Stock on hboot1.56 Security Warning!

Search This thread

Wally72

Jul 27, 2011
York, Pa
Hello. I was on TMO 4.4.2 S-On unlocked bootloader. I wanted to downgrade to 4.3 so I downloaded the RUU for TMO. Then I re-locked bootloader and tried to run the RUU with no lock "ERROR 155". I searched for the KK RUU but isn't available. Now I'm stock at the bootloader with the "SYSTEM WARNING". Can someone please tell me how I can either get to downgrade with the 4.3 RUU or how to get my device up and running?

TIA

synt3k

Jul 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Unlock your bootloader again if you locked it, then use fastboot to flash a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7.0.0.
Once you have the recovery installed you can flash a ROM by either side loading it or use a handy USB OTG adapter and a flash drive. There are many guides available that cover all of this already online. Just curious, are you S-OFF?

Reactions: Wally72

Wally72

Jul 27, 2011
York, Pa
Unlock your bootloader again if you locked it, then use fastboot to flash a custom recovery like TWRP 2.7.0.0.
Once you have the recovery installed you can flash a ROM by either side loading it or use a handy USB OTG adapter and a flash drive. There are many guides available that cover all of this already online. Just curious, are you S-OFF?

S-on. Could I use the same unlock code.bin?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hello. I was on TMO 4.4.2 S-On unlocked bootloader. I wanted to downgrade to 4.3 so I downloaded the RUU for TMO. Then I re-locked bootloader and tried to run the RUU with no lock "ERROR 155". I searched for the KK RUU but isn't available. Now I'm stock at the bootloader with the "SYSTEM WARNING". Can someone please tell me how I can either get to downgrade with the 4.3 RUU or how to get my device up and running?

TIA

1) Downgrade requires S-OFF. You cannot flash an RUU for a lower firmware if ur S-ON
2) Instead of going through the ugly RUU process (meaningless), you can just install a 4.3-based ROM. Unlock your bootloader. Flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 using fastboot. Then, adb sideload Android Revolution HD 31.6 (4.3) to ur phone and flash in TWRP.

At the end, ARHD rom is basically stock ROM with more tweaks. So, installing a ROM is better than the headache of an RUU

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Yes, the same unlock code.bin can be used

Reactions: Wally72

Wally72

Jul 27, 2011
York, Pa
1) Downgrade requires S-OFF. You cannot flash an RUU for a lower firmware if ur S-ON
2) Instead of going through the ugly RUU process (meaningless), you can just install a 4.3-based ROM. Unlock your bootloader. Flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 using fastboot. Then, adb sideload Android Revolution HD 31.6 (4.3) to ur phone and flash in TWRP.

At the end, ARHD rom is basically stock ROM with more tweaks. So, installing a ROM is better than the headache of an RUU

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Thank you for your help. I'm up and running!:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TIA