Help with rooting

Search This thread

moises319

Jun 11, 2009
Hey guys, so I'm trying to root my phone but I can't vet it going. I was able to unlock my boot loader using flashtool, so I know my computer has the proper drivers and what not.

The issue happens when I try to flash the kernel and recovery. I plug my phone, start the fastboot flash boot boot.img but then it gets stuck on "waiting for device."

Does any one have any tips or maybe has an idea on how to get this **** to work? THANKS!!

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
Are you actually booting your phone in fastboot mode? Do you have the fastboot drivers installed?

Open flashtool and then connect your phone in fastboot mode. Post screenshot here.

moises319

Jun 11, 2009
Are you actually booting your phone in fastboot mode? Do you have the fastboot drivers installed?

Open flashtool and then connect your phone in fastboot mode. Post screenshot here.

Thanks for your reply dude. I have attached a screenshot of what shows. Its being detected correctly, but for some reason its not responding. Im assuming i have the fastboot drivers installed because i installed the drivers from the android sdk and i was about to unlock the bootloader using flashtool. thanks again for the help!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 69

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
Thanks for your reply dude. I have attached a screenshot of what shows. Its being detected correctly, but for some reason its not responding. Im assuming i have the fastboot drivers installed because i installed the drivers from the android sdk and i was about to unlock the bootloader using flashtool. thanks again for the help!

Did u put boot.img file in the same directory from where u launch faatboot command?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)