Installing Kit Kat on a Nook HD

Search This thread

pezhore

Jun 18, 2009
Dec 3, 2013
How have you been liking Kit Kat on the Nook? I'm looking for something to replace my old HP Touchpad for kitchen duties. Is it snappy? Worth the upgrade?
It's perfectly responsive, bearing in mind that it's dual core, not quad core. Occasionally you run into a split second or so of lag when launching a program, but I've never noticed any input lag from moment to moment. (Unlike with my old Zeepad, where half the time it froze up when you were tapping on the keyboard.) As far as graphics intensive stuff goes, it streams media just fine and I'm able to run Plants vs. Zombies 2 on it pretty well. (At least, I was under Jelly Bean; haven't tried it since the Kit Kat upgrade.) I use this case with it.

If you can snag a Nook HD for cheap, by all means go for it. I'm not sure I'd pay the $129 for it new, especially if you're going to void the warranty by upgrading to Kit Kat anyway. But if you can find it under $100 on eBay or whatever, go for it. Great tablet for the money. Pretty sturdy, durable construction too.

Korgy

Mar 30, 2014
It really is one of the best deals out there. Even a certified pre-owned HD that costs around $90 comes with a one year warranty.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using Tapatalk

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Which doesn't help a lot if your Nook HD breaks in such a way that you can't restore the original ROM.

Mine fell down a flight of concrete and steel stairs no telling what was on it as it was beyond shattered and that was with a case and screen protector. No problems getting a new one with the extended warranty

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Free mobile app

Korgy

Mar 30, 2014
Of course, if you get one with a one-year warranty on it, you're effectively tossing that warranty out by putting Kit Kat on it. :)

Putting the original rom on it was simple. I had to do it when my battery was only lasting an hour or two. Took it to Barnes and Noble and it took less than 10 minutes and they gave me another one that is flawless.

Top Liked Posts