[ROM] I Can't Believe Its Not Gingerbread [Public Alpha] (29-Apr-2011)

Search This thread

jrharvey

Apr 19, 2010
Charlotte NC
The point of this ROM is to be as close to an AOSP gingerbread rom but still be 2.2. I just didnt feel like waiting for 2.3 or the source to be released :) Absolutely NO t-mobile apps or games included.

Big thanks to doniqcc, squidbutt, tweezit and sonnysekhon For having a huge help in this :)

Ok guys. This STILL NEEDS HEAVY WORK and I need some help here. I just wanted to get the ball rolling because someone had to. Consider this an open ALPHA build and Im just showing this as a preview. It is completely built off the Eagles Blood ROM all credit goes to doniqcc for giving me something to work with. DO NOT FLASH if you do not have CWM NVFlash version. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Things that need work.
-Some text needs to be changed to white
-Some notifications icons need to be reworked and notification text on bar needs to be turned white
-Stupid T-Mobile shutdown annimation removed. (I cannot figure out where it is).
-Gingerbread Keyboard Force Closes. Will remove for next release (can download off market). https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result
If anyone feels like helping out I am now making this public.

If you think you can fix some of the issues then feel free to and send me back the files you edited. You will recieve credit for your work :)

Download http://www.multiupload.com/O5BI3YM9NU

Last edited:
Reactions: martinchavez90

squidbutt

May 30, 2008
suffolk
O really? I just got my g2x but I have had any android under the sun. Ill help ya out if need be. Just pm me.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

jrharvey

Apr 19, 2010
Charlotte NC
also, is this more of a skin or a rom? you will be doing your own tweaks and stuff on this one?

Enough tweaks that this just cant be a theme but if this belongs in the theme/app section then I would understand.

On second thought Ill just wait for cyan
Ya ill be jumping on CM7 when it comes out but I just cant wait. I had it on my vibrant and going back to 2.2 is just weird lol.

Any specifics as to what you've changed from Eagle's blood?
Changed some apps, whole new theme, changed keyboard, Completely bloat free, New sounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: socal_brandon

jrharvey

Apr 19, 2010
Charlotte NC
O really? I just got my g2x but I have had any android under the sun. Ill help ya out if need be. Just pm me.

I MAY need some help changing the colors on some text. Right now i have some black on black text and dont know which files to edit. Im gonna get all the png's and .9 pngs set up and then maybe send the ROM your way if you want. BTW, I learned this is NOT stock froyo at all. More like a froyo themed Optimus X2 ROM lol. Not all the framework follows AOSP so it looks like they reversed the X2 ROM for t-mobile.

doniqcc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
chicago
I MAY need some help changing the colors on some text. Right now i have some black on black text and dont know which files to edit. Im gonna get all the png's and .9 pngs set up and then maybe send the ROM your way if you want. BTW, I learned this is NOT stock froyo at all. More like a froyo themed Optimus X2 ROM lol. Not all the framework follows AOSP so it looks like they reversed the X2 ROM for t-mobile.
Wrong!
Eaglesblood is stock room, built from stock. I can assure you try to unpack framework from x2 and G2x stock rom and then you will see what I'm talking about they're almost identical.

jrharvey

Apr 19, 2010
Charlotte NC
Wrong!
Eaglesblood is stock room, built from stock. I can assure you try to unpack framework from x2 and G2x stock rom and then you will see what I'm talking about they're almost identical.

No I think I may have said this wrong. What I mean the origional G2X straight from factory ROM is not built like a standard AOSP or Nexus rom. it may look it but some things have been added and there is a whole LG set of framework just like sense and touchwiz although Im not sure where it is used yet. Yes, your ROM is stock, I guess i just misworded it.

Last edited:

squidbutt

May 30, 2008
suffolk

Well if so do send it my way. Ill FL eagles when I get inside and see what's up on that. We def need apps2sd though might wanna find some way to incorperate that haha

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
cant wait. i see alot of powerhouse roms in the future for this phone. cant wait for sense roms as well

ThC23

Sep 18, 2010
How bout an actual GB Rom?

ThC23

Sep 18, 2010
Great idea! I look forward to seeing your results. Thank you so much for offering to take on this task! :rolleyes:

Grab a seat because you'll be waiting a long time!

It's nice to have variety of Roms, but Im coming from the Vibrant where there are tons of wanna be GB Roms! It would be great to see an actual GB Rom! I'm sure many Vibrant owners feel the same way!

I know it won't be an easy task and if I could I would tackle the task myself, but I can't!
What I can/will/have do(ne) is donate for all the hard work!

jrharvey

Apr 19, 2010
Charlotte NC
Grab a seat because you'll be waiting a long time!

It's nice to have variety of Roms, but Im coming from the Vibrant where there are tons of wanna be GB Roms! It would be great to see an actual GB Rom! I'm sure many Vibrant owners feel the same way!

I know it won't be an easy task and if I could I would tackle the task myself, but I can't!
What I can/will/have do(ne) is donate for all the hard work!

Trust me... I know what you mean. Building a ROM from source is one thing but building a gingerbread ROM from a Froyo source is a whole nother beast. Im coming from the vibrant as well. Loved the phone but it just never took off in the development the way I had hoped. I would have thought an international phone on ever carrier would have a ton more support but I guess it was just too difficult a task.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The point of this ROM is to be as close to an AOSP gingerbread rom but still be 2.2. I just didnt feel like waiting for 2.3 or the source to be released :) Absolutely NO t-mobile apps or games included.

Big thanks to doniqcc, squidbutt, tweezit and sonnysekhon For having a huge help in this :)

Ok guys. This STILL NEEDS HEAVY WORK and I need some help here. I just wanted to get the ball rolling because someone had to. Consider this an open ALPHA build and Im just showing this as a preview. It is completely built off the Eagles Blood ROM all credit goes to doniqcc for giving me something to work with. DO NOT FLASH if you do not have CWM NVFlash version. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Things that need work.
    -Some text needs to be changed to white
    -Some notifications icons need to be reworked and notification text on bar needs to be turned white
    -Stupid T-Mobile shutdown annimation removed. (I cannot figure out where it is).
    -Gingerbread Keyboard Force Closes. Will remove for next release (can download off market). https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result
    If anyone feels like helping out I am now making this public.

If you think you can fix some of the issues then feel free to and send me back the files you edited. You will recieve credit for your work :)

Download http://www.multiupload.com/O5BI3YM9NU
    also, is this more of a skin or a rom? you will be doing your own tweaks and stuff on this one?

Enough tweaks that this just cant be a theme but if this belongs in the theme/app section then I would understand.

On second thought Ill just wait for cyan
    Ya ill be jumping on CM7 when it comes out but I just cant wait. I had it on my vibrant and going back to 2.2 is just weird lol.

Any specifics as to what you've changed from Eagle's blood?
    Changed some apps, whole new theme, changed keyboard, Completely bloat free, New sounds.
    Has anyone try to install this rom with cwm installed with rom manager and not nvflash? just asking since he said NOT to do it .... ?

:) i said not to do it because I don't want anyone messing up their phone and going through bootloops. I flashed through cwm Tom manager version ;)
    This is the final fix where all text including the date is set to white now.

Zip is not flashable so Just extract files and use root explorer to push them to /system/framework/.

Enjoy :)
    Awesome, thanks. Do you know how to fix the menu text like shown here?
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=582344&d=1304124352

I have included the menu text fix (changed to white). Decompile the framework-res and put the styles.xml in framework-res/res/styles.