[REF] Nexus 10 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
FOR EVERYONE GETTING THE "set_perm" ERRORS WHEN FLASHING THE JOP40D OTA

This happened because you used the original set of factory images for JOP40C which had a bug in it, verified by JBQ. These buggy factory images are also the ones I've had mirrored on randomphantasmagoria.com since they were released. I just realized today that JBQ had fixed the bug and posted new JOP40C images. I downloaded the new images and have now mirrored the new ones on randomphantasmagoria.com and deleted the old, buggy images. You can download the correct JOP40C images from either the Nexus images page or from randomphantasmagoria.com. Once you apply the new images, JOP40D will apply itself correctly without the set_perm errors.

Sorry for any confusion if you downloaded the images from my site. As I said, I didn't realize that JBQ had uploaded new images to the Nexus images page until today.

Last edited:

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona

This happened because you used the original set of factory images for JOP40C which had a bug in it, verified by JBQ. These buggy factory images are also the ones I've had mirrored on randomphantasmagoria.com since they were released. I just realized today that JBQ had fixed the bug and posted new JOP40C images. I downloaded the new images and have now mirrored the new ones on randomphantasmagoria.com and deleted the old, buggy images. You can download the correct JOP40C images from either the Nexus images page or from randomphantasmagoria.com. Once you apply the new images, JOP40D will apply itself correctly without the set_perm errors.

Sorry for any confusion if you downloaded the images from my site. As I said, I didn't realize that JBQ had uploaded new images to the Nexus images page until today.
Hmm... strange... im not getting that set_perm, I just get error when it trys to install the update in recovery... I already got the new image, which is the process to install it? And will it erase my data?

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hmm... strange... im not getting that set_perm, I just get error when it trys to install the update in recovery... I already got the new image, which is the process to install it? And will it erase my data?

In order to install the images, your bootloader has to be unlocked. Simply extract all of the various .IMG files from the package you download. There are five:

bootloader
boot
system
recovery
userdata

To install them, extract those .IMG files somewhere, then do the following steps from a command prompt:

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img

That will get you on the proper JOP40C installation. If you want to install stock recovery, you can do:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

And if you DID want to erase your data, you can do:

fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
In order to install the images, your bootloader has to be unlocked. Simply extract all of the various .IMG files from the package you download. There are five:

bootloader
boot
system
recovery
userdata

To install them, extract those .IMG files somewhere, then do the following steps from a command prompt:

That will get you on the proper JOP40C installation. If you want to install stock recovery, you can do:

There is a video posted here showing to fastboot the bootloader file by itself but the image zip file is installed as is, a zip file and not one image at a time using the format: fastboot -w update image-XXX-XXX.zip. I've done it that way twice.

Last edited:

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
There is a video posted here showing to fastboot the bootloader file by itself but the image zip file is installed as is, a zip file and not one image at a time using the format: fastboot -w update image-XXX-XXX.zip. I've done it that way twice.

Yeah you can do it that way too. Personally, I just do it the old fashioned way! ;) Plus, he asked how to do it without wiping his data. Doing the fastboot -w method will wipe your data because it flashes userdata.img.

GeForz

Mar 26, 2011

This happened because you used the original set of factory images for JOP40C which had a bug in it, groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!topic/android-building/s-qNo2fxeHY"]verified by JBQ. These buggy factory images are also the ones I've had mirrored on randomphantasmagoria.com since they were released. I just realized today that JBQ had fixed the bug and posted new JOP40C images. I downloaded the new images and have now mirrored the new ones on randomphantasmagoria.com and deleted the old, buggy images. You can download the correct JOP40C images from either the Nexus images page or from randomphantasmagoria.com. Once you apply the new images, JOP40D will apply itself correctly without the set_perm errors.

Hi, thanks for the info.
However I fail to find the updated images on your site.

At randomphantasmagoria.com[ /firmware/nexus-10/mantaray/ only the mantaray-jop40c-factory-87340b80 images are linked which seem to be the buggy ones.
developers.google.com /android/nexus/images#mantaray lists mantaray-jop40c-factory-0d641789 images which fix the set_perm error.

(sorry, can't post links yet :))

Reactions: oldblue910

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona

bootloader
boot
system
recovery
userdata

Well,actually if u unlock the bootloader, you erase your data,so that'sthe same, kinda sucks, but well, thanks. I'll do this when i get home.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hi, thanks for the info.
However I fail to find the updated images on your site.

At randomphantasmagoria.com[ /firmware/nexus-10/mantaray/ only the mantaray-jop40c-factory-87340b80 images are linked which seem to be the buggy ones.
developers.google.com /android/nexus/images#mantaray lists mantaray-jop40c-factory-0d641789 images which fix the set_perm error.

(sorry, can't post links yet :))

Ack!! Sorry about that. The link has been fixed. No idea how that happened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Yep, that'll do it every time. OTAs will normally fail if any file on the /system partition has been modified. :) When OTAs are installing, they go through and check the hash of every single file before patching it to the newer version. If one of those hashes is off, which can only happen if you have the wrong version of a file, the whole OTA will fail.

Hey oldblue, i just pmed you, but that migt be the why im getting an error on recovery while trying to update via ota. I replaced the browserprovider apk and odex for the aosp ones, but just in case, i saved the original ones on my n10. If i replace them back, should the i be able to install thebupdate via ota? Thanks!

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Hey oldblue, i just pmed you, but that migt be the why im getting an error on recovery while trying to update via ota. I replaced the browserprovider apk and odex for the aosp ones, but just in case, i saved the original ones on my n10. If i replace them back, should the i be able to install thebupdate via ota? Thanks!

Yes. If you restore it, you should be all set.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lKBZl

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Anyone able to pull any server links for JDP66 yet? I have seen it hitting server logs quite a bit the last few days & this 4.2.2 build is supposedly rolling out any time to Nexus 4 & 10 devices. I have also seen this build for the Galaxy Nexus, everything but the Nexus 7 for some reason.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Anyone able to pull any server links for JDP66 yet? I have seen it hitting server logs quite a bit the last few days & this 4.2.2 build is supposedly rolling out any time to Nexus 4 & 10 devices. I have also seen this build for the Galaxy Nexus, everything but the Nexus 7 for some reason.

As soon as anyone snags it, I'll post the links here.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
It would appear Android 4.2.2 is rolling out. If anyone gets the link, please provide it here so I can update the first post and mirror it on randomphantasmagoria.com. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts