***Easiest Method for Keeping Root Thru the ZV8 Update***

Search This thread

yankneck696

Feb 11, 2012
Worked wonderfully !!! For anyone having a problem getting into CWM, re-run the .bat file & after, use option #2 Boot into Recovery... When I did that, all was fine... Thanks again, MT & the gang !!!!!!!

Ed

woodmaster

Jul 8, 2011
You sir, rock. My wife was a bit tired with the daily failed upd8 msg.

Every time someone asks this question, a box of kittens die. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search function, but in terminal type su, then allow SU, then type killall drmserver.

hoovnick

Mar 18, 2010
You sir, rock. My wife was a bit tired with the daily failed upd8 msg.

Every time someone asks this question, a box of kittens die. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search function, but in terminal type su, then allow SU, then type killall drmserver.

can't get the ota to show up, tried the killall drmserver, just says: no process killed

need to get the wife's phone up and running before she kills me lol

mursepaolo

Sep 25, 2009
California
Ok seems on stock zv8 I also can't hear the person nor can they hear me when I'm on the phone with them. This is a pretty big problem..

Edit: no sound from music either. Only sound that plays is the boot screen sound.

Sent from my LG Revolution using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mursepaolo

Sep 25, 2009
California
I'm going to need a different way of getting cwm into my phone. For some reason my usb connectivity won't stabilize long enough to run the bat file. It keeps going in and out repeatedly on both mass storage and Internet connection modes. Any ideas? I've tried on several pc. All the same.

Sent from my LG Revolution using Tapatalk 2

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
Try a different cable? Play with the plug to the phone to see if it gets better or worse with different orientations. Hope you get it.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

rocknrolla818

Jan 3, 2012
im trying to run the cwm bat file from my computer and i cant seem to get it to work im not sure why it says no path specified any help would be appreciated

mursepaolo

Sep 25, 2009
California
Try a different cable? Play with the plug to the phone to see if it gets better or worse with different orientations. Hope you get it.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm almost positive it's not the cable because charge isn't affected when plugged into the wall. I'll try though.

Sent from my LG Revolution using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please Read Full Post Before Posting Any Questions!!! If You Ask A Question That Is Answered In This Post, It Will Not Get Answered!!!

Alrighty Boys and Girls!!! I have tried to make this as easy as possible for what we have!!! First and foremost, this will NOT root if you are already on ZV8!!!

Prerequisites
    Pretty easy, you need ANY form of ZV7 (By any that includes stock, GingerVolt, Blitzkrieg, self modified, whatever) and CWM. Also, if you have frozen the software update app, make sure you unfreeze before anything!!!

1) Download this file: http://d-h.st/MeH
    2) Flash that file in cwm
    3) Reboot into the OS
    4) Update to ZV8

That is it!!! You are now rooted stock ZV8!!!!

After gaining root on ZV8 you can get CWM recovery by running this ZV8CWMRecovery.bat: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54501789/Revo/ZV8CWMRecovery.zip

There you have it!!! That was easy now wasn't it!
    Hello there.

Just checking in to let ya know that this thread is on the XDA Portal. Link:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/lg-revolution-owners-can-keep-root-through-latest-ota/

I hope you like the write up, it actually links to the last article I did for the LG Revolution. Keep up the great work!
    Dang that does sound easy, I guess that's what I get for being an early adopter.

Nothing to see here anymore!!!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
    I am currently on ZV8, rooted and am having trouble getting CWM. I am in USB debugging mode and internet connection and when I run the .bat file and choose option 1 (CWM Recovery for ZV8) I get * daemon not running. starting it now * * daemon started successfully * and then it does absolutely nothing. I've let it sit for a while and still see no response. Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: I had to install the TL Bootstrap on my computer and then I at least got a response after * daemon started successfully *. Except now it says the following message before restarting the phone without CWM installed.

Device found
    Mounting Device
    remount failed: Operation not permitted
    Pushing Recovery
    8757 KB/s (5345280 bytes in 0.596s)
    Installing CWM Recovery
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p14: cannot open for write: Permission denied
    Remove Trash
    rm failed for /system/etc/install-recovery.sh, Read-only file system
    rm failed for /system/recovery-from-boot.p, Read-only file system
    rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
    CWM Recovery!!!
    Press any key to continue . . .

Same issues I had. All the apps I use got SU permissions fine but nothing worked getting CWM on. The instruction in this thread worked perfectly:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594885
    Will the phone info still say v7 after this. I flashed, all went fine, rebooted, all still good. Checked root, got it, but then checked phone info and it still says v7. I don't really care if it says v7 or what ever as long as I know it's v8. Thanks for all your time and effort dedicated to all of us Revo users MT.

You have to go into your settings and update now. The file doesn't upgrade for you.