[Q] Verizon throttling unlimited plan

Search This thread

Dragonsla

Sep 2, 2009
I am on an unlimited plan and I think I am being throttled, One thing I know is happening is I'm kicked off 4g and forced to go on 3g. A quick turn on and off airplane mode fixes it til they do it again but I was wondering if there was a way to force a 4G ONLY connection so they can't kick me off.

I am rooted so hopefully there is a way... If not can I block verizon from seeing im on an unlimited plan or how much I use? thanks

piggynuts

Mar 22, 2011
I am on an unlimited plan and I think I am being throttled, One thing I know is happening is I'm kicked off 4g and forced to go on 3g. A quick turn on and off airplane mode fixes it til they do it again but I was wondering if there was a way to force a 4G ONLY connection so they can't kick me off.

I am rooted so hopefully there is a way... If not can I block verizon from seeing im on an unlimited plan or how much I use? thanks

I too believe I just started to get throttled, my 3g dropped from 2mb down to .2 KB overnight with no fix, tried reflashing the phone, repgrorgramming with network, and reflashing both stock and after market ROMS.

Did you find an answer

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
Ya...if they're throttling you they wouldn't drop you from 4G to 3G. They'd let you stay on LTE and just drop your speeds.

The problem is Samsung makes ****** radios for CDMA/Verizon. It's been true on every Galaxy phone, including the Nexus. I don't know why people don't learn this.

Dragonsla

Sep 2, 2009
Ya...if they're throttling you they wouldn't drop you from 4G to 3G. They'd let you stay on LTE and just drop your speeds.

The problem is Samsung makes ****** radios for CDMA/Verizon. It's been true on every Galaxy phone, including the Nexus. I don't know why people don't learn this.

Thing is the internet apps work fine (netflix instagram clash of clans) but the BROWSER IS SOOOO FREAKING SLOW!!! I'M staring at a blank page for minutes and I just give up. If it hit stop most of the page comes up but not before!

Certain pictures on Facebook same issue.

And yes I have tried multiple browsers. I am only at 5 gigs for this month! Calling Verizon soon.

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
Thing is the internet apps work fine (netflix instagram clash of clans) but the BROWSER IS SOOOO FREAKING SLOW!!! I'M staring at a blank page for minutes and I just give up. If it hit stop most of the page comes up but not before!

Certain pictures on Facebook same issue.

And yes I have tried multiple browsers. I am only at 5 gigs for this month! Calling Verizon soon.

That's a Verizon thing. When I had Verizon I hit the exact same issue all the time. It's the way they handle data streaming through their servers. Traffic gets routed poorly, so especially anything that requires multiple DNS changes (such as page forwarders) will be excruciatingly slow.

As an example: Try to open a webpage link from a Facebook post. I can almost guarantee it will take longer than just loading a website on its own by quite a bit. There's some inherent slowdown in doing this kind of thing, but doing it through the Verizon network is like pulling teeth.