Secret Code / Hidden Menu tester needed

Search This thread

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hi,

As you may know, you cannot enter the secret codes (e.g. *#0*#, *#0011#, *#27663368378#...) on a device that has not been enabled the HiddenMenu.
I need someone to help me to test if these codes work on your device by using my app: Shortcut Master.

Here is how:
- Install Shortcut Master app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite
- Go to menu 'Secret Code Explorer', select your desire code (e.g. 0*, 0011, 27663368378, 0228, etc...) and tap to launch it.
- You can select 'Launch 0' or 'Launch 1' to test if it work. 'Launch 0' requires ROOT access.

Please kindly test and feedback. Thanks.

Reactions: rizapn and biglil1

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Hi,

As you may know, you cannot enter the secret codes (e.g. *#0*#, *#0011#, *#27663368378#...) on a device that has not been enabled the HiddenMenu.
I need someone to help me to test if these codes work on your device by using my app: Shortcut Master.

Here is how:
- Install Shortcut Master app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite
- Go to menu 'Secret Code Explorer', select your desire code (e.g. 0*, 0011, 27663368378, 0228, etc...) and tap to launch it.
- You can select 'Launch 0' or 'Launch 1' to test if it work. 'Launch 0' requires ROOT access.

Just installed did as you said; I opened the app went into menu selected Secret code explorer and used the first option (0*) and it worked with launch 0.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vndnguyen

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Just installed did as you said; I opened the app went into menu selected Secret code explorer and used the first option (0*) and it worked with launch 0.

Great, thank you for your response.

But do you know if your phone has been enabled the HiddenMenu?

Can you dial *#0*# on the phone's dialpad to see if this code works?
Please try also another codes (e.g. *#06# or *#0011#...) by dialing them on the phone's numpad?

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn

Please try also another codes (e.g. *#06# or *#0011#...) by dialing them on the phone's numpad?

I enabled it by going to efs/carrier/Hiddenmenu and changed OFF to On. You might want to add that to the OP along with making sure that ones ROM has the Hiddenmenu.apk in. As far as i know without this apk you can't access the menu.

Tried all 3 codes and they work.

Edit: Would you like me to change it back to OFF so you can see if your app works without enabling HiddenMenu?

Edit#2: Disable HiddenMenu by changing ON to Off and it worked. Came across some options that didn't. #2 and the last 3. I didn't run through all of them yet just at random. I'll update later on

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Edit: Would you like me to change it back to OFF so you can see if your app works without enabling HiddenMenu?

Yes, that is exactly what I was asking for.

While HiddenMenu is OFF, can you launch the secret codes by dialing on the phone's numpad, and by using Shortcut Master app?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
While HiddenMenu is OFF, can you launch the secret codes by dialing on the phone's numpad, and by using Shortcut Master app?

With HiddenMenu set to OFF the codes will not work using the dial pad. Using Shortcut Master I'm able to access the HiddenMenus with the efs/carrier/HiddenMenu set to OFF and launch 0.

rizapn

Oct 30, 2007
Jakarta
Hi,
just download it from Play Store and install it.
I am on NC5 stock rooted without modifying the etc file.
Using your apps, I can enter to the hidden menu, such as LCD Test menu (usually we do it by pressing *#0*# from dial pad).

Thank you,
very nice apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here is how:

Hi,

Here is how:

I enabled it by going to efs/carrier/Hiddenmenu and changed OFF to On. You might want to add that to the OP along with making sure that ones ROM has the Hiddenmenu.apk in. As far as i know without this apk you can't access the menu.

Tried all 3 codes and they work.

Edit#2: Disable HiddenMenu by changing ON to Off and it worked. Came across some options that didn't. #2 and the last 3. I didn't run through all of them yet just at random. I'll update later on

With HiddenMenu set to OFF the codes will not work using the dial pad. Using Shortcut Master I'm able to access the HiddenMenus with the efs/carrier/HiddenMenu set to OFF and launch 0.
    This doesn't seem to work on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, unrooted, running Android 4.4.2