Sprint GS3 WS Rom..Kernel?

Search This thread

schlepprock

Jan 10, 2014
Archdale NC
Hi all, new to rooting. I rooted my Sprint GS3 running the Wicked Sensations Rom and love it so far,thanks to the team. However my battery life seems to have gone down hill big time. It was mentioned that maybe my kernel needed to be adjusted ( I have no clue when it comes to this, I'm still learning). My question is,how do I "adjust/tweak" my kernel,or is there a better one out there for me? Can someone please explain..Thanks..Phil

bigpappags3

May 19, 2013
Dalla/Ft.Worth
Hi all, new to rooting. I rooted my Sprint GS3 running the Wicked Sensations Rom and love it so far,thanks to the team. However my battery life seems to have gone down hill big time. It was mentioned that maybe my kernel needed to be adjusted ( I have no clue when it comes to this, I'm still learning). My question is,how do I "adjust/tweak" my kernel,or is there a better one out there for me? Can someone please explain..Thanks..Phil

Do you happen to know what kernel you are running? If not go to system settings/general/about device and take a screen shot and post. I personally don't mess with kernel settings but this will give someone better knowledge to help you. Also from my understanding the 4.3 update is a battery sucking monster even @dazednconfused bought an extended battery because of the battery drain.

http://i.imgur.com/qrByUGN.jpg

Reactions: schlepprock

schlepprock

Jan 10, 2014
Archdale NC
uploadfromtaptalk1391213612581.jpg
sent from my Wicked GS3

Reactions: bigpappags3

dazednconfused

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
Charleston, WV
twitter.com
If you haven't made a kernel change then your running dkp kernel. You would maybe ask for suggestions in my thread on best setup or visit decimalman thread in the original development thread to see what others are doing. You could also experiment with other kernels until you find the right setup for your phone. All phones play different with kernels in my opinion so you just need to play around until you are satisfied.

schlepprock

Jan 10, 2014
Archdale NC
Yeah its the dkp kernel. I've read a couple threads on kernels but none actually say they're great for..... ya know. I know nothing about kernels which is why I was hoping that one of you heavy hitters could say oh kernel??? Is perfect for this rom. Anyway..I'm gonna do a clean flash of WS Rom tomorrow (talked about in my other thread ) and maybe try a battery calibrator and see how it goes..but thanks to you guys..Phil

sent from my Wicked GS3

Reactions: bigpappags3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you haven't made a kernel change then your running dkp kernel. You would maybe ask for suggestions in my thread on best setup or visit decimalman thread in the original development thread to see what others are doing. You could also experiment with other kernels until you find the right setup for your phone. All phones play different with kernels in my opinion so you just need to play around until you are satisfied.
    I wish I could tell you more about setting one up, but I'm probably the worst to ask. I'm so busy playing around with updates and stuff I never even mess with trying to set up. Lots of good people in the wicked thread willing to give suggestions.

Do you happen to know what kernel you are running? If not go to system settings/general/about device and take a screen shot and post. I personally don't mess with kernel settings but this will give someone better knowledge to help you. Also from my understanding the 4.3 update is a battery sucking monster even @dazednconfused bought an extended battery because of the battery drain.

http://i.imgur.com/qrByUGN.jpg
    Lol.. i know it just didn't post that time..

sent from my Wicked GS3
    uploadfromtaptalk1391213612581.jpg
    sent from my Wicked GS3