[ROM][JB4.2] Ganbarou GT-P7500/01/10/11 Android 4.2 experimental based on CM10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Development for this ROM has stopped.
Thread is therefor closed.
New thread with Android 4.3 ROM will come soon.

This ROM is my first trial to build a Android 4.2.1 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
It is based on CyanogenMod 10.1 but flavored with my small own changes as usual.
GApps for JB 4.2 is included in the ROM.
FLASH THIS ROM ON YOUR OWN RISK! YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE GONE AFTER YOU FLASHED THIS ROM.
ONLY THE ROM FOR THE GALAXY TAB 10.1 3G (GT-P7500) IS TESTED BY ME. THE OTHER ROM VERSIONS ARE NOT TESTED.

Please check the XDA discussion thread for CM10.1 for additional requirements to use this ROM. Check there if you come from a ICS ROM, as you will need a new bootloader.

IMPORTANT:
IF YOU ARE NOT COMING FROM CM10.1 OR A GANBAROU 3.x ROM YOU NEED A FULL WIPE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM!
BACKUP YOUR SD-CARD! THE WAY THE SD-CARD IS MOUNTED HAS CHANGED!

Reported bugs:
Gmail crash after flashing the ROM:
Update of Gmail from Google market should fix the problem.
Powerwidget in notification screen is not changeable.

Tips:
After flashing the tablet seems not to boot:
Give it time. I mean a long time!!! It will boot. First time I flashed this ROM I thought it would not work, but it just takes a long time to boot. The bootanimation will be seen only short time, then the screen turns black. Just wait until the setup screen pops up. But it should take longer than 5 minutes. If the bootanimation is shown for a long time and the tablet does not boot, try
1) reflash the ROM
2) check that the zip file was not damaged during download (you can find the md5 checksums for all ROMs on my homepage)

How to get Developer options in Settings:
Click on Build number several times until it says that you are a developer

How to enable MTP:
Settings->Storage->Menu (3 dots top right)->USB computer connection->Tick Media device (MTP)

Organisation SD-card:
The original content of your SD-card is now in sdcard0/0
This is related to users management and I cannot change it.

LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature):
Access QuickLaunch when the navigation bar is not centered:
First train your thumb to access the QuickLaunch panel with the navigation bar centered. Press the home button, then move your thumb up and the Quick Launch will appear. After you got used to it move your Navigation Bar to the left or right (whatever you prefer). Press the home button and move your finger up. Then press again just above the Samsung logo in the middle and the Quick Launch will appear. Still working on a better solution.

Show Pie-chart control when in expanded desktop mode:
First you have to setup the position of the pie-chart navigation in settings and activated the expanded desktop. After activating you move your finger slowly from the outside of the screen into the screen to activate the pie chart (works on all 4 sides). Just try it and be patient to get used to it!

Changelog
Changelog V3.12 2013-06-11:
Update: Latest CM10.1 sources.
Bugfix: Settting for tablet_ui are back
Bugfix: GPS is working again

Changelog V3.11 2013-06-01:
Kernel: Switch back to Infamous Kernel
Feature: Profiles are available again

Changelog V3.10 2013-05-09:
BugFix: Settings->System on Galaxy Note (N7000)
BugFix: Battery drain problem. All credits go to grzwolf from Android-Hilfe.de. Check thread http://www.android-hilfe.de/5550736-post684.html
New: Bootanimation

Changelog V3.09 2013-04-27:
Feature: Added TV like screen-off animation.
Feature: Added Ganbarou changelog in Settings->About tablet.

Changelog V3.08 2013-04-17:
BugFix: Fixed bug in System Settings.
Kernel: Switched to INFAMOUSAOKP kernel.

Changelog V3.07 2013-04-07:
New Feature from CM: Expanded desktop. Hides both navigation bar and status bar to give more space to the application. Enable and setup in Settings->System. Activate in power menu. Check screenshots below.

Changelog V3.06 2013-03-24:
Bugfix: Switch from TabletUI to PhoneUI is available again.
New feature: LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature) Difficult to do when Navbar is left or right and not centered, but possible. See screenshots below and read tip above.

Changelog V3.05 2013-03-17
Update: Latest CM10.1 sources (Android 4.2.2 R1).
Update: Small cosmetic change in Settings->System.

Changelog V3.04 2013-03-10
Update: Latest pershot kernel..
New feature: Added option to select position of Navigation bar (left, center, right) in the “standard” Phablet UI.
Bugfix: Corrected problem with TabletUI not working.
Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send current country, even if it is a WiFi tablet.
Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send WiFi if it is a WiFi tablet instead of unknown provider
Cleanup: Updated ads-free hosts file (credits to BSDgeek_Jake)

Changelog V3.03 2013-02-24:
Update: Latest CM10.1 sources (Android 4.2.2 now!)..
New feature: Added ROMstats to get some feedback how often my ROM is used. (Check here for more details)
Bugfix: MTP should now automatically be on after flashing.
Cleanup: Developer options and Performance tabs in Settings are now visible by default
Cleanup: Removed many developer options that are not important for most users

Changelog V3.02 2013-02-10:
Feature: Added default boot into Tablet UI or Phone UI depending on build.prop entry tablet.mode.
Bugfix: Fixed missing battery percentage.
Bugfix: Fixed wallpaper selection for lockscreen

Changelog V3.01 2013-02-02:
SystemUI: Added possibility to switch between tablet style and phone style.
Bugfix: Reboot from power menu is working now.
Updated to latest CM10.1 source.

Changelog V3.00 2013-01-20:
Ganbarou changes in Settings: Removed profiles, updates, statistics, changelog. Enabled screen on while charging even if a max time to lock is defined.
Ganbarou changes in Framework: Changed default wallpapers and power menu. Reboot & Reboot into Recovery direct accessible from power menu.
Ganbarou has GApps included!

Downloads:

Source:
All available on Github. Make sure you checkout my read-me files which describes how to make the ROM and explains the tools I use.

Repository - make sure you checkout branch jb-4.2
Tools - will be checked out with the repository, but please check the read-me file for additional information

Credits:
pershoot for his hard work
Cyanogen for his amazing ROM
CyanogenMOD Team for their awesome work
SGT7 for the code to switch between TabletUI and PhoneUI
mcbyte_it for the ROM statistics application
grzwolf for the bugfix in the kernel.
Infamous team for their Infamous Kernel!

Attachments

• sanim.gif
    sanim.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 4,028
Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Where are Developer Options in Settings!? Couldn`t find points for e:confused:xample: USB-Debugging, etc...

EDIT: ahhhhh, sorry i forget the Trick on JB 4.2!
OK for everyone who wants to activate Developer Options:

Go to Settings-About Phone and tip 7times on Build Number, this activates it! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: raymond513

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Where are Developer Options in Settings!? Couldn`t find points for e:confused:xample: USB-Debugging, etc...

EDIT: ahhhhh, sorry i forget the Trick on JB 4.2!
OK for everyone who wants to activate Developer Options:

Go to Settings-About Phone and tip 7times on Build Number, this activates it! :)

That's under "Tricks" in post #1

Modem is full functional, call and receiving calls? Thanx ;)

Sorry, I have a data-only SIM card and a phone. I am not testing phone functions on the tablet.

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
Hi BeeGee, I enjoyed your previous works. I dare to ask a favour...
I wonder if you can investigate the well-known Veetle HD video problem of CM10/10.1 based roms. Maybe you'll find a way to solve this strange thing: why videos in HD mode start for a second and then suddenly stop.
Thanks and excuse me if my question is of minor importance, but that app is very important to me.
Respect and keep up the good work! :good:

Pep71

Jun 8, 2011
Brisbane
Hi BeeGee just wondering when you say "CyanogenMod 10.1 but flavored with my small own changes as usual".
What are the advantages with your Flavors over CyanogenMod 10.1.

Pep

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Hi BeeGee, I enjoyed your previous works. I dare to ask a favour...
I wonder if you can investigate the well-known Veetle HD video problem of CM10/10.1 based roms. Maybe you'll find a way to solve this strange thing: why videos in HD mode start for a second and then suddenly stop.
Thanks and excuse me if my question is of minor importance, but that app is very important to me.
Respect and keep up the good work! :good:

Sorry, I do not know the Veetle HD problem. Is Veetle a specific video player for Android? Id can't find it in the market. Please give me some more details.

Hi BeeGee just wondering when you say "CyanogenMod 10.1 but flavored with my small own changes as usual".
What are the advantages with your Flavors over CyanogenMod 10.1.

Pep

Mainly written in the Changelog of post #1:

Removed some stuff (like report to CM, profiles, changelog, wallpapers)
Changed power-off menu so that reboot and recovery are direct accessible
Added my own wallpaper selection
Added Gapps into the ROM

Reactions: Pep71

Pep71

Jun 8, 2011
Brisbane
Sorry, I do not know the Veetle HD problem. Is Veetle a specific video player for Android? Id can't find it in the market. Please give me some more details.

Mainly written in the Changelog of post #1:

Removed some stuff (like report to CM, profiles, changelog, wallpapers)
Changed power-off menu so that reboot and recovery are direct accessible
Added my own wallpaper selection
Added Gapps into the ROM

Thank you....... Sorry I missed that :eek:

Installing as I type.

Pep

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Hi BeeGee, Veetle is a video streaming app, similar to Netflix, to watch videos broadcasted by users.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.veetle.android.lite
Maybe is unavailable in your area? Check also veetle.com.
Thanks! :)

I finally found it and had a quick check on it. The logcat shows that veetle is waiting for some response which seems not to come and then it ends the play. A report is send in the background to veetle.com. So I guess that they are aware of the problem. Not sure if I can do anything in the ROM to solve the problem. Veetle might have a problem with Android 4.2. I saw on the Google market that a lot of users are complaining about problems.

Sorry, I don't think I can help here.

PS:
I tried it on my Galaxy Note which is running Android 4.1 (CM10 based) and Veetle works there without problems.
Unfortunately I do not have a Android 4.2 ROM for my Note yet.
Maybe the problem is a combination of Android 4.x and tablet? Or a problem of the proprietary camera drivers coming from older Android version?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This ROM is my first trial to build a Android 4.2.1 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    It is based on CyanogenMod 10.1 but flavored with my small own changes as usual.
    GApps for JB 4.2 is included in the ROM.
    FLASH THIS ROM ON YOUR OWN RISK! YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE GONE AFTER YOU FLASHED THIS ROM.
    ONLY THE ROM FOR THE GALAXY TAB 10.1 3G (GT-P7500) IS TESTED BY ME. THE OTHER ROM VERSIONS ARE NOT TESTED.

Please check the XDA discussion thread for CM10.1 for additional requirements to use this ROM. Check there if you come from a ICS ROM, as you will need a new bootloader.

IMPORTANT:
    IF YOU ARE NOT COMING FROM CM10.1 OR A GANBAROU 3.x ROM YOU NEED A FULL WIPE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM!
    BACKUP YOUR SD-CARD! THE WAY THE SD-CARD IS MOUNTED HAS CHANGED!

Reported bugs:
    Gmail crash after flashing the ROM:
    Update of Gmail from Google market should fix the problem.
    Powerwidget in notification screen is not changeable.

Tips:
    After flashing the tablet seems not to boot:
    Give it time. I mean a long time!!! It will boot. First time I flashed this ROM I thought it would not work, but it just takes a long time to boot. The bootanimation will be seen only short time, then the screen turns black. Just wait until the setup screen pops up. But it should take longer than 5 minutes. If the bootanimation is shown for a long time and the tablet does not boot, try
    1) reflash the ROM
    2) check that the zip file was not damaged during download (you can find the md5 checksums for all ROMs on my homepage)

How to get Developer options in Settings:
    Click on Build number several times until it says that you are a developer

How to enable MTP:
    Settings->Storage->Menu (3 dots top right)->USB computer connection->Tick Media device (MTP)

Organisation SD-card:
    The original content of your SD-card is now in sdcard0/0
    This is related to users management and I cannot change it.

LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature):
    Access QuickLaunch when the navigation bar is not centered:
    First train your thumb to access the QuickLaunch panel with the navigation bar centered. Press the home button, then move your thumb up and the Quick Launch will appear. After you got used to it move your Navigation Bar to the left or right (whatever you prefer). Press the home button and move your finger up. Then press again just above the Samsung logo in the middle and the Quick Launch will appear. Still working on a better solution.

Show Pie-chart control when in expanded desktop mode:
    First you have to setup the position of the pie-chart navigation in settings and activated the expanded desktop. After activating you move your finger slowly from the outside of the screen into the screen to activate the pie chart (works on all 4 sides). Just try it and be patient to get used to it!

Changelog
    Changelog V3.12 2013-06-11:
    Bugfix: Settting for tablet_ui are back
    Bugfix: GPS is working again

Changelog V3.11 2013-06-01:
    Kernel: Switch back to Infamous Kernel
    Feature: Profiles are available again

Changelog V3.10 2013-05-09:
    BugFix: Settings->System on Galaxy Note (N7000)
    BugFix: Battery drain problem. All credits go to grzwolf from Android-Hilfe.de. Check thread http://www.android-hilfe.de/5550736-post684.html
    New: Bootanimation

Changelog V3.09 2013-04-27:
    Feature: Added TV like screen-off animation.
    Feature: Added Ganbarou changelog in Settings->About tablet.

Changelog V3.08 2013-04-17:
    BugFix: Fixed bug in System Settings.
    Kernel: Switched to INFAMOUSAOKP kernel.

Changelog V3.07 2013-04-07:
    New Feature from CM: Expanded desktop. Hides both navigation bar and status bar to give more space to the application. Enable and setup in Settings->System. Activate in power menu. Check screenshots below.

Changelog V3.06 2013-03-24:
    Bugfix: Switch from TabletUI to PhoneUI is available again.
    New feature: LongPress on home button, then move finger up opens Quick Launch (CM10.1 feature) Difficult to do when Navbar is left or right and not centered, but possible. See screenshots below and read tip above.

Changelog V3.05 2013-03-17
    Update: Small cosmetic change in Settings->System.

Changelog V3.04 2013-03-10
    Update: Latest pershot kernel..
    New feature: Added option to select position of Navigation bar (left, center, right) in the “standard” Phablet UI.
    Bugfix: Corrected problem with TabletUI not working.
    Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send current country, even if it is a WiFi tablet.
    Cleanup: Updated rom_stats to send WiFi if it is a WiFi tablet instead of unknown provider
    Cleanup: Updated ads-free hosts file (credits to BSDgeek_Jake)

Changelog V3.03 2013-02-24:
    Update: Latest CM10.1 sources (Android 4.2.2 now!)..
    New feature: Added ROMstats to get some feedback how often my ROM is used. (Check here for more details)
    Bugfix: MTP should now automatically be on after flashing.
    Cleanup: Developer options and Performance tabs in Settings are now visible by default
    Cleanup: Removed many developer options that are not important for most users

Changelog V3.02 2013-02-10:
    Feature: Added default boot into Tablet UI or Phone UI depending on build.prop entry tablet.mode.
    Bugfix: Fixed missing battery percentage.
    Bugfix: Fixed wallpaper selection for lockscreen

Changelog V3.01 2013-02-02:
    SystemUI: Added possibility to switch between tablet style and phone style.
    Bugfix: Reboot from power menu is working now.
    Updated to latest CM10.1 source.

Changelog V3.00 2013-01-20:
    Ganbarou changes in Settings: Removed profiles, updates, statistics, changelog. Enabled screen on while charging even if a max time to lock is defined.
    Ganbarou changes in Framework: Changed default wallpapers and power menu. Reboot & Reboot into Recovery direct accessible from power menu.
    Ganbarou has GApps included!

Downloads:

Source:
    All available on Github. Make sure you checkout my read-me files which describes how to make the ROM and explains the tools I use.

Repository - make sure you checkout branch jb-4.2
    Tools - will be checked out with the repository, but please check the read-me file for additional information

Credits:
    pershoot for his hard work
    Cyanogen for his amazing ROM
    CyanogenMOD Team for their awesome work
    SGT7 for the code to switch between TabletUI and PhoneUI
    mcbyte_it for the ROM statistics application
    grzwolf for the bugfix in the kernel.
    Infamous team for their Infamous Kernel!
    Maybe a new ROM is coming up!

Building Android 4.3 ROMs for my Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Note (the first released one) and Galaxy S4 now. I am excited about the speed of the new Android on my devices, even on my old Galaxy Tab 10.1 the 4.3 version is running fast!
    For some of you are using a 7500 or 7501: use this mod to ban the battery drain: http://www.android-hilfe.de/5550736-post684.html (german androidboard, download the attachment, flash with CWM).
    I flashed this on my tab with Ganbarou v3.08 and the battery drain is blown with the wind :victory:

Got the source changes for the kernel. Hope I can include them into my ROM.
    V3.08 is ready to download and flash!

Changelog V3.08
    Update: latest CM10.1 sources.
    BugFix: Fixed bug in System Settings
    Kernel: Switched to INFAMOUSAOKP kernel (GT-P75xx only)