Keyboard

Search This thread

dkyu

Apr 20, 2010
What is a good keyboard for X10?

I am using shapewriter right now, it is pretty good, but i am not too used to that way of typing.

Any other good keyboard are ppl using?

ofiveo

Apr 29, 2010
you have to download the .apk from their website. just google swype. also, swype isn't working. I really like the look of the keyboard, but it just doesn't want to work unless I type letter by letter. Shapewriter works fine though, hmm..

rvictorg

Apr 25, 2010
Toronto
yeah I have both the hacked HTC keyboard and Swype, at first I used the HTC one all the time, but now Swype is the only way to go. It's SO fast and "intelligent," seriously everyone should install it and give it a go

needmoregigs

Aug 16, 2009
I'm typing on the swype keyboard right now.

Use the motorola droid apk. Works with the x10. That's what I'm using since you can no longer download it on the swype website.

Sent from my X10i using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

onuris21

Apr 21, 2010
I'm typing on the swype keyboard right now.

Use the motorola droid apk. Works with the x10. That's what I'm using since you can no longer download it on the swype website.

Sent from my X10i using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Hi,

Where did you download yours? And what version are you using?
I went to their website but the beta testing is closed due to overwhelming responses.

I googled it and found a site hosting this file, so I downloaded it to test it.
My version is 1.25.16.5612 and I am sure this is not the latest beta version as mine seemed a bit buggy at times. But so far I am enjoying the swype!

kimchi29

Feb 14, 2006
i've tried many different keyboards and there isn't one that i fully fully like. currently i'm using swype, my favorite out of the few that i've tried (original android, HTC, and better keyboard)

needmoregigs

Aug 16, 2009
Here is the thread that contains the APK for anyone interested.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=660192&page=2

@onuris21

My version is the same as yours. I too had a little problem with the keyboard crashing on me with a select few letter combinations. I was trying to teach it cuss words, and swype crashed when i tried to enter "pu**y". Had to turn off the "Word Prediction" option. I also disabled "Tip Indicator". Since the little tweek, it's been smooth sailing for me. I hope it helps you. Good luck.

Zaslav

Jun 8, 2009
Toronto
Just downloaded swype and its fantastic. I'm amazed at the accuracy.

Sent from my X10a using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk