[ROM] Incredible Stock OTA [RLS2] [4.06.605.2] [Android 2.3.4] [8/17/11] [Fast!!]

Search This thread

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Oh yup lol guess your right:

Android 2.3.4 Platform

API Level: 10

Android 2.3.4 is a maintenance release that adds several bug fixes and patches to the Android 2.3 platform, without any API changes from Android 2.3.3. Additionally, Android 2.3.4 brings support for the Open Accessory API to mobile devices, through the optional Open Accessory Library.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Oh yup lol guess your right:

Android 2.3.4 Platform

API Level: 10

Android 2.3.4 is a maintenance release that adds several bug fixes and patches to the Android 2.3 platform, without any API changes from Android 2.3.3. Additionally, Android 2.3.4 brings support for the Open Accessory API to mobile devices, through the optional Open Accessory Library.

yeah it was an update to patch the malware exploit. but there is a new one out that they are trying to keep it under wraps. i bet there will be a 2.3.6 soon.

Last edited:

wildstang83

Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
yeah it was an update to patch the malware exploit. but there is a new one out that they are trying to keep it under wraps. i bet there will be a 2.3.6 soon.

Lol I don't mind being wrong every once in awhile. As long as someone can jump start me in the right direction.

But yea as smooth as 2.3.5 is I for sure can't wait to see whats up for 2.3.6.

Anyways look at me getting off topic, lol

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Do you mean that you think that if we do the OTA that we will lose root and be unable to root again?

you will lose root if you do the OTA because the exploit used to obtain root in froyo is not the same as gingerbread. its up to Unrevoked to get us root with gingerbread. or if HTC desides to put it on there site. but they still haven't posted EVO 3d or sensation yet so i wont hold my breath.

wildstang83

Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Actually I was under the impression that the bootloader unlocker was gonna be downloadable via the HTC Dev website? You can use it but it will kill any warranty you have.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Actually I was under the impression that the bootloader unlocker was gonna be downloadable via the HTC Dev website? You can use it but it will kill any warranty you have.

yeah. thats if they plan on it for the HTC inc. (or unless its a universal tool for all HTC phones) only heard talks about the EVO 3D and the sensation. i could be wrong though. Thats just what i have read.

wildstang83

Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
yeah. thats if they plan on it for the HTC inc. (or unless its a universal tool for all HTC phones) only heard talks about the EVO 3D and the sensation. i could be wrong though. Thats just what i have read.

Yup thats what I saw also. Except I beleive they worded it to say 'for now' its only for the E3D, Sensation and I think Inc2?

I got my regestration email but I can't find it anymore for some reason. Do you by chance have that page link on you?

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Yup thats what I saw also. Except I beleive they worded it to say 'for now' its only for the E3D, Sensation and I think Inc2?

I got my regestration email but I can't find it anymore for some reason. Do you by chance have that page link on you?

Just left work I can find it once I'm home.

Sent from my sexy assistant. (AMOLED HTC Incredible)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a Rooted version of the Incredible OTA 4.06.605.2 w/ Android 2.3.4
    You will not lose root installing this rom.
    If you like the Rom, Hit the Thanks Button!

This is how Sense is supposed to run.
    It has to be the fastest rom I ever tried!!
    Enjoy :)

new1-9.png

RLS2 Features

- Fully Deodexed
    - Added New Market 3.0.27
    - Fixed Verizon Apps in The New Market
    - Fixed a few other Build.prop issues

RLS1 Features

- Rooted (SuperUser)
    - Stock Kernel
    - Deodexed Apps (default)
    - Signed
    - Busybox
    - Init-d
    - CWM or Amon RA

DOWNLOAD
    That would be great.

One that works with any GB based ROM and gets rid of the OTA nag - would be wonderful.

Okay I'll take a look at the update and root it when I have spare time. I don't promise that I'll maintain it (like give it updates), but I'll try to get it rooted as soon as possible.
    Thanks man looking forward to it. Updated market if you could please. And please don't remove any or too much bloat. I like to be able to custom the rom the way I like. :) if possible.

thats exactly what your getting. Fully deodexed, updated market and bloat is still there. Fixed a few things like 3.7 screen in build.prop etc..
    man i bet your eager as hell to get in this update :cool:

Me too..............
    So forgive me if this is a stupid question but what exactly does this mean for us rooted users already running builds of gingerbread? I am running CM7 right now, so does this mean an even more stable version of CM7 will be released once we get the kernel and such from the stock gingerbread OTA? CM7 seems to be completely stable on my Inc as it is right now...Thanks!

it means 720p on cm7