ROM/Firmware for SGS3 on Virgin (UK)

Search This thread

fullingdale

Jun 24, 2013
Could someone direct me to the firmware and ROM for my Galaxy S3 LTE, that would run with a Virgin Mobile 4G SIM. I did have Clockwork and Cyanogen installed, but (from what I read) the baseband was incorrect as wouldn't let me use the VM SIM at all.

I upgraded the firmware (apologies, can't remember which I used) which did allow me to use the SIM, but only connecting as 3G

I have just pulled down I9305XXUEML5_I9305EVRGML3_EVR and tried installing that with Odin ... despite claiming a success, it gets stuck on the "SAMSUNG" logo; following the guide which suggested making a second attempt to install this, it's made no difference and is stuck again.

Any help getting this up and running (even if it's just the Samsung stock version) would be greatly appreciated.

jamieridler

Jan 11, 2011
Northampton
Firstly, as far as I can tell, Virgin Mobile UK use stock UK BTU firmware. They don't have their own network branded firmware. Secondly, Virgin Mobile UK does not offer 4g, nor do they even have any plans to offer 4g at this moment in time. That's why you are only connecting at 3g.

Virgin Media might well use the EE network, who have 4g available, but Virgin Media don't offer access to that and your stuck with 3g connections.

danhatcher

Oct 31, 2013
Brighton, UK
Just double check on the site you DLed from that you haven't DLed a ROM for GT-I9300, despite having 'I9305' in the name.
I guess if you're having SIM problems with GT-I9305 then give a GT-I9300 ROM a try. It'll probably start another bootloop scenario but it miiiiiight help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Also, try doing clean installs from CWMR instead of Odin. Do some clean flashes. Wipe dem caches!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app