[Q] HTC One not detected by pc

Search This thread

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Hey guys for some reason all of a sudden my laptop or any other laptop doesn't seem to be able to detect my phone. When I plug it in the computer it doesn't make a sound but the led turns on to show its charging. I tried plugging it in another laptop and it says the device has malfunctioned and cant be installed. If i power the phone off and connect the cable and turn it back on i hear the sound and the warning comes up saying the device trying to connect has malfunctioned and it makes the disconnect noise. This is definitely not good because I download roms on my pc and transfer them to my phone using the MTP but now I dont even get a sound.

Last edited:

kibmikey1

Aug 26, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey guys for some reason all of a sudden my laptop or any other laptop doesn't seem to be able to detect my phone. When I plug it in the computer it doesn't make a sound but the led turns on to show its charging. I tried plugging it in another laptop and it says the device has malfunctioned and cant be installed. If i power the phone off and connect the cable and turn it back on i hear the sound and the warning comes up saying the device trying to connect has malfunctioned and it makes the disconnect noise. This is definitely not good because I download roms on my pc and transfer them to my phone using the MTP but now I dont evemost liken get a sound.

This happened to me recently. I will say it was due to me trying out different roms. It's most likely a driver issue. My first thought is to uninstall all HTC/Android drivers, and then connect the phone and have them re-install. If that doesn't do it, since you have the dev edition, just use the RUU, get it to stock, and the phone will re-install it's native drivers to the pc. It might seem extreme, but it cuts the bs and sloves the issue.

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
This happened to me recently. I will say it was due to me trying out different roms. It's most likely a driver issue. My first thought is to uninstall all HTC/Android drivers, and then connect the phone and have them re-install. If that doesn't do it, since you have the dev edition, just use the RUU, get it to stock, and the phone will re-install it's native drivers to the pc. It might seem extreme, but it cuts the bs and sloves the issue.

Wow I would have to flash the original ruu, can you please give me instructions on what procedures I need to follow in order to complete this task, if you can please.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

kibmikey1

Aug 26, 2010
Los Angeles
Wow I would have to flash the original ruu, can you please give me instructions on what procedures I need to follow in order to complete this task, if you can please.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Download the dev RUU from htcdev.com, it's an exe so you just have to run it and follow the instructions it gives. It will wipe your phone, but it will get it back to stock. After that, I would still recommend uninstalling any htc/android drivers, so that when you connect it to the pc it will re-install fresh. From there, mod as you like, but try to be careful not to delete any drivers. Also, if you removed htc sync manager either from your phone or your pc, that could effect it as well.