[-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889V Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels (Updated 02/26/2013)

Search This thread

rohail6

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks for this teshxx. This is one of the most useful threads in the forums and you definitely deserve more thanks.

Jackalo

Feb 8, 2008
Wichita, KS
Sticky this thread?

I think that this thread really needs to be stickied since the SGH-T889V doesn't have it's own subforum. It'd probably be a very helpful thing to people who are new to flashing to see this thread on the first page instead of buried on page five.

nodyarg

Jul 1, 2009
Toronto
I am on 4.3 with a wing t889v, and i need to downgrade so I can unlock it.Tried to extract the wind 4.1.1 and winrar says its corrupt, but I verified the md5 value and it matches the "correct" md5 (ce66a81a76f0b83879b23890bc16ee44). Can I just flash a mobilicity or videotron 4.1.1 and it will work? im going to try anyways

! \\RT-N66U\Seagate_Expansion_Drive\Desktop\SGH-T889V_GLW_T889VVLALJ4-teshxx.zip: CRC failed in T889VVLALJ4_T889VYVLALJ4_T889VVLALJ4_HOME.tar.md5. The file is corrupt
! \\RT-N66U\Seagate_Expansion_Drive\Desktop\SGH-T889V_GLW_T889VVLALJ4-teshxx.zip: The archive is corrupt

EDIT: Guess I cant flash a diff carrier rom since all the download links are broken. Anyone know where I can find a 4.1.1 rom for this stupid phone that is safe to flash?

Last edited:

Baenwort

Mar 31, 2008
I am on 4.3 with a wing t889v, and i need to downgrade so I can unlock it.Tried to extract the wind 4.1.1 and winrar says its corrupt, but I verified the md5 value and it matches the "correct" md5 (ce66a81a76f0b83879b23890bc16ee44). Can I just flash a mobilicity or videotron 4.1.1 and it will work? im going to try anyways

! \\RT-N66U\Seagate_Expansion_Drive\Desktop\SGH-T889V_GLW_T889VVLALJ4-teshxx.zip: CRC failed in T889VVLALJ4_T889VYVLALJ4_T889VVLALJ4_HOME.tar.md5. The file is corrupt
! \\RT-N66U\Seagate_Expansion_Drive\Desktop\SGH-T889V_GLW_T889VVLALJ4-teshxx.zip: The archive is corrupt

EDIT: Guess I cant flash a diff carrier rom since all the download links are broken. Anyone know where I can find a 4.1.1 rom for this stupid phone that is safe to flash?

If your phone has factory 4.3 you can not downgrade to a lower version as the KNOX functionality that is built into the 4.3 bootloader will prevent the flashing of a prior version.

You can still root with stock factory 4.3 but you'll need to either trip the KNOX counter or use one of the more involved methods. Is there a reason you are trying to flash such an early version?

nodyarg

Jul 1, 2009
Toronto
If your phone has factory 4.3 you can not downgrade to a lower version as the KNOX functionality that is built into the 4.3 bootloader will prevent the flashing of a prior version.

You can still root with stock factory 4.3 but you'll need to either trip the KNOX counter or use one of the more involved methods. Is there a reason you are trying to flash such an early version?

yeah im trying to flash 4.1.1 so that i can access the nv_data_initializz option in my service menu so that i can gsm unlock my phone, they removed it in 4.1.2. i dont give a **** about tripping the flash counter or voiding my warranty. but it looks like these images are all corrupt or broken download links, so can i just use a t889 factory image instead? i know with some of the other samsung phones they just throw "M" at the end of the model name but it is the same phone and can take the same images, so i assume the same is true with teh t889"V", or does the image have to be for the canadian variant to flash?

Last edited:

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
yeah im trying to flash 4.1.1 so that i can access the nv_data_initializz option in my service menu so that i can gsm unlock my phone, they removed it in 4.1.2. i dont give a **** about tripping the flash counter or voiding my warranty. but it looks like these images are all corrupt or broken download links, so can i just use a t889 factory image instead? i know with some of the other samsung phones they just throw "M" at the end of the model name but it is the same phone and can take the same images, so i assume the same is true with teh t889"V", or does the image have to be for the canadian variant to flash?

All you need is the 4.1.1 modem for your device and any touchwiz rom. If you are on the Canadian variant of the T889 do not apply the US T889 modem (someone around here got stuck with said modem and couldn't put a new one on).

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Reactions: nodyarg

nodyarg

Jul 1, 2009
Toronto
All you need is the 4.1.1 modem for your device and any touchwiz rom. If you are on the Canadian variant of the T889 do not apply the US T889 modem (someone around here got stuck with said modem and couldn't put a new one on).

Thats great news! I had been doing some more reading up on downgrading from 4.3. I misunderstood what beanwort said and i was under the impression that it was possible except that it would trip a flash counter or otherwise void my warranty, but i now understand that its not possible and will result in a brick, and noone is optimistic about devs accomplishing downgrading in the future.

I had not read that it was possible to flash a 4.1.1 radio however, so thank you for letting me know. Ill try flashing it tonight. Really wish samsung was nicer to devs since custom firmware is such a huge selling point of the android os. this is bull****.

Last edited:

nodyarg

Jul 1, 2009
Toronto

ok i installed mobile oden pro, downloaded the 4.1.1 glw modem. but there is no TAR file! it is jsut a zip with modem.bin. how do i flash this?

EDIT: I took a risk and clicked "modem" then browsed to the modem.bin selected it and chose flash firmware. Worked and i unlocked the phone. Now where can i find the 4.3 modem?

Last edited:

mattlowry

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Valley View, TX
Reactions: nodyarg

grose65

Feb 2, 2011
york
Great battery life.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398004552204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398004552204.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 226

Vadim1

Sep 7, 2008
From SGH-T889V to SGH-i317M ?

Hello,

I have been using a Mobilicity SGH-T889V on Bell Mobility network.
Obviously, the phone is not LTE enabled.

As I am waiting for the upcoming 4.4 update, I am afraid it will once again leave this model LTE disabled.

Hence my question:
Is it possible to flash the SGH-i317M (Bell Mobility's version) firmware on SGH-T889V altogether ?
Is it technically doable at all ?

Thanks,

Vadim1

Sep 7, 2008
@Vadim1: I'm also awaiting the 4.4 update for the T889V to see if it enables LTE and maybe solves the "not going back to stock T889V" problem I've had.

Since Videotron seems to be using Rogers' network, I am hoping they would accept to have LTE enabled on the Note 2.
If they don't, I will have one more reason to upgrade sooner than I thought.

Do you think they will offer 4.4 before July ?

Top Liked Posts