Low voice guidance on navigation with music???

Search This thread

alpinesun

Mar 20, 2013
Hey everyone, I've been trying to figure out why sometimes the voice guidance from navigation (both Waze and G-Maps) over bluetooth kicks in extremely low while other times it doesn't. I've checked volume settings in the phone and the app itself, but no dice. I've been experiencing this since I was using my Note 3 some months ago, but it's gotten more annoying as of late since I've been riding my motorcycle more often. Without having the bluetooth audio kicking in strong enough to my helmet, it's impossible to navigate. Again, sometimes it is fine and other times it isn't. I don't know what sequence of events takes place for the volume in navigation to fade. This also happens with all the music/audio apps I use (Google Play, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Audible, and Songza). Has anyone else been experiencing this? And if so, have you been able to resolve it or at least know what actions cause it? If I can at least prevent it from happening, that's just as good to me as fixing it. Thanks in advance!

In addition, it isn't dependent on device being streamed to. It happens with my helmet, car, BT headphones, and even soundlink. You may be wondering why I was driving connected to a Bose Soundlink; merely for testing purposes. I wanted to create all the possible scenarios for this. I never bothered to try it using wired headsets because wired isn't an option for while on the motorcycle. It wouldn't be so bad if I could see the screen while riding when the volume goes low on me, indicating directions are being announced, but that's only possible at night; not during a bright and sunny commute. Thanks again!

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Hey everyone, I've been trying to figure out why sometimes the voice guidance from navigation (both Waze and G-Maps) over bluetooth kicks in extremely low while other times it doesn't. I've checked volume settings in the phone and the app itself, but no dice. I've been experiencing this since I was using my Note 3 some months ago, but it's gotten more annoying as of late since I've been riding my motorcycle more often. Without having the bluetooth audio kicking in strong enough to my helmet, it's impossible to navigate. Again, sometimes it is fine and other times it isn't. I don't know what sequence of events takes place for the volume in navigation to fade. This also happens with all the music/audio apps I use (Google Play, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Audible, and Songza). Has anyone else been experiencing this? And if so, have you been able to resolve it or at least know what actions cause it? If I can at least prevent it from happening, that's just as good to me as fixing it. Thanks in advance!

In addition, it isn't dependent on device being streamed to. It happens with my helmet, car, BT headphones, and even soundlink. You may be wondering why I was driving connected to a Bose Soundlink; merely for testing purposes. I wanted to create all the possible scenarios for this. I never bothered to try it using wired headsets because wired isn't an option for while on the motorcycle. It wouldn't be so bad if I could see the screen while riding when the volume goes low on me, indicating directions are being announced, but that's only possible at night; not during a bright and sunny commute. Thanks again!

I'm having the complete opposite problem..I need to find a way to turn navigation volume down while listening to music or listening to Audio books..Navigation comes in very loud in my F150 over bluetooth..I do notice when i'm not listening to any other audio and navigation kicks in it kind of fades in.