[Q] Root/Recovery/ROM on Rezound for Hot-spot
This is my first post and if I do something contrary to proper procedure please let me know.
I am looking to root my HTC Rezound (Verizon
) and get access to hot-spot tethering. I will list exactly what I have and exactly what I want.
This has been asked and answered plenty of times (kinda
) and I have read most of them.
But I canít seem to put it all together in a way Iím comfortable with.
So, I apologize if this seems redundant but I really need specifics.
Of course, if anyone knows where I can find the detailed information I am requesting please please please let me know...
In advance Iíd like to thank those that reply and those that even consider my questions, thank you.
What I have:
What I want:
- Phone: HTC Rezound
- Carrier: Verizon
- Android: v 4.0.3
- Last Update: 05/03/2013 ADR6425LVW_4.05.605.14-3.14.605.13
- Kernel: 30.16-gf131e4 htc-kernal@ul8000-build-144 #1 SMP PREEMPT
- PCs: Yes LT- Win 8 (64) USB 3.0 only, LT- Win 7 (64) USB 2.0 only, and DT- Win XP
- HTC Sync: Yes (3.3.53)
- Internet: Yes
- USB cable: Yes (original)
- Micro SD: Yes (16Gb, 8Gb, 4Gb)
- Phone rooted
- Recovery option installed
- ROM installed (which ROM, not the best ROM just a recommended ROM)
- Access to Hot Spot tethering
- No loss of current data or functionality (used Super Backup to back-up everything it could)
- Ability to revert to the current state
The ability to go back is very important and I understand that the phone will need to be wiped and thatís fine as long as I can get back to my current functioning state.
I have rooted my tablet (ASUS) and it was pretty painless (thank you XDA
). I also recovered and restored it back to its default state.
However, with my phone I donít have the luxury of accepting a critical failure.
I understand that there are inherent risks involved with performing these procedures and I accept that risk, however, I want to be absolutely sure that I donít brick my phone because of my carelessness or recklessness.
So then, I have four requestsÖ
- Which procedure, based on risk/reward/ease is recommended to root my phone and get it to a state where I have the ability to use it as an internet hot-spot? And,
- What ROM is recommended? And,
- What downloads/apps/information will I need before I get started? And,
- Exactly what are the steps to perform these procedures? (I would appreciate as detailed steps as possible. I will have no problem following them, just go easy on the acronyms