worth upgrading to g2 as of now?

Search This thread

caaznkid

Oct 6, 2010
With the G3, oneplus one, nexus 6 all around the corner...is this phone still worth upgrading to? I am currently on the nexus 4 and want to upgrade my phone. The G2 on swappa is ~300 and the oneplus one is going to be around that much too as well as the nexus 6 hopefully. How's the development/support of this phone overall? Is it something that developers and community will stay with or probably jump ship to the next big thing? Thanks for your input.

troysyx

Aug 24, 2012
Gresham
With the G3, oneplus one, nexus 6 all around the corner...is this phone still worth upgrading to? I am currently on the nexus 4 and want to upgrade my phone. The G2 on swappa is ~300 and the oneplus one is going to be around that much too as well as the nexus 6 hopefully. How's the development/support of this phone overall? Is it something that developers and community will stay with or probably jump ship to the next big thing? Thanks for your input.

I have a G2 now, and am using a Oppo Find 7a for testing. And i'll tell you this, in about 4 days i'll be going BACK to the G2; its an amazing phone. The size to screen ratio is untouched. The camera is by far the best in a smartphone. Built in OIS (and not just software OIS) is something that once you see how it works, you'll wonder why more OEM's dont put this in their cameras. LG's version of Android is also very good, however i'll be rooting and flashing a custom ROM once i go back to it. Its honestly still the phone i most recommend to friends and family, you wont be dissapointed at all.

Plus! since its only $300, you know it wont go down too much more in price so you will probably get close to your money back if you decide you want the nexus 6 down the line anyway ;).

caaznkid

Oct 6, 2010
I have a G2 now, and am using a Oppo Find 7a for testing. And i'll tell you this, in about 4 days i'll be going BACK to the G2; its an amazing phone. The size to screen ratio is untouched. The camera is by far the best in a smartphone. Built in OIS (and not just software OIS) is something that once you see how it works, you'll wonder why more OEM's dont put this in their cameras. LG's version of Android is also very good, however i'll be rooting and flashing a custom ROM once i go back to it. Its honestly still the phone i most recommend to friends and family, you wont be dissapointed at all.

Plus! since its only $300, you know it wont go down too much more in price so you will probably get close to your money back if you decide you want the nexus 6 down the line anyway ;).

Hi, thanks so much for your input. Is it because the screen of the oppo is too big and the camera is inferior? Also, what rom are you flashing? There aren't too many roms for the g2.

troysyx

Aug 24, 2012
Gresham
Hi, thanks so much for your input. Is it because the screen of the oppo is too big and the camera is inferior? Also, what rom are you flashing? There aren't too many roms for the g2.

i wouldn't say the camera is 'inferior', its still a very good camera on the 7a; but the G2 is just a little better. And having OIS is awesome. i'm looking at the Sonic Open kang project ROM. from the thread it seems very stable.