[MOD][TMOUS]Wi-Fi Calling Patch - Rip from Official TMO ICS 05.15.12[SENSE][AOSP/CM9]

Search This thread

dajogejr

Apr 20, 2011
You probably did what I did. The wifi calling app needs to be deleted before you can successfully install this updated zip, I used titanium backup to do it.

Exactly...
I used MyBackupPro, deleted the Wireless Calling apk, restarted in recovery and flashed the zip.

I'm on ARHD 6.4.4 and a US TMobile customer.
I made a 7.5 minute phone call over WiFi without issue, crystal clear...and better than when I had GB and used WiFI calling.

Prior to the patch, I'd get cut off after a minute or so...if it would even turn on at all.

Works good for me!!

Reactions: sigeltek

zero324

Jul 19, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I can confirm that this works with the Virtuous Inquisition rom but you have to uninstall WiFi Calling first via Titanium Backup and then flash it and all is good. I've made and received quite a few calls with no issues with some calls lasting 10-15 min

MESALLEM

Sep 29, 2007
I'm getting a force close on virtuous inquisition, I used titanium backup to remove the previous version of wifi calling. Did I do something wrong?

firstflyer

Jun 3, 2007
Texas, San Antonio
For those who want to know, I tried this on InsertCoin 5.5.0 by removing wifi calling with TB and then installing. It is working great so far!
Thanks for the effort --

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

nccruz

Feb 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Exactly...
I used MyBackupPro, deleted the Wireless Calling apk, restarted in recovery and flashed the zip.

I'm on ARHD 6.4.4 and a US TMobile customer.
I made a 7.5 minute phone call over WiFi without issue, crystal clear...and better than when I had GB and used WiFI calling.

Prior to the patch, I'd get cut off after a minute or so...if it would even turn on at all.

Works good for me!!
It now works for me after I uninstalled wi-fi calling app from system with Titanium pro... could not remove with my Backup Pro.....
but is works and made several calls.... Calls were so clean sounding.
Thanks...

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Was hoping this version would have ICS style notification icons. Oh well. At least it works now!

dajogejr

Apr 20, 2011
It now works for me after I uninstalled wi-fi calling app from system with Titanium pro... could not remove with my Backup Pro.....
but is works and made several calls.... Calls were so clean sounding.
Thanks...

I apologize...sorry, long morning.
I used Root Explorer...and deleted both APKs.

My bad...sorry..:)

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
EDIT: IGNORE!! COMPLETELY UNRELATED PROBLEM. MY APOLOGIES.
---------------------

Here's my setup. GV is set to prompt for every call. Internet calling is set to always when available. This way, I get one prompt whether to use GV or not (GV = cell call with my GV number, no GV = sip call with my GV number using native sip client aka internet calling).

After uninstalling wifi calling and upgrading to this version, I was able to make a 611 call. It didn't give me the GV prompt, dialing straight out (smart on GV app). Unfortunately, this defaults to internet calling, so the call obviously fails. I temporarily disable internet calling, and it uses wifi calling and works just fine. Good! Wifi calling works!

BUT I can no longer dial any normal numbers!! It gets stuck in a loop. I get the GV prompt (good). Regardless of what I choose, it flashes the ICS style "use mobile" dialog, and then goes back to the GV prompt. I CAN'T make outgoing calls anymore!!!

The wifi calling zip automatically cleared dalvik cache from what I could tell, but I cleared dalvik cache and cache again just to be sure. Same results.

I'm guessing no one else uses internet calling?

So now, if I disable the GV option, and either choose always GV or never GV, it works fine. I can enable the cell/internet dialog and it works fine. The problem is cell calls will show my TMO number obviously.

What is going on??? Seems unrelated to wifi calling, but it started right after I flashed the zip. Problem occurs regardless of whether I have wifi calling enabled or not.

Last edited:

quickwalrus

Dec 28, 2009
Thank you so much for this... As a T-Mobile Customer, I, as well as others have been waiting for this for a while. Good work!

nccruz

Feb 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Here's my setup. GV is set to prompt for every call. Internet calling is set to always when available. This way, I get one prompt whether to use GV or not (GV = cell call with my GV number, no GV = sip call with my GV number using native sip client aka internet calling).

After uninstalling wifi calling and upgrading to this version, I was able to make a 611 call. It didn't give me the GV prompt, dialing straight out (smart on GV app). Unfortunately, this defaults to internet calling, so the call obviously fails. I temporarily disable internet calling, and it uses wifi calling and works just fine. Good! Wifi calling works!

BUT I can no longer dial any normal numbers!! It gets stuck in a loop. I get the GV prompt (good). Regardless of what I choose, it flashes the ICS style "use mobile" dialog, and then immediately goes back to the GV prompt. I CAN'T make outgoing calls anymore!!!

The wifi calling zip automatically cleared dalvik cache from what I could tell, but I cleared dalvik cache and cache again just to be sure. Same results.

I'm guessing no one else uses internet calling?

So now, if I disable the GV option, and either choose always GV or never GV, it works fine. I can enable the cell/internet dialog and it works fine. The problem is cell calls will show my TMO number obviously.

What is going on??? Seems unrelated to wifi calling, but it started right after I flashed the zip. Problem occurs regardless of whether I have wifi calling enabled or not.
Why use GV??? With this you just do internet calling with wi-fi calling app..... no problem at all.......

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Why use GV??? With this you just do internet calling with wi-fi calling app..... no problem at all.......

I don't want people to see my TMO number. My number that everyone knows is with GV now.

So if I were to use cell dialing, I'd want to use GV so that my GV number shows in the outbound caller id.

If I want to use sip dialing (I only have 100 minutes cell airtime, but unlimited sip), it trunks with GV so that again, my GV number is shown to the receiver.

So I use the GV prompt to determine whether to place the outgoing call through cell or sip. The problem now is the GV dialog just loops and I'm never able to make an outgoing call.

Edit: Updated with video. It ends before it goes back to the GV prompt, but it just keeps looping!!

Last edited:

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA
1000% percent working on Elegancia sense 3.6 and sense 4.0!

Thanks to:

Steve0007 for the first official ICS release!
Casper200519 fo rall the time spent when ICS first came out (you helped me to get it working good for Elegancia)
And of course to the OP (bigmoew) for putting it all together! And a few others along the way!

Last edited:

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
Just got off the phone with my wife, talked for ten minutes and it was the first time since I switched to ICS that wifi calling didn't hang up on me after a minute or two. Also, it has a much clearer, cleaner sound now for me. I get one or two bars of service in my home and voice calls usually sound a bit messy, but tonight it was crystal clear on both ends. Thank you all who helped get this setup and posted!:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the long-awaited Wifi-Calling app for Tmobile native for Ice Cream Sandwich

TO BE CLEAR: This is only for HTC SENSATION, not Vibrant, other Tmous android phones, etc.

Tested on Ordroid 5.0.0 - Calling works, volume works, texts/mms works, everything works!

You may need to delete Tmo Wifi Calling if you already have it installed.

DIRECTIONS:
    Remove any instances of WiFi calling in System/Apps.
    Reboot to Recovery
    Clear cache/dalvik
    Install the zip via recovery (CRM or 4ext)

Update: Added AOSP version

Credits:
    casper200519 - basically replaced the files within his zip
    Aright,

After I tested - I found that maybe it worked for you, but it didnt for me. So I made it :D

1st NOTE - Please make a Nandroid backup instead something happens to your ROM.
    2nd NOTE - I am not responsible if your phone gets the clap. Sorry :/
    3rd NOTE - As of right now - MMS does NOT work.​

Now, here are the two ways to install:

1st way​
    Boot into recovery and flash the VisionWifiCallingv1.2_Android4.x.x.zip in recovery and reboot.
    If you are stuck in "reading SIM" or "enabling" and not getting anywhere for over a minute - its time to try the second way.

2nd way​
    Boot to recovery and flash WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip . After its done - flash VisionWifiCallingv1.2_Android4.x.x.zip. After its done - reboot and voila - you have a fully working wifi calling (no MMS for now... sorry)

All credit goes to: bigmoew, EdKeys and everyone else involved.
    I have a thread started in the HTC ONE X section. Any chance I can get some of your help on it there? I feel a port from the HTC ONE S TMOBILE should work but I don't know whats involved.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1694428

please?

I own a Sensation and ONE X & S
    I'm using AOKP M6 ROM and then I've flashed the WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip and then the VisionWifiCalling zip that was referenced for AOKP. I read that this was necessary to make it work. Actually, its just the GANOptimizer APK from the vision file thats required, but that's what I flashed. What did you use on your AOKP install?

I'm also using AOKP M6 based rom and I use my different wifi_calling and everything works like it should. I don't use the one from tonyo as it installs lots of unnecessary lib files that was for vision but it should still work. If you want to try mine you can, the link is below. If you still have problem then it might be something else wrong somewhere. You can try fresh install the rom and then the wifi_calling from the link below. Hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vd7icw712twt2cd

\Regards,
    Guys, I switched to a nonsense sense based rom, just so I can use wifi calling and I can not go back to CM9, because am expecting an important call.

Can someone, who is running CM9/AOKP test the zip that I have attached to this post? For some reason I am thinking that it might be working just fine...

Also, please do not forget to do a nandroid backup!!!! Cause if it messes your rom - you can simply restore back and not hate me :D

Thanks for your help! I took it from here. If it works - all props go to EdKeys for making it :D