[rom] miui 2.4.20

Search This thread

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Well I did full wipes and formatted system, data and cache then flashed the ROM then the Kernel and rebooted but it won't boot past the UtterChaos Kernel screen, it is froze. I rebooted recovery and wiped dalvik and cache and rebooted but it is still stuck.

I will try to flash it again

Last edited:

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
Well I did full wipes and formatted system, data and cache then flashed the ROM then the Kernel and rebooted but it won't boot past the UtterChaos Kernel screen, it is froze. I rebooted recovery and wiped dalvik and cache and rebooted but it is still stuck.

U use uc kernel @ mock kernel?

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X6 using xda premium

Reactions: LibertyMonger

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011

i am guessing UCkernel isnt compatible with miui roms.

for miui roms use SDkernel (or mOCk) :D our bro cacingkalung has it :D gluck mate.

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
U use uc kernel @ mock kernel?

I first tried update kernal(mock) and it was stuck on the first bootup screen. Then I tried UC-Kernel_v5_MIUI_1.11.11_signed and now it is stuck on the MIUI bootanimation. I haven't tried mOCkv1.6.12, should I? Or is there a different Kernel I am missing?

***Edit*** It is the mOCkv1.6.12 kernel. I really didn't realize there were different mock kernels, I thought mock is mock lol. It just now booted successfully!

Last edited:

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
I first tried update kernal(mock) and it was stuck on the first bootup screen. Then I tried UC-Kernel_v5_MIUI_1.11.11_signed and now it is stuck on the MIUI bootanimation. I haven't tried mOCkv1.6.12, should I? Or is there a different Kernel I am missing?

***Edit*** It is the mOCkv1.6.12 kernel. I really didn't realize there were different mock kernels, I thought mock is mock lol. It just now booted successfully!

Gud to hear that, im using that 1.6.12v

Reactions: LibertyMonger

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
So far very nice Zuk! Sorry for the confusion. I think my mom will love this MIUI! Everything looks great and performance is great too. I like the 5x settings very nice! Will report more later. Thanks buddy.

ps... there is one thing in all the ROMs that bugs me, the "Unknown" for carrier, it is at the top left of the lockscreen, not a huge deal but a little annoying lol.

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Wow I'm really liking this MIUI, no issues so far and runs smooth and beautifully! It seems the radio signal is even better! I normally lose all signal occasionally in my house hopefully it fixes this. Great ROM bud.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

kshitij_bhatt

Aug 8, 2011
Jaipur
www.facebook.com
very targeting point which missed out here that if you are on rc3 or sharp rom ... you first need to downgrade to any 2.3.4 version ....

got my phone now locked at blue screen :p :p will make it working up today then again will flash new kernel

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
very targeting point which missed out here that if you are on rc3 or sharp rom ... you first need to downgrade to any 2.3.4 version ....

got my phone now locked at blue screen :p :p will make it working up today then again will flash new kernel

Sorry to hear that... but it should be understood that there is no .35 mock kernel, then for sure it is .32 kernel. Rc3 & sharp are both .35 based roms

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Yes, but the night before it wasn't there and I was eager to try Mokee so I searched for it. LOL

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

Last edited:

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
Rom is great but I experienced WiFi sleep of death so reverted back. Also haptic feedback values nOt saving.

Sent from my MacLite-FB0 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credits go to sbasil for his u8800 rom. I just port his rom to our device.

Credit also to llorn & mantera for mOCk kernel.

And to whyzee too. :)

Download the rom here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/OECg-QtB/Miui_2420_U9000_Multilingual_R.html

Steps of installation:
    1. Do a full wipe
    2. Flash the rom
    3. Flash mOCk kernel: http://www.4shared.com/zip/7f-EiXM9/mOCkv1612.html
    4. Boot the system
    5. Let the booting process settle down
    6. After the rom has been properly booted up, go to cwm again
    7. Wipe dalvik & cache, reboot system again (if not do this, not all apps will appear on screen)
    8. ENJOYYY
    9. Now u can go to x5 setting & change i/o scheduler to cfq, default one (noop) is for u8800, sometime its not stable

Details & screenshots can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22185145

KEY FEATURES

• Based on miuiandroid.com's 2.4.20 (Desire S)
    • & ret4rt's .35 MIUI (libs)
    • Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf mOCk 1.6.12
    • ext4 filesystem
    • Bravia engine (for better photos)
    • vsync on (fps locked)
    • USB tethering works
    • Native WIFI tethering works, thanks to ezet
    • 14 languages (apps included)
    • 4-way-reboot menu
    • Extended settings
    • X5 Settings
    • Skip tracks via volume press
    • Two themes [default & default dark]
    • [icons from Desire Z's MIUI Strawmetal.Mi]
    • 2 camera apps [MIUI & CM7 cam]
    • Gallery 3D
    • DSP Manager

Cool features you may not have noticed:

• Torch on lockscreen (press home button on lockscreen for a flashlight)
    • Music player on lockscreen (double tap on the round lock icon and music player controls will appear)

Note:
    1. Gps working but locking better with whyzee patch frm edowar's cm7
    2. I hv asked whyzee help to fix the headset, or maybe ck/fr already hv the patch

Headset fix by whyzee: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25123240

tried flash this WiFi patch...this is wifi file for kernal mock..
    Wait for whyzee

headset fix - tested to be working
    (note:size is around 811kB. sometimes xda gives you 554B sized dummy files)
    Wait for whyzee

You can read at my Dumies Guide thread, everything including tools and how to fix headset already there.

Sent from my CSL-MI410 @CKMIUI 2.4.13 using Tapatalk
    I really like this ROM but getting a lot of reboots. I know with my Nexus raising voltages a little usually fixes this but can't do it with this kernel I guess. Also after booting up it always asks for sim unlock password even though it is disabled. I think this is it so far for bugs but the rebooting is happening much too often, especially after opening facebook. Can someone confirm if we should flash the wifi zip? I might have to flash back to bumblebee for now, or something else not sure what. I will change the governor see if it helps. Seems I have reboots with all the ROM's but this MIUI is more often. Thanks everybody and Zuk for sharing your work much appreciated.

Its not happen to me... yes sometimes it reboot, especially if i browse internet too long, but its already happen since i was using gb 2.3.4 mi410 stock rom, its not abt the rom, its bcoz of the stock browser.

The original u8800 dev for this rom had came out with patch to stop that password request, but i get to repack it first if we want to use it. Overall i think this rom is more stable than my latest lewa