Want to speed up your Sensation? (Look here)

Search This thread

iGoOsE76

Nov 20, 2009
Manassas Park, Va.
www.facebook.com
been using it with it off all day and battery drain is much slower.. I have had my phone on and been on it all day and I haven't had to charge it since I've turn it off. and my phone is a lot more responsive then before

Xx12thANG3LxX

Dec 1, 2009
THE WINDY CITY
This acually works well. Much smoother. Thank you for noticing this!!!!! Smoke some more crack and notice some more cool important **** would ya:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

The Radius Kid

Jul 3, 2011
Stoney Creek
But then how will we tell HTC about our problems!?

Turn it back on if you see something wrong or the phone starts acting up.
The problem I see with this little app' is maybe it's causing problems by virtue of what it does.
I look at it kind of like trying to walk with bags of groceries in your arms,all the while trying to avoid tripping over the kid's toys.
Tough to do.
If you take a proper runnning PC and turn off the antivirus [while you're offline],the computer runs faster.
It's the extra programming that's running that loads down the proc' and slows things down.

I wouldn't because this is one of the key ways HTC knows all the issues we're having without emailing them every time to tell them. Leaving this on helps them give us an update that fixes the issues that it reports.

If we all turn it off then then HTC will think all is fine and dandy in the Sensation world. Get what I mean?

we in the minority bro. Most consumers don't tweak there phones like us. they'll never even dig in the settings that far

Pitchb3nd

Jul 17, 2008
Nancy Boy

I did it and unfortunately I haven't noticed anything...
My Sensation is still sluggish and it uses the same amount of memory.
I really think this is just some tiny service that kicks in when an error occurs but the rest of the time sits there taking almost 0 resources. My vote goes for the placebo effect as some mentioned earlier...

cjm1979

Apr 9, 2009
Batley
I did it and unfortunately I haven't noticed anything...
My Sensation is still sluggish and it uses the same amount of memory.
I really think this is just some tiny service that kicks in when an error occurs but the rest of the time sits there taking almost 0 resources. My vote goes for the placebo effect as some mentioned earlier...

Ive found the same, makes no difference.

lucier

Nov 16, 2009
Paris
i did it ... and i haven't noticed anything.
it could be just a small service because i don't see a change about free memory. anyway, i prefer to send problem by myself than HTC try to connect on my phone.

first at all, they have to unlock the bootloader and we will see after but this is an other topic ;)

see ya

cstennett

Jul 23, 2009
Works!!!

Can't believe something so simple makes such an improvement...minor lagging on scrolling and swiping is gone after turning off the Tell HTC feature. Browsing is faster too. Its like having another new phone in the space of a month! Cheers for the tip...

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
"In one common placebo procedure, however, a patient is given an inert pill, told that it may improve his/her condition, but not told that it is in fact inert. Such an intervention may cause the patient to believe the treatment will change his/her condition; and this belief may produce a subjective perception of a therapeutic effect, causing the patient to feel their condition has improved. This phenomenon is known as the placebo effect."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

You were told it would improve speed and so you make yourself believe it did...very common. Placebo is very powerful :)

idavid_

Nov 19, 2010
Didn't improve anything on mine but I don't believe it's just placebo. Look how many people reported everything is better. I doubt everyone got fooled by this effect.

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
"In one common placebo procedure, however, a patient is given an inert pill, told that it may improve his/her condition, but not told that it is in fact inert. Such an intervention may cause the patient to believe the treatment will change his/her condition; and this belief may produce a subjective perception of a therapeutic effect, causing the patient to feel their condition has improved. This phenomenon is known as the placebo effect."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

You were told it would improve speed and so you make yourself believe it did...very common. Placebo is very powerful :)

Whatever man. I told you once and ill tell you again. Up until I did this, my keyboard would require double taps here and there. My display was not being responsive some of the time. As soon as I did this, my keyboard became responsive as ****. I haven't had to double tap a key yet. How do you explain this because quite frankly, single tapping verse double tapping is not placebo. While your at it, go ahead and explain this one too. I picked mg wife's Sensation up and switched it off for her. I didn't tell her what I was doing since she doesn't really know anything about phones. After she used her phone for a while, she told me, whatever I did, made her phone feel faster and she can type better. Lastly, I play HomeRun Battle 3D and since day one it would do a laggy jerk every once in a while. Usually it would happen every couple of minutes. Since turning this service off, the game hasn't done the laggy jerk at all.

Stop trying to act like you know more than anyone else here who is saying it improved there devices. It worked for me and that's all you need to know.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Those with touch screen responsiveness issues and lag problems should try this. In fact, everyone should. It sped up my and my wife's device about 25% and cured her touch screen issues.

Setting>About Phone>Tell HTC..........And turn that stupid **** off.

Damn, you are a genius. Turned it off and my lockscreen lagness is gone! You just saved my life.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App
    Just tried it and I must say it seems as if everything is much quicker and smoother and the lock screen seems much more consistent and easier to activate. thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
    OK guys.. this isn't anything special.. I've done this since day 1, I still get lockscreen issues. Not a new "discovery" of any sort.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

No **** its nothing special. I'm sure plenty of people have done it since day one. Im just sharing my experience by making a thread. If it helped me, I'm sure it will help others. It obviously wont help everyone since there is probably different causes for the screen lag.

Speaking of keybaords, I decided to try the gingerbread keyboard and man WHAT a huge improvement. Accuracy, layout, and the fact it has cursor arrows hidden under the space bar make this, IMO, handsdown a winner over the OEM HTC sensation keyboard.

OK, sorry for the hijack...

Speaking of keyboards. Ill tell you what the best keyboard on Android is. Its called Smart Keyboard. Its so damn fast, has a lot of skins and great auto correction. I think it has a free trial too. I've tried all the keyboards for Android and when I'm not Swyping I'm using Smart Keyboard.