[WIP][Thinktank][DEV]Kernel 3.4.x

Search This thread

TakisBeskos

Nov 16, 2009
Patra
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Redmi Note 8
hi , i don't own an xperia play , but i am downloading mike's source ( zeus-wip ) , including the charger changes , and i will edit this post soon to upload the kernel

EDIT: @mikeioannina , i am getting this error when compiling kernel from zeus-wip

drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c: In function 'snapshot_rb':
drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c:628: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'parse_ib': recursive inlining
drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c:588: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
make[3]: *** [drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/gpu/msm] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/gpu] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

i removed the "inline" from static int parse_ib(struct kgsl_device *device, unsigned int ptbase,
unsigned int gpuaddr, unsigned int dwords); line 545 , is that ok ?

EDIT2: i've uploaded the zimage , not sure if it's ok , because i made some changes , just make a boot.img and flash it

Attachments

• zImage.7z
    4.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

smashingeeks

Apr 17, 2012
www.smashingeeks.com
Downloading the kernel, will update the result here once tested. Wanted to ask if it matters if I use NEO L, because I have NEO L. I mean will it be problematic?

UPDATE 1 : Mike, really thanks for working on this man. IT IS CHARGING NOW, Screenshots attached, Thanks.

UPDATE 2 : Works on both, USB Charging and using Charger. Attaching SS soon.

UPDATE 3 : I am thinking that it is taking a bit more time to charge and is draining faster too, but the good thing is, it is atleast charging now.

5Or8iam.png

jF8FzdO.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Alvin Satrio Wibowo

Frutak

Mar 14, 2013
Ostrava
homel.vsb.cz
Ok I flash charger.img but the xperia play doesnt boot to recovery.
but I flash boot.img and after charger and phone is booting.
Charging working :3 Thanks for your great work :3 I will try this rom to evening and at nignt I write a review :3

Last edited:

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
its in this same thread.. Page 10.. Post by Mike.. Kernel and ROM both posted.

Actually working Charger Kernel on page 11

thanks

yea but are there special instructions to installing this kernel? Because the stranded flash the kernel in bootloader mode result on a black on powerup and stays there no boot on R800x CDMA. Now i know theres like 2% difference between the R800x and the r800i (CDMA & GSM) versions of the xperia play so in theory anything that works on the r800i should work on the r800x except radio.

playitlouder

May 1, 2011
The Recovery actually works, if you don't have a SD card inserted.
Then connect the USB cable, copy the rom to /data via adb, change the startup script of CWM to install the rom from /data, install gapps the same way and boot.

Or do it the easy way and flash the rom and then the kernel :p

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
nothing worked as for now this kernel is NOT supported for for CDMA (R800x) xperia plays
cant understand why but yea.

unless we can get some more cdma plays to test this this is all we have to go on for now.

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
There are some requirements for kitkat builds.

Please make sure you have followed the instructions here:

https://github.com/LegacyXperia/wiki/wiki

Most important: You need to have flashed Neo L's ICS 4.1.B.0.587 ftf and you need to format the partitions in fastboot if the device doesn't boot.
All the instructions are in the above link

oooh so their is some special things to set up. is this the ftf i need? [NEO L] All Stock Firmware .ftf , and also can i even flash foreign ftf's on my play?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi community,
    I was finally able to get touch events recorded as they should and the touchscreen to be fully operational.
    Screenshot attached...

- nAa
    Hello all,

First, let me thank @raginginferno who was kind enough to send me his play (all the way from Canada). Without the actual device nothing would be done.

Now, attaching kernel image for zeus

root@android:/ # uname -a
    Linux localhost 3.4.82-nAa+ #677 PREEMPT Sun Apr 6 01:20:26 EEST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux
    attachment.php

Tested only with Android 4.2.2 (mike's latest build):
    http://legacyxperia.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/zeus/cm-10.1/nightlies/

Note1: there is still some kernel work to be done for full hw support of the zeus board, but I expect it to be fairly trivial from now on (thus I'll leave it to the capable hands of anyone who's interested :p).
    Note2: I will be cleaning up my workspace and pushing changes to github within the day.

Cheers,
    - nAa
    I got cm11 & new ION kernel to boot, I will open a new thread soon when I fix some more stuff.

gSaLZOf.png

Current buildable sources are pushed to LegacyXperia github, kernel branch is zeus-wip but will be merged soon into the main cm-11.0 branch.
    Code is uploaded to github.

Cheers
    - nAa
    Great news. I'll work on cm10.1/cm10.2 for now since they're pretty stable for the rest of the 2011 devices.
    Or I can work directly on cm11 and the new ION kernel, but that will take some more time.