[HOW To][MOD] THE HOW TO THREAD, Turning a stock leak to CWM flashable added![4/19/]

Search This thread

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
I have seen this question a hundred times, and for some reason everyone who did the Official ATT update to gingerbread thought they were getting this fancy CRT, or as one user said, Old tv like animation. That is not the case. This does not come factory with any stock infuse rom that i am aware of.
But it is one of the most simple mods to do on your own.Here is the guide.

Tools you will need.

Java JRE(if you dont already)
Android SDK
adb installed
Apktool, apkmanager(either is good)
7zip or winrar archiver
A text editor(I recommend notepad++)

Step 1 : First we have to decompile the framework-res.apk located in system/framework of the rom of your choice. Pull framework-res.apk and place in folder with apktool(if using apkmanager place in "place apk here for modding folder").
Open command prompt and type cd path/to/apktool, or type cd and drag apktool folder into command window and hit enter, this will put you in the path.

Next type
Code:
apktool if framework-res.apk
This will install the proper framework files for the resources to decompile or recompile.
Once finished type
Code:
apktool d framework-res.apk ./out
this will decompile the framework, should look like this
Code:
I: Loading resouirce tables...
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Done.
I: Copying assests and libs...
If using apkmanager choose option 9 to decompile.

Step 2: Now we make our simple edit to enable the CRT off animation.

In your newly created out folder in apktool(or projects folder in apkmanager), open res/values and scroll to the "bools.xml" and open with text editor.

look for
Code:
 <bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
and change to
Code:
 <bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>
save and close.

Step 3: Recompile framework. In command promt for apktool type
Code:
apktool b -f -d out
or
Code:
apktool b out
either works.
With apkmanager choose option 11.

Once recompiled, you should have two new folders in your out folder called "build" and "dist". since we made no image edits we will not mess with the dist folder.
Open your build folder and copy the resources.arsc into your ORIGINAL framework-res.apk. Just open framework-res with 7zip or winrar and drop it in.
In apkmanger you will have a keep folder, go into that folder when prompted and delete the resources.arsc folder and continue.
Done!
Push framework with adb by navigating to android sdk platform tools folder, plug in your phone with USB debugging checked and type
Code:
adb remount rw
adb push framework-res.apk  /system/framework/framework-res.apk
adb reboot
Once booted up make sure in settings/display/animations that all animations are shown.

Now you have CRT off animation! Enjoy!

EXTENDED POWER MENUJ

OK, HERE'S THE MOD YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR GAME FACE ON! :)

TOOLS NEEDED:
THE SAME AS MOD ABOVE

1: First we have to decompile the framework-res.apk to add the resources to the framework, using the apktool of your choice.
Once decompiled go to res/values/strings.xml and scroll all the way to the bottom and add these strings before "resources"

Code:
<string name="reboot">Reboot"</string>
<string name="reboot_recovery">Recovery</string>
<string name="reboot_download">Download<string>

Save and close

Now would be the time to add your png images to res/drawable-hdpi, make sure they are named "ic_lock_reboot, and so on..

Next open the public.xml also in res/values and add the resource id's for our new menu options. scroll to the last line of "<public type="string" name" and add these resource id's.

Code:
<public type="string" name="reboot" id="0x010404ac" />
<public type="string" name="reboot_recovery" id="0x010404ad" />
<public type="string" name="reboot_download" id="0x010404ae" />

then scroll to the last line of "<public type="drawable" name" and add these resource id's

Code:
<public type="drawable" name="ic_lock_reboot" id="0x010803dc" />
<public type="drawable" name="ic_lock_recovery" id="0x010803dd" />
<puiblic type="drawable" name="ic_lock_download" id="0x010803db" />

Recompile framework.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here"s the fun part.
Using apktool or baksmali, decompile framework.jar and go to smali/com/android/internal/app/shutdownthread.smali and open with notepad++

Add this to line 29 right above ".field private static mReboot:Z

Code:
.field public static mReboot:I

then, search for ".line 660" and change this

Code:
if-eqz p0, :cond_0

to

Code:
if-eqz p0, :cond_3

Now scroll to line 820 and add this code

Code:
sget v1, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->mReboot:I

const/4 v2, 0x1

if-eq v1, v2, :cond_0

const/4 v2, 0x2

if-eq v1, v2, :cond_1

const/4 v2, 0x3

if-eq v1, v2, :cond_2

.line 686
    invoke-static {}, Landroid/os/Power;->shutdown()V

.line 687
    return-void

:cond_0
    const-string/jumbo v4, "now"

invoke-static {v4}, Landroid/os/Power;->reboot(Ljava/lang/String;)V

return-void

:cond_1
    const-string/jumbo v4, "recovery"

return-void

:cond_2
    const-string v4, "download"

return-void

the last line of this code "return void" should end at line 859.

then on line 877 change this

Code:

to

Code:
:cond_3

save and close
Recompile framework.jar

Now, decompile android.policy.jar and go to smali/com/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions.smali and open with text editor. Scroll to line 412 and change this

Code:
const/4 v10, 0x4

to

Code:
const/4 v10, 0x7

Then on line 458 change this

Code:
const/4 v0, 0x3

to

Code:
const/4 v0, 0x6

Then on line 482 add this code

Code:
aput-object v2, v0, v1

const/4 v1, 0x3

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$7;

const v3, 0x10803db

const v4, 0x10404ac

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$7;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

aput-object v2, v0, v1

const/4 v1, 0x4

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$8;

const v3, 0x10803dc

const v4, 0x10404ad

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$8;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

aput-object v2, v0, v1

const/4 v1, 0x5

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$9;

const v3, 0x10803dd

const v4, 0x10404ae

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$9;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

Now, copy GlobalActions$3.smali and rename it to GlobalActions$7.smali and change GlobalActions$3" to GlobalActions$7"(should be three changes) then delete lines 50 to 54 and add this code to line 50

Code:
const/4 v1, 0x0

const/4 p0, 0x1

sput p0, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->mReboot:I

save and close.

Then copy GlobalActions$3.smali and rename it to GlobalActions$8.smali and change GlobalActions$3" to $8 three times also. Then delete lines 50 to 54 and add this to line 50

Code:
 const/4 v1, 0x0

const/4 p0, 0x2

save and close.

Now copy GlobalActions$3.smali and rename to GlobalActions$9.smali and change the three GlobalActions$3" to $9. Then delete lines 50 to 54 and add this code to line 50

Code:
const/4 v1, 0x0

const/4 p0, 0x3

save and close.

Done!! Recompile android.policy.jar and test framework-res.apk, framework.jar and android.policy jar on phone.

This should work on all GB roms for the Infuse. For those following the guide on the vibrant forum, it will not work on our device. It is different, this is the updated epm coding for our Infuse

WHILE EDITING SMALI, MAKE SURE ALL MARGINS ARE ALIGNED PERFECTLY!

Enjoy!

Attatched extended pngs

CONVERSION OF STOCK TAR.MD5 LEAK TO CWM FLASHABLE FOR NEW AND UPCOMING DEVELOPERS

Now, i have been wanting to do this for quite sometime, and this can also be accomplished by researching and googling, but here you will have everything you need to build your OWN rom from scratch from a stock samsung tar.md5 leak. Also, I do not mind new developers using my stock rooted bases to build a rom, we all have to start somewhere, but wouldn't you like to say "Hey, i made this, and its all mine"? Well in this how to, i will provide you with the knowlege to do so, and the links to the tools you will need. Some of the tools you will need have already been outlinrd in the other How To's above, if you have followed or read them, but i will outline them again here to be clear.

Tools:
7zip or winrar archiver
notepad++ or text editor of your choice
dsixda kitchen(i dont use this anymore, but i did when i started and its simple to use for building and deodexing your rom)From Here
MagicISO which can be downloaded for free From Here

First:
Download one of the stock leaks, either from here or from samsung. It will come in a .rar file format.
Next go to a place on your pc where you want to create a folder for your new rom and create a folder for your new rom and name it(eg....Zeus Rom).
Then, open the new rom folder and create two new folders called "system" and "updates". Then close. We will come back here later.
Then in the same area of you new rom folder create a new folder called UCLB3 or whatever firmware you are working with. This is where we will extract the factoryfs, ect...

Second:
Now, go to where you downloaded the stock .rar file and open it with 7zip or winrar. Inside you should now see another .rar file. Double click to decompress and show the contents. You should now see a folder with the rom name(ie...SGH-I997_I997UCLB3_UC_ATT) open folder and you should see two files now, (I997UCLB3-Homebinary.tar.md5, and SS_DL.dll) you will not need the second file for what we are doing.
Now, double click the Homebinary.md5.tar file to decompress and show contents. You should now see(cache.rfs, zimage, modem.bin, factoryfs.rfs, boot.bin, Sbl.bin) For what we are doing we will only need the factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, modem.bin. Now click Extract and extract to the folder you made next to your new rom. It will probably ask for a password, and the password is "sampro.pl".

Third:
Open magicISO and in the top left-hand corner click file, then open, then navigate to the file where we just extracted the contents of the md5.tar. at the bottom where it says "files of type", click on it and choose all files so it will show everything you extracted to the folder.
Now double click on factoryfs.rfs and you should now see the contents of the file show up in the left hand box of magicISO. At the top of the files right click on "NO NAME" and click extract. Navigate to the new rom/system folder you created and extract. Once finished, you will now see your system as you normally see it when you open a rom.zip. You should now see, "app, bin, cameradata, etc, firmware, fonts, framework, lib, media, modules, tts, usr, xbin, build.prop, and default.prop".

Fourth:
Repeat the same process for cache.rfs and extract to the same folder, except we will delete this folder when we get what we need. Now you should see a new folder in the system folder called recovery. Move it outside the system folder anywhere, or during extraction you can extract outside the system folder, whatever is easiest.
Inside this folder you should see two files, "command, and sec_csc.zip". Open the sec_csc.zip to show its contents.You should now see the META-INF folder and system folder. Take the META-INF folder and move it to the rom folder with the "system and updates folder".
Next open the system folder of the sec_csc.zip you have open to show its contents. You should see, "csc, etc, media, CSCFiles.txt, CSCVersion.txt, SW_Configuration.txt". Move the "csc" folder and the three CSC.txt files to your system folder. From the sec_csc.zip file, open the etc folder and move that one file to your new rom/system/etc folder.
Next from the sec_csc.zip file, open media/audio, and move the "effects" folder to your new rom/system/media/audio folder. Then open the ringtones folder and move the ringtones.ogg's to your new rom/system/media/audio/ringtones folder.
Take the bootsamsungloop.qmg file and move to rour new rom/system/media folder.
Now if you extracted the cache.rfs into the new rom/system folder, you can delete it now, as we have what we need from it in our new rom.

Fifth:
Now go to where you extracted the md5.tar file and move the modem.bin to your new rom/updates folder. If you want to use the stock zimage you can put it in the updates folder but probably wont keep root. I suggest finding a rooted kernel for your device and placing the zimage and redbend_ua in the updates folder.
Now in the META-INF folder the updater script will not work due to the signature verification will fail. You will have to either write a new one, or grab one from a stock cwm flashable from your device and use it, or write your own using a guide.

Sixth:
Now with 7zip or winrar, compress your new rom folder into a zip file.
Download dsixda android kitchen and follow the instructions to set up and turn your rom zip into a cwm flashable zip!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

crash822

Sep 11, 2011
Should be stickied and title maybe changed to simple android mods

Sent from my Samsung Infuse

wawaweewa

Jul 9, 2008
lake elsinore
Nice dman!this will come in handy for pur future modders here :D you should add some more tweaks or how to regarding moddings ;)

sent from an awesome infuse4g

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Yep... this will be the mod thread... will try and post new ones every week

sent from my baby girls rom

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Thread has been stickied, this will be the how to thread for the Infuse, all how to questions and requests here.. :)

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
Sick... Let the mods begin. :D I LOVE that you are sharing your knowledge so that everyone can learn and at their own pace. I have a feeling that this might be the begin to a lot of lightly nodded stock GB roms... Which is great. Thanks D. Maybe this will keep the dev questions in Zeus down a bit.... Though... I kinda doubt it.. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

DozenMadder

Jan 29, 2012
New England
Thanks dman! Love your work. I'd like to make a respectful suggestion. It may be a good idea to set up a post to use as an index for this thread before we get too deep into it. Maybe even move the content of the op and use that one. You're doing a good thing and thanks again.

OnProzac

Nov 29, 2011
Chicago
Chaning bootanimation

Question here on chaning the boot animation....

If I just replace the png files with others in the sanim zip folder, will that work to change the boot animations?

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
I don't think that will work to change bootanimation... its more complicated than that.... I will get a how to up on that also, as soon as I can

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: raymond26170

OnProzac

Nov 29, 2011
Chicago
Thanks dman! I was going to attempt to do this through uot with the framework-res.apk & twframework-res.apk from Zeus & ICS theme, but I will wait and be patient for the how-to on this. I searched through the forums on bootanimation topics, but there really isn’t any how-to. Thanks again in advance!

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Im gonna try the crt off later on a different rom since zeus already has it and if i feel comfortable enought after that ill try the extended power menu

Quick question can you do the crt animation off on other phones? My cousin is jealous of that feature and he has the optimus v so im wondering if this mod is at all posible with his phone and if your tutorial for the infuse will work on his phone (dont want to brick his phone cause as far as i know his phone is actually brickable)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Yes... it should be a similar mod for both... but.. if you don't feel comfortable you can send me the framework-res.apk and I can mod it for you and send it back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have seen this question a hundred times, and for some reason everyone who did the Official ATT update to gingerbread thought they were getting this fancy CRT, or as one user said, Old tv like animation. That is not the case. This does not come factory with any stock infuse rom that i am aware of.
    But it is one of the most simple mods to do on your own.Here is the guide.

Tools you will need.

Java JRE(if you dont already)
    Android SDK
    adb installed
    Apktool, apkmanager(either is good)
    7zip or winrar archiver
    A text editor(I recommend notepad++)

Step 1 : First we have to decompile the framework-res.apk located in system/framework of the rom of your choice. Pull framework-res.apk and place in folder with apktool(if using apkmanager place in "place apk here for modding folder").
    Open command prompt and type cd path/to/apktool, or type cd and drag apktool folder into command window and hit enter, this will put you in the path.

Next type
    Code:
    apktool if framework-res.apk
    This will install the proper framework files for the resources to decompile or recompile.
    Once finished type
    Code:
    apktool d framework-res.apk ./out
    this will decompile the framework, should look like this
    Code:
    I: Loading resouirce tables...
    I: Loaded.
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    I: Done.
    I: Copying assests and libs...
    If using apkmanager choose option 9 to decompile.

Step 2: Now we make our simple edit to enable the CRT off animation.

In your newly created out folder in apktool(or projects folder in apkmanager), open res/values and scroll to the "bools.xml" and open with text editor.

look for
    Code:
     <bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>
    and change to
    Code:
     <bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>
    save and close.

Step 3: Recompile framework. In command promt for apktool type
    Code:
    apktool b -f -d out
    or
    Code:
    apktool b out
    either works.
    With apkmanager choose option 11.

Once recompiled, you should have two new folders in your out folder called "build" and "dist". since we made no image edits we will not mess with the dist folder.
    Open your build folder and copy the resources.arsc into your ORIGINAL framework-res.apk. Just open framework-res with 7zip or winrar and drop it in.
    In apkmanger you will have a keep folder, go into that folder when prompted and delete the resources.arsc folder and continue.
    Done!
    Push framework with adb by navigating to android sdk platform tools folder, plug in your phone with USB debugging checked and type
    Code:
    adb remount rw
    adb push framework-res.apk  /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    adb reboot
    Once booted up make sure in settings/display/animations that all animations are shown.

Now you have CRT off animation! Enjoy!

EXTENDED POWER MENUJ

OK, HERE'S THE MOD YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR GAME FACE ON! :)

TOOLS NEEDED:
    THE SAME AS MOD ABOVE

1: First we have to decompile the framework-res.apk to add the resources to the framework, using the apktool of your choice.
    Once decompiled go to res/values/strings.xml and scroll all the way to the bottom and add these strings before "resources"

Code:
    <string name="reboot">Reboot"</string>
    <string name="reboot_recovery">Recovery</string>
    <string name="reboot_download">Download<string>

Save and close

Now would be the time to add your png images to res/drawable-hdpi, make sure they are named "ic_lock_reboot, and so on..

Next open the public.xml also in res/values and add the resource id's for our new menu options. scroll to the last line of "<public type="string" name" and add these resource id's.

Code:
    <public type="string" name="reboot" id="0x010404ac" />
    <public type="string" name="reboot_recovery" id="0x010404ad" />
    <public type="string" name="reboot_download" id="0x010404ae" />

then scroll to the last line of "<public type="drawable" name" and add these resource id's

Code:
    <public type="drawable" name="ic_lock_reboot" id="0x010803dc" />
    <public type="drawable" name="ic_lock_recovery" id="0x010803dd" />
    <puiblic type="drawable" name="ic_lock_download" id="0x010803db" />

Recompile framework.

Here"s the fun part.
    Using apktool or baksmali, decompile framework.jar and go to smali/com/android/internal/app/shutdownthread.smali and open with notepad++

Add this to line 29 right above ".field private static mReboot:Z

Code:
    .field public static mReboot:I

then, search for ".line 660" and change this

Code:
    if-eqz p0, :cond_0

to

Code:
    if-eqz p0, :cond_3

Now scroll to line 820 and add this code

Code:
    sget v1, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->mReboot:I

const/4 v2, 0x1

if-eq v1, v2, :cond_0

const/4 v2, 0x2

if-eq v1, v2, :cond_1

const/4 v2, 0x3

if-eq v1, v2, :cond_2

.line 686
        invoke-static {}, Landroid/os/Power;->shutdown()V

.line 687
        return-void

const-string/jumbo v4, "now"

return-void

:cond_1
        const-string/jumbo v4, "recovery"

return-void

:cond_2
        const-string v4, "download"

return-void

the last line of this code "return void" should end at line 859.

then on line 877 change this

Code:

to

Code:
    :cond_3

save and close
    Recompile framework.jar

Now, decompile android.policy.jar and go to smali/com/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions.smali and open with text editor. Scroll to line 412 and change this

Code:
    const/4 v10, 0x4

to

Code:
    const/4 v10, 0x7

Then on line 458 change this

Code:
    const/4 v0, 0x3

to

Code:
    const/4 v0, 0x6

Then on line 482 add this code

Code:
    aput-object v2, v0, v1

const/4 v1, 0x3

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$7;

const v3, 0x10803db

const v4, 0x10404ac

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$7;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

aput-object v2, v0, v1

const/4 v1, 0x4

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$8;

const v3, 0x10803dc

const v4, 0x10404ad

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$8;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

aput-object v2, v0, v1

const/4 v1, 0x5

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$9;

const v3, 0x10803dd

const v4, 0x10404ae

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$9;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

Now, copy GlobalActions$3.smali and rename it to GlobalActions$7.smali and change GlobalActions$3" to GlobalActions$7"(should be three changes) then delete lines 50 to 54 and add this code to line 50

Code:
    const/4 v1, 0x0

const/4 p0, 0x1

save and close.

Then copy GlobalActions$3.smali and rename it to GlobalActions$8.smali and change GlobalActions$3" to $8 three times also. Then delete lines 50 to 54 and add this to line 50

Code:
     const/4 v1, 0x0

const/4 p0, 0x2

save and close.

Now copy GlobalActions$3.smali and rename to GlobalActions$9.smali and change the three GlobalActions$3" to $9. Then delete lines 50 to 54 and add this code to line 50

Code:
    const/4 v1, 0x0

const/4 p0, 0x3

save and close.

Done!! Recompile android.policy.jar and test framework-res.apk, framework.jar and android.policy jar on phone.

This should work on all GB roms for the Infuse. For those following the guide on the vibrant forum, it will not work on our device. It is different, this is the updated epm coding for our Infuse

WHILE EDITING SMALI, MAKE SURE ALL MARGINS ARE ALIGNED PERFECTLY!

Enjoy!

Attatched extended pngs

CONVERSION OF STOCK TAR.MD5 LEAK TO CWM FLASHABLE FOR NEW AND UPCOMING DEVELOPERS

Now, i have been wanting to do this for quite sometime, and this can also be accomplished by researching and googling, but here you will have everything you need to build your OWN rom from scratch from a stock samsung tar.md5 leak. Also, I do not mind new developers using my stock rooted bases to build a rom, we all have to start somewhere, but wouldn't you like to say "Hey, i made this, and its all mine"? Well in this how to, i will provide you with the knowlege to do so, and the links to the tools you will need. Some of the tools you will need have already been outlinrd in the other How To's above, if you have followed or read them, but i will outline them again here to be clear.

Tools:
    7zip or winrar archiver
    notepad++ or text editor of your choice
    dsixda kitchen(i dont use this anymore, but i did when i started and its simple to use for building and deodexing your rom)From Here
    MagicISO which can be downloaded for free From Here

First:
    Download one of the stock leaks, either from here or from samsung. It will come in a .rar file format.
    Next go to a place on your pc where you want to create a folder for your new rom and create a folder for your new rom and name it(eg....Zeus Rom).
    Then, open the new rom folder and create two new folders called "system" and "updates". Then close. We will come back here later.
    Then in the same area of you new rom folder create a new folder called UCLB3 or whatever firmware you are working with. This is where we will extract the factoryfs, ect...

Second:
    Now, go to where you downloaded the stock .rar file and open it with 7zip or winrar. Inside you should now see another .rar file. Double click to decompress and show the contents. You should now see a folder with the rom name(ie...SGH-I997_I997UCLB3_UC_ATT) open folder and you should see two files now, (I997UCLB3-Homebinary.tar.md5, and SS_DL.dll) you will not need the second file for what we are doing.
    Now, double click the Homebinary.md5.tar file to decompress and show contents. You should now see(cache.rfs, zimage, modem.bin, factoryfs.rfs, boot.bin, Sbl.bin) For what we are doing we will only need the factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, modem.bin. Now click Extract and extract to the folder you made next to your new rom. It will probably ask for a password, and the password is "sampro.pl".

Third:
    Open magicISO and in the top left-hand corner click file, then open, then navigate to the file where we just extracted the contents of the md5.tar. at the bottom where it says "files of type", click on it and choose all files so it will show everything you extracted to the folder.
    Now double click on factoryfs.rfs and you should now see the contents of the file show up in the left hand box of magicISO. At the top of the files right click on "NO NAME" and click extract. Navigate to the new rom/system folder you created and extract. Once finished, you will now see your system as you normally see it when you open a rom.zip. You should now see, "app, bin, cameradata, etc, firmware, fonts, framework, lib, media, modules, tts, usr, xbin, build.prop, and default.prop".

Fourth:
    Repeat the same process for cache.rfs and extract to the same folder, except we will delete this folder when we get what we need. Now you should see a new folder in the system folder called recovery. Move it outside the system folder anywhere, or during extraction you can extract outside the system folder, whatever is easiest.
    Inside this folder you should see two files, "command, and sec_csc.zip". Open the sec_csc.zip to show its contents.You should now see the META-INF folder and system folder. Take the META-INF folder and move it to the rom folder with the "system and updates folder".
    Next open the system folder of the sec_csc.zip you have open to show its contents. You should see, "csc, etc, media, CSCFiles.txt, CSCVersion.txt, SW_Configuration.txt". Move the "csc" folder and the three CSC.txt files to your system folder. From the sec_csc.zip file, open the etc folder and move that one file to your new rom/system/etc folder.
    Next from the sec_csc.zip file, open media/audio, and move the "effects" folder to your new rom/system/media/audio folder. Then open the ringtones folder and move the ringtones.ogg's to your new rom/system/media/audio/ringtones folder.
    Take the bootsamsungloop.qmg file and move to rour new rom/system/media folder.
    Now if you extracted the cache.rfs into the new rom/system folder, you can delete it now, as we have what we need from it in our new rom.

Fifth:
    Now go to where you extracted the md5.tar file and move the modem.bin to your new rom/updates folder. If you want to use the stock zimage you can put it in the updates folder but probably wont keep root. I suggest finding a rooted kernel for your device and placing the zimage and redbend_ua in the updates folder.
    Now in the META-INF folder the updater script will not work due to the signature verification will fail. You will have to either write a new one, or grab one from a stock cwm flashable from your device and use it, or write your own using a guide.

Sixth:
    Now with 7zip or winrar, compress your new rom folder into a zip file.
    Download dsixda android kitchen and follow the instructions to set up and turn your rom zip into a cwm flashable zip!

Enjoy!
    Next week the how to for the extended power menu... :)
    not gonna happen... its good here for all to view..
    Yes... it should be a similar mod for both... but.. if you don't feel comfortable you can send me the framework-res.apk and I can mod it for you and send it back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    Extended power menu added to OP! Have fun guys!!!