Greenpower is a must have app

Search This thread

rootnik

Nov 22, 2010
Link

One of the top power saving tips for android roms on any device is turning wifi off when the screen is off. Our touchpads are not capable of this on their own yet, that is where this app comes in.

Just install/open and the app will do the rest for you. The only con that I have found is that it takes 5-10 seconds for it to enable wifi when you awake if for sleep.

Market Description:
GreenPower battery saver: No need to charge your battery so often!
GreenPower battery saver brings many extra hours to your battery life!
Unlike other battery savers that require regular user manual actions, GreenPower is fully automatic: Once configured, it runs and saves your battery by itself. It does so by smartly managing Wifi, Mobile data & Bluetooth (*): Turning them off when you don't need them, but ensure minimum disturbance: Automatic turned ON when needed by you or by other apps (e.g retrieving mails).
Similar but easier cleaner and faster than JuiceDefender!
"GreenPower mainly does one thing, but does it so well and so flexibly that the benefits reaped are considerable." (InfoWorld)
"GreenPower is a simple and easy to use power and network management software" (Engadget Chinese edition)
"GreenPower Premium is a remarkable tool. Battery saver, time saver, top notch!" (AndroidPit)
HIGHLIGHTS
- Handles WIFI, Mobile Data (2G, 3G, some 4G) & BLUETOOTH
- Supports most phone types (both GSM & CDMA) and most carriers
- Supports Android ICE CREAM SANDWICH, HONEYCOMB, GINGERBREAD & FROYO
- Mobile Data toggling using clean Internal API or APN renaming (you can chose)
- Most features below available in Free version unless marked with (*)
INSTALL AND FORGET
Or take time to configure to get the most out of it!
24H MONEY BACK GUARANTEE (premium)
Google's 15 minutes trying time is too short for such an app. Try Premium for 24H and get a refund if you didn't like it.
FEATURES
- Wifi mgmt: Based on schedule, screen state, power connected, signal level...
- Mobile data mgmt: Based on schedule, screen state, power connected...
- Mobile data mgmt: Either Internal API or APN renaming
- BLUETOOTH (*) mgmt: Based on devices connected or in range, screen state, power etc
- Traffic check: Configurable to prevent disturbing other apps
- Apps Whitelist (*): To keep data on when using specific apps (like music streaming)
- Simple WIDGET (*): To quickly pause or resume
- NIGHT (*) mode fully configurable, Airplane mode...
- Tasker & Locale Plug-in (*)
- Compatible with Cerberus 2.0
- Very lightweight and fast app
- Easy and clean interface
- Fully configurable settings
- Settings backup / restore
- 20 Languages (changeable at run time)
- And more...
SUPPORT
- Dedicated Forum for support issues
- Support from the developer. I'm answering each issue.
- Regular updates with bug fixes and new features
PREMIUM version specific features:
- Bluetooth support
- Widget
- Night mode
- Tasker & Locale Plug-in
- Apps whitelist
- No ads
- The good feeling to support an independent developer ;-)
Tags: battery saver, battery booster, juice defender, batteryfu, apndroid, 2x battery saver

I have no affiliation with this app, just wanted to pass it along to those who want some power management. I haven't bought the premium version, but probably will after a week or so of testing.

Last edited:

nightanole

Mar 4, 2012
Im going to try this with AOKP 31. So what you are saying, is the bug where if i have wifi set to off, it never comes back again, will be fixed with this app? I wont have to turn wifi off and then back on again to reconnect after sleep?

rootnik

Nov 22, 2010
Im going to try this with AOKP 31. So what you are saying, is the bug where if i have wifi set to off, it never comes back again, will be fixed with this app? I wont have to turn wifi off and then back on again to reconnect after sleep?

You'll leave your wifi setting to "always" be on and let the app manage it.

When the screen shuts off, the app will turn off your wifi. When you turn your screen back on, it turns your wifi back on.

Like I said above, it is slow to turn back on (sometimes takes up to 10 seconds), but yes it will turn it back on for you.

If you have ever used Juice Defender before, this app is like that in a simpler form.

jetguy35

Mar 29, 2011
Just what I wanted. Works just like you said. Hopefully it doesn't have battery drain from running in the background. But so far I am happy that it kills wifi when the screen is off and starts it back up on screen on.

Reactions: netkillercat

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
I tried it (free version initially and then purchase and got a refund within 15 mins) but then settled for Juice Defender instead. Both are good but I found the extra customisation, etc. available with JD the deciding factor.

I've got JD Ultimate and its definitely saving me battery life on both my phone and Touchpad. Its also got a handy 'night mode' feature that automatically switches my tab into silent mode at bedtime and back into noisy mode around the time I wake up!

The2max

Apr 19, 2012
I've been using llama (available on the market) for some power management. It's not explicitly designed for that purpose, but you can create profiles based on location and have it turn off the wifi if you haven't used it for a while, that sort of thing. It's kind of like a simpler version of Tasker.

DNak206

Dec 3, 2008
Neat idea but not a new concept whatsoever. The App Tasker does this and a WHOLE lot more. What you describe above is what a profile or two in Tasker can do.

Reactions: rootnik

rootnik

Nov 22, 2010
Neat idea but not a new concept whatsoever. The App Tasker does this and a WHOLE lot more. What you describe above is what a profile or two in Tasker can do.

I'll have to check App Tasker out. We need to share battery saving info like this because in my opinion that is an area we are lacking with our Touchpads.

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
I'll have to check App Tasker out. We need to share battery saving info like this because in my opinion that is an area we are lacking with our Touchpads.

You're kidding right?! My batt lasts ages - its one of the great features of the Touchpad. I can put videos on for my son in the car for 6-8 hours and still have 20%+ juice left afterwards for him to play Angry Birds when reach our destination! Or, spend all day surfing the net and playing games before it needs a recharge.

Obviously I don't leave my WiFi on while I'm not using it or doing something that doesn't need me to be online.

Also, one if the biggest battery drains is usually the screen. Turn the brightness down and it'll last loads longer!

jask0

Oct 19, 2010
I downloaded this and gave it a try. Didn't really notice any difference in battery tbh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link

One of the top power saving tips for android roms on any device is turning wifi off when the screen is off. Our touchpads are not capable of this on their own yet, that is where this app comes in.

Just install/open and the app will do the rest for you. The only con that I have found is that it takes 5-10 seconds for it to enable wifi when you awake if for sleep.

Market Description:
    GreenPower battery saver: No need to charge your battery so often!
    GreenPower battery saver brings many extra hours to your battery life!
    Unlike other battery savers that require regular user manual actions, GreenPower is fully automatic: Once configured, it runs and saves your battery by itself. It does so by smartly managing Wifi, Mobile data & Bluetooth (*): Turning them off when you don't need them, but ensure minimum disturbance: Automatic turned ON when needed by you or by other apps (e.g retrieving mails).
    Similar but easier cleaner and faster than JuiceDefender!
    "GreenPower mainly does one thing, but does it so well and so flexibly that the benefits reaped are considerable." (InfoWorld)
    "GreenPower is a simple and easy to use power and network management software" (Engadget Chinese edition)
    "GreenPower Premium is a remarkable tool. Battery saver, time saver, top notch!" (AndroidPit)
    HIGHLIGHTS
    - Handles WIFI, Mobile Data (2G, 3G, some 4G) & BLUETOOTH
    - Supports most phone types (both GSM & CDMA) and most carriers
    - Supports Android ICE CREAM SANDWICH, HONEYCOMB, GINGERBREAD & FROYO
    - Mobile Data toggling using clean Internal API or APN renaming (you can chose)
    - Most features below available in Free version unless marked with (*)
    INSTALL AND FORGET
    Or take time to configure to get the most out of it!
    24H MONEY BACK GUARANTEE (premium)
    Google's 15 minutes trying time is too short for such an app. Try Premium for 24H and get a refund if you didn't like it.
    FEATURES
    - Wifi mgmt: Based on schedule, screen state, power connected, signal level...
    - Mobile data mgmt: Based on schedule, screen state, power connected...
    - Mobile data mgmt: Either Internal API or APN renaming
    - BLUETOOTH (*) mgmt: Based on devices connected or in range, screen state, power etc
    - Traffic check: Configurable to prevent disturbing other apps
    - Apps Whitelist (*): To keep data on when using specific apps (like music streaming)
    - Simple WIDGET (*): To quickly pause or resume
    - NIGHT (*) mode fully configurable, Airplane mode...
    - Tasker & Locale Plug-in (*)
    - Compatible with Cerberus 2.0
    - Very lightweight and fast app
    - Easy and clean interface
    - Fully configurable settings
    - Settings backup / restore
    - 20 Languages (changeable at run time)
    - And more...
    SUPPORT
    - Dedicated Forum for support issues
    - Support from the developer. I'm answering each issue.
    - Regular updates with bug fixes and new features
    PREMIUM version specific features:
    - Bluetooth support
    - Widget
    - Night mode
    - Tasker & Locale Plug-in
    - Apps whitelist
    - No ads
    - The good feeling to support an independent developer ;-)
    Tags: battery saver, battery booster, juice defender, batteryfu, apndroid, 2x battery saver

I have no affiliation with this app, just wanted to pass it along to those who want some power management. I haven't bought the premium version, but probably will after a week or so of testing.
    Just what I wanted. Works just like you said. Hopefully it doesn't have battery drain from running in the background. But so far I am happy that it kills wifi when the screen is off and starts it back up on screen on.