[MOD] NFC on AT&T Stock ROM (CWM)

Search This thread
Z

ZeroX7C

Does this work on N7005? It's booting normally after flash, but Tags keeps asking me to turn on NFC (Yeah, it's not in any settings)

How to fix this? :confused::confused::confused:

muddy777

Sep 10, 2014
just installed through CWM and works perfectly. are there any apps currently out there similar to "Google Wallet" that I can use in order to pay wireless? And the NFC tags are pretty cool, i will experiment with that as well.

hello
I tried the zip file on my i727 using CWM but it couldnt install it, got an error massage
I tried TWRP and same thing got an error massage, it says:
Error executing binary update in zip
Error flashing zip

its running on jelly bean v4.1.2
so, what is the solution?

After I installed TWRP I did factory reset

Thanks

fox689

Mar 21, 2011
Memphis
hello
I tried the zip file on my i727 using CWM but it couldnt install it, got an error massage
I tried TWRP and same thing got an error massage, it says:
Error executing binary update in zip
Error flashing zip

its running on jelly bean v4.1.2
so, what is the solution?

After I installed TWRP I did factory reset

Thanks

I have no idea. This was designed for the i717 running AT&T's zero day shipped ROM. I did a file comparison between an image of the Telus version and the AT&T image and pulled the system files related to NFC from the Telus image. Then I pushed them to my phone in the same file addresses until my NFC activated. After I figured it out, I created a patch file containing all the files needed to do it for anyone else at the time.

Sorry, but I am not remotely familiar with the i727 or any other Samsung device released since the i717, as I am a poor college drop out working paycheck to paycheck. Seeing as my i717 is starting to show it's age (The power button keeps sticking randomly and I'm about to have to do a full partition overhaul with the size apps are getting to), I'm eyeing the Note 4 pretty hard... Might sell a kidney! :p

muddy777

Sep 10, 2014
opqooth one

I have no idea. This was designed for the i717 running AT&T's zero day shipped ROM. I did a file comparison between an image of the Telus version and the AT&T image and pulled the system files related to NFC from the Telus image. Then I pushed them to my phone in the same file addresses until my NFC activated. After I figured it out, I created a patch file containing all the files needed to do it for anyone else at the time.

Sorry, but I am not remotely familiar with the i727 or any other Samsung device released since the i717, as I am a poor college drop out working paycheck to paycheck. Seeing as my i717 is starting to show it's age (The power button keeps sticking randomly and I'm about to have to do a full partition overhaul with the size apps are getting to), I'm eyeing the Note 4 pretty hard... Might sell a kidney! :p

ok:D

i guess there is no way to activate it cant find any info about it on the web

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This flash contains an xml permissions file and the Tag.apk from the Canadian ROMs.

Once you've flashed this you will have the option to turn on NFC in Wireless Settings as well as be able to install NFC apps from the Play Market.

Obligatory Directions:

1. Reboot your phone into Recovery if you've already installed ClockworkMod Recovery. If you don't know if you have, you probably haven't. Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526431
    2. Make a Backup! This doesn't do anything fancy, but I'm not responsible if you lose everything when flashing. CWM is still technically a Beta build for this phone
    3. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
    4. Choose either "choose zip from sdcard" or "choose zip from internal sdcard" depending on where you saved it.
    5. Find your file and install it
    6. Restart. You now have NFC options.
    As in changing the phone name in the build.prop to a nexus? I'm not really sure what that would do. I'll look up the model number and report back what happens when I change it.

As for flashing this, I doubt it will cause any more problems than the root kernel and bloat removal will. Unless AT&T has some spyware buried into the phone, they shouldn't know, nor should they care.

This flash literally just tosses in the permissions XML and adds the control program from the other phones to the system apps. EVERYTHING else was already in the ROM, including the Nfc.apk and libraries. Kinda annoying, but AT&T is wanting it locked out on phones until they're proprietary NFC payment system is released.

Personally, I wanted to play with launch tags, so I figured out how to unlock it, and then made a CWM flashable that does all the heavy lifting I figured out by tearing through the Rodgers and Telus ROMs.
    Yup, it's just disabled on the AT&T for some reason. If you take off your battery cover and look at it, the chip is built into the cover itself.

I tested transmission and receiving with a friend's Nexus. It works great.
    just installed through CWM and works perfectly. are there any apps currently out there similar to "Google Wallet" that I can use in order to pay wireless? And the NFC tags are pretty cool, i will experiment with that as well.
    I've got the latest SAUROM and the ATT fix. Would this work on that? Is there any downside to giving it a try?

It's already enabled in Saurom. Just goto Settings-->Wireless and Network-->NFC near the bottom.