theme
    Zipaligned apk's

Tweaks added:

Upgraded video recording and picture quality
    Increased wifi speed
    Decreased dialing out delay
    Internet Tweaks
    Render UI with GPU
    Increased size of delvik cache from 32m to 64m
    Increased scrolling response
    Increased battery saving potential
    Increased overall performance
    Increased video acceleration

Apps added:

Flashlight

Good:

Viewfinder Fix: (Thanks to Shanasty2)

4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc

Tweaks & Kernels:

Lionfish-ver 1.2 Kernel

Smurfed Out Script

Download

ELITE Series IV
    Loading netarchy kernel fixed black/white viewfinder for me. This is the exact kernel used: (2.6.32.27-netarchy-toastmod-4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc).
    I am also gonna be helping Diablo67 with this, so we can bring you the best and the brightest for this build. His pc will be back up asap, and I will be on this asap as well. You guys should receive an update lickity split, lol!

By the way, this is one my favorite oldy but goodies!!:D
    Well that made my day! Diablo pulled it off and I just did a two hour test drive and aside from a couple of kinks with the camera and wifi it's running like a champ. The battery drain is pretty rough like the original so we need to take a look at some alternate kernels. But all in all it's looking great. I'll let him fill ya in on the details tomorrow. Big thanks to Diablo for his hard work and stepping up on this.
    Like Wgallt said theres a few bugs with the wifi and video,i believe i know what the video issue is,its the wifi thats a little tricky,im testing a few kernels,like wireless n fix to solve this issue,since its a 4.67 base.Everything else works great,wgallt has confirmed the new updated base from froyo to gingerbread has been successfully applied.If anyone has any suggestions for the wifi,i will definitely give it a shot.

Everything stayed in tact,so it looks like the original,nothing was changed as far as the graphics go.I noticed konikub had some video and battery issues with his latest release,i will try to fix this issue also.I'm off to work,but ill be on it as soon as i get home guys.
    That sounds perfect!
    I'm heading to west coast, so my hours are going to be screwed up for the week. Let me know if you need help with anything, Diablo.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    Thanks brother,i definitely will.

I like the idea of the Legacy Rosie, too. A ot of Tommy's tweaks would work well with this ROM, and I can do something for the stock Wallpaper. I had made and ES II wallpaper at one point that was nice.

Just one thing, Koni had a unique shade of a deep blue that I just love.

It's very close to #0e06b3 for anyone themeing this.
    Thats sounds great,i'll stick it in,i'm working on a beta release now,i have been donated to,so i have decided to let the donator(wgallt)take over testing,if he/she refuses,i will post that i have a opening for testers.Donators will have first choice of course.I will have a test rom ready tonite,i of course will test it first before uploading it to testers,so to make sure it boots and installs correctly.