[Success!] Just sent urgent SOS to Tab Pro 10.1 Developers - WE HAVE A ROM!

Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
UPDATE:

Good news folks! Our little project here has resulted in a working, smooth and pretty dammed fast rom for the 10.5 (US Version). It is still in Beta but based upon my experience, everything seems to be working.

Special appreciation to @ik4evr2 who came here from the 10.1 Pro Forums and without the benefit of his own device built a working rom for us. My thanks also go out to all the smart people who teamed with him to make it happen.

Go give it a flash. It only gets better from here :)

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
UPDATE:

Good news folks! Our little project here has resulted in a working, smooth and pretty dammed fast rom for the 10.5 (US Version). It is still in Beta but based upon my experience, everything seems to be working.

Special appreciation to @ik4evr2 who came here from the 10.1 Pro Forums and without the benefit of his own device built a working rom for us. My thanks also go out to all the smart people who teamed with him to make it happen.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/sm-wip-rom-t2832360

Reactions: Shaheer

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
UPDATE:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/sm-wip-rom-t2832360

I'm glad as well that I had the chance you help you guys out. :good:

mears

Jan 10, 2012
UPDATE:

Awesome news!

Reactions: Shaheer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!,

I'm willing to do this but i'll need some people who are willing to do trial and error testing to get it ready.
    Just an update everyone: I have started working on the rom. Please give me some time as these things take a bit. I have to carefully test things to make sure they work so they don't end up broken when you flash the rom. Thanks for understanding & wish me luck! :victory:

Edit 1: Decompiled the firmware. DeOdexing apks
    Yes TW can go to the junk, CM is the best thing we could have on our tablets.

I consider TW based Rom more as tweaks / tuning than real development.
    Well so far no responses to my private messages from the developers at Tab Pro forum. Next step will be to post in the actual threads and ask nicely for help. These guys probably get a million PMs so I'm not surprised not to hear a response.
    And android is just tweaked linux. Though the difference in porting AOSP/CM to this device versus modifying the current rom is like the difference between building a model rocket from a kit and launching a shuttle into orbit.

Really anyone who knows how to extract/build a system.img can build a rom for this device in under an hour. Super simple......

TOTALLY disagree. You left out "basic" ROM.....

Same could be said for "building" a CM ROM. (Notice I didn't use the word "porting").

Modifying a TW ROM and smali code can be a heck of a challenge and headache too ;) Not super simple ...... particularly for new firmware etc.

But a lot of things don't really need to be built into the ROM anymore with Xposed, nor into CM either.

PS. To those that insist modifying TW isn't development have no idea what they are talking about.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app