how to turn off screen when playing music

Search This thread

mayart

Nov 2, 2008
How can I turn off the screen while playing music in the background to save on battery. When I hit the side button to turn off the screen, it goes off momentarily and then comes back on again. Can anyone help.

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
mine stays off too.
Question, How do you get music widget onto one of the home screens? I dont see it in the Samsung or Android widgets. I also remember seeing a screen where discs rotated to choose the next song, i can't find that. Someone please shed some light.

srqt

Jul 20, 2010
Providence RI
mine stays off too.
Question, How do you get music widget onto one of the home screens? I dont see it in the Samsung or Android widgets. I also remember seeing a screen where discs rotated to choose the next song, i can't find that. Someone please shed some light.

There is no music widget that comes with the vibrant, you will have to get one from the market if you want it. There is a widget automatically built in to your lockscreen however so if you are playing music and have your screen locked you will be able to access it as soon as you power your screen up (in my opinion that is way better than the home screen widget as you have all teh same control without taking up the space)

For the screen with the discs just open up your music player and then hold teh phone horizontally. That will switch to the "cover flow" style view you are talking about.