[ROM][4.4.2][Aosp] ***Smasher X*** [5.1][Pie][MultiView][Developer Edition][01.12.14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SirBindy

Nov 12, 2009
Rochester, NY
Is it built on the original code?

I think they should put a new heading under the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 section for the Developer Edition. It isn't the same as any other model.

I was under the assumption that "Original Android Development" was for AOSP type ROMs. This is the first phone I've had that had split dev sections

bogie03

Dec 30, 2011
tallahassee
nice

i dont have the dev edition, but this looks fn awesome.....

by chance can you post a link or zip for those wallpapers there?? there sick

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
EDIT

My personal opinion i dont mean to offend anyone of you im not tryn to play meateator moderator or whatever sorry if the spellings off anyway....my thought is this. Isnt this Forum supposed to be for the VERIZON Galaxy Note 3 "RETAIL", Edition? If im correct and I think I am why has this turned into a one stop shop for any Note 3 varient? We got Dev edition, International edition AT&T Editon ect...ect. In my opinion this causes way to much confussion for the new XDAers.. And personally I dont want to waste my time reading it if its not related to the "Verizon Galaxy Note 3". Thats my opinion and again I dont mean to offend any of you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

abe_cedar

May 23, 2011
Houston
IF

My personal opinion i dont mean to offend anyone of you im not tryn to play meateator moderator or whatever sorry if the spellings off anyway....my thought is this. Isnt this Forum supposed to be for the VERIZON Galaxy Note 3 "RETAIL", Edition? If im correct and I think I am why has this turned into a one stop shop for any Note 3 varient? We got Dev edition, International edition AT&T Editon ect...ect. In my opinion this causes way to much confussion for the new XDAers.. And personally I dont want to waste my time reading it if its not related to the "Verizon Galaxy Note 3". Thats my opinion and again I dont mean to offend any of you!

This is a verizon phone. Only diff it has a locked bootloader. If the retail get it bootloader unlocked you could install this rom on retail. IF....
It is great to have aosp support for the n3.
Just sain
Abe

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I was under the assumption that "Original Android Development" was for AOSP type ROMs. This is the first phone I've had that had split dev sections

No thats not correct...original development is for roms built from source or official builds.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

This forum is for the VZW Galaxy Note 3 Retail and Developer Edition. The difference between the 2 is the DE comes with a unlocked bootloader. Everything is the way it should be on XDA's end.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Correct it's Dev only. No retail

Sent from my Dev Edition Note 3[/QUOTE

How do you know if you have the Dev addition?

You have to buy the Dev Edition directly from Samsung outright at non subsidized pricing. The box also says Developer Edition, which means the bootloader is unlocked and there is no warranty once modded.

Reactions: DutchDogg54

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
No thats not correct...original development is for roms built from source or official builds.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

This forum is for the VZW Galaxy Note 3 Retail and Developer Edition. The difference between the 2 is the DE comes with a unlocked bootloader. Everything is the way it should be on XDA's end.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

You have to buy the Dev Edition directly from Samsung outright at non subsidized pricing. The box also says Developer Edition, which means the bootloader is unlocked and there is no warranty once modded.

Understood!

ilpleasu

Jan 11, 2010

Thanks for that explanation, now I know the difference. ....

inline6power

Mar 15, 2010
being this is 4.4.2 does google wallet work? i am on hyperdrive right now and want to go back to cm11 but wasnt sure if if google wallet now works on 4.4.2 kitkat roms yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hulk_Smash.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screenshots:

Screenshot_2014_01_07_13_40_32.png
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_14_52.png
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_15_12.png
    inlxmy0wd
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_17_13.png
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_16_31.png
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_28_24.png
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_34_22.png
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_33_24.png
    Screenshot_2014_01_12_01_33_57.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Credits & Kernel Source:

504px-CyanogenMod_Cid.svg_.png

CyanogenMod Kernel Source:
    (git://github.com/czechop/android.git -b cm-11.0 )

I did not make these roms, I just tweaked them.
    android_icon.png

Cjen1987:
    {GIVE ME THANKS!]
    Support Me Here
    Smasher X (CM11 Developer Edition ONLY!!):

<MODERATOR EDIT - LINK REMOVED>

GApps: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23321874045863048
    Don't download if you have Retail!

Features:

This is a CM11 Kitkat base rom.
    I did not bring CM11 to this device, so give thanks to the Devs that did.
    What I did:

Added:

*Pie control
    *MultiThemes (Launcher & CM11)
    *Playerpro (Free)
    *PC Remote
    *Pop up Browser & Youtube
    *Dolphin Browser
    *Portal (multiview beta)
    *Apn Config (edit your apns for kitkat roms)
    *Android Sniper boot animation
    *Custom ringtones
    *Rom toolbox light
    *Go SMS (Custom themes and pop up messages)

Removed:

*Apollo
    *CMAccounts
    *CMFileManager
    *Cmwallpaper
    *DSP
    *DocumentsUI
    *MagicSmoke
    *Term
    *Video Editor
    *CMS
    *Tags

Replaced:

*Launcher
    *Bootanimation
    *Default camera (Bug Fixes)
    *Minor Data changes

What works:

*Calling
    *SMS
    *MMS
    *Data
    *GPS

What doesn't:

***YOU TELL ME***

Final notes:

***Final note, if you have a issue please Pm me or post.
    I don't have a team and am managing 20+ device's, so give me time.
    Smasher X has been a fully stable driver for more than 15 device's, and I hope
    to work with you to fix these issues.

Please don't get upset if the download isn't up right away or there is something
    you don't like.

If you brick your device, DONT BLAME ME!

I have had Error installs on a very few devices, which have all been fixed or the
    installer didn't upgrade there CWM recovery to the latest build.***

Installation:

Install Smasher X
    Go to recovery
    (Don't tell me the rom didn't install, if you don't have the latest cwm recovery!)
    Make a backup of your data(highly recommended)
    Install this ROM
    Install gapps
    Reboot

Dev Edition Only!! Btw Thanks :)
    Just saying... This should be put in the original development section. And I agree with @AngryManMLS some people might not be as tech friendly to know aosp roms don't with on retail n900v's due to the nature of not being able to flash custom kernels. And good rom ;)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    It's good to see the Dev Edition getting some love. I would love to try and flash this rom but I have retail version. It's all good and great work by the way :D

Well, once we get cm11 for retail.
    It will be updated.
    Thank you for the Rom! Is the file not available yet?

Up now.