CyanogenMod 10.1 - GT-I9195 - Stable & Nightlies - Bug Reports & Discussion

Search This thread

iceviper2610

Feb 21, 2011
But I don't experience any sound artifacts on my Nexus 7 and also on Xperia Ray with CM10.1 as well.
In fact, I doubt that official Android audio samples could be defective.. At least they should be the same on CM and official Nexus ROM, right?
Anyway, I'll try to play them on PC directly from my phone and see what happens (BTW, where are official notification sounds are stored? Or, alternatively, could you please attach few of them right here?).
Another point is that this defect is really floating and it really doesn't crackles every single time, see e.g. that charging situation I mentioned.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Besides, it crackles not only with notification sounds but also in games, YouTube videos with suitable sound etc.
Please also pay attention to iceviper2610's note that stock ROM doesn't crackle. Unfortunately, I haven't tested it by myself explicitly as I hadn't thought there could be any problems, but I definitely remember than when I launched Angry Birds on stock ROM I hadn't heard any issues in main theme (which is really intense now) but it does crackle sometimes with CM ROM.

I just tested the sound again and it seems that the issues are gone. I don't experience any crackling anymore. Don't know what happened exactly, currently I'm using the 2013-08-27 nightly.

The strange sound from AlarmDroid vanished, too.

What I figured out is, that the speaker will get to it's limit if one uses DSP settings and activates the bass boost. The "extreme" setting is really to extreme for the speaker :cyclops: Maybe you have accidentally activated some similar settings. Did you try a clean installation without backups? Do you experience the crackling in such a case, too?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

@Olliie: I had similar problems with my network using CM 10.1, sometimes i get connection after manually choose my network. General it took a long time after start to connect to mobile data or change from edge to 3g.

I experienced the same thing, too. All throughout the last nightlies. But I've the feeling that it got better with the 2013-08-27 nightly.

In addition WiFi is particularly unstable. From time to time I loose connection even when I sit side by side to the access point. Don't know if this might be the reason, but I repeatedly had connection problems when I came home from work. WiFi tried to connect to the access point but got stuck when trying to get the IP from the DHCP server.

metaxaos

Nov 18, 2012
Bogorodsk
I just tested the sound again and it seems that the issues are gone. I don't experience any crackling anymore. Don't know what happened exactly, currently I'm using the 2013-08-27 nightly.

The strange sound from AlarmDroid vanished, too.

What I figured out is, that the speaker will get to it's limit if one uses DSP settings and activates the bass boost. The "extreme" setting is really to extreme for the speaker :cyclops: Maybe you have accidentally activated some similar settings. Did you try a clean installation without backups? Do you experience the crackling in such a case, too?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

I experienced the same thing, too. All throughout the last nightlies. But I've the feeling that it got better with the 2013-08-27 nightly.

In addition WiFi is particularly unstable. From time to time I loose connection even when I sit side by side to the access point. Don't know if this might be the reason, but I repeatedly had connection problems when I came home from work. WiFi tried to connect to the access point but got stuck when trying to get the IP from the DHCP server.

Regarding crackles - I made CM migration with all the wipes I could perform and definitely didn't enable bass boost. I've even tried to lower the bass using DSP settings :) That's how I discovered that it seems to have no effect.
But I haven't yet tried nightly'27 or RC1. Maybe DSP was indeed broken and then repaired? I'll check and come back tomorrow evening.

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
I've just installed the RC1 :)
So smooth !! I won't go back to stock :D
Big thanks to CyanogenMod Team

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk 4

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
I reverted to stock last night but immediately switched back to cm and I am not going back. Battery time is double with cm in my case and I was using stripped stock. Also performance is a bit better but no big hint there but the experience is better with cm.

Thyco

Aug 27, 2013
Quick question about the rc1. In the first post of this thread there is talk about updating cm and that the gapps should be reflashed.

The update from nightly to rc itself, should it be done through clockwork or simply through the updater in cm? And do you lose settings or should everything work as before the update?

iceviper2610

Feb 21, 2011
Quick question about the rc1. In the first post of this thread there is talk about updating cm and that the gapps should be reflashed.

The update from nightly to rc itself, should it be done through clockwork or simply through the updater in cm? And do you lose settings or should everything work as before the update?

I updated through clockwork and everything is working fine. If you have gapps already installed, it is advised to reflash (see follow-up message). The settings are kept, but it is advised to make a backup for the case something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
I just flashed using Cwm and then reflashed the gapps.

We were previously advised to flash gapps after updating cm as /system gets wiped

iceviper2610

Feb 21, 2011
I just flashed using Cwm and then reflashed the gapps.

We were previously advised to flash gapps after updating cm as /system gets wiped

Thanks for this information just forgot about that. Changed it in the previous reply...

Furthermore the crackling returned with RC1. No idea what happened. DSP settings are inactive and even activating and inactivating it again has no influence.

Reactions: Whosat

R2D2uC3PO

Mar 6, 2012
CM 10.1.3 RC1 is out :D
my first stable

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
Thanks for this information just forgot about that. Changed it in the previous reply...

Furthermore the crackling returned with RC1. No idea what happened. DSP settings are inactive and even activating and inactivating it again has no influence.

I've saw that with the HP

metaxaos

Nov 18, 2012
Bogorodsk

BTW, wasn't your phone charging when you didn't experience crackling?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I've saw that with the HP

With the HP? What do you mean?

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
Nope :(
My battery level is 87/100 and I'm experiencing audio crackling

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

BTW, wasn't your phone charging when you didn't experience crackling?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

With the HP? What do you mean?

When I plug my earphones I don't have crackling when I listen to music

Darktitor

May 31, 2012
Mine is not charging and have this issue...
Sorry for my english so bad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

*UPDATE: Both the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE and international 3G variants now have official nightlies & stable 10.1.3! Get them at http://get.cm/?device=serranoltexx and http://get.cm/?device=serrano3gxx respectively.

This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM10.1 nightlies AND stable versions for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195) only.

Opened this thread so that newbies can also post their issues here, as well as to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.

** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES!
    Sir arco68 has suggested that all bugs still be reported here despite having a stable version as it is a more central location to view and see bug reports.

-------

Links
    Release thread / Development discussion | CyanogenMod 10.1

How to install CM10.1

1. Root and install using ONLY CWM recovery (available here: [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195))
    2. Copy all the files you downloaded for CM10.1 (From http://get.cm) into your SD card along with the Google Applications (Optional, recommended - get the latest one for CM10.1.x)
    3. Boot into CWM (Vol Up + Home just as the phone is booting up, navigate using Vol btns, HOME to select, POWER to back)
    4. Make a backup of your NANDroid (Optional - Do this if you wish to return to your previous ROM)
    5. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and press Yes
    6. Select wipe cache partition" and press Yes
    7. Flash cm-10.1-2013xxxx-XXX-serranoltexx.zip file FIRST (or RC or stable)
    8. Then flash gapps (Optional)

Notes
    • When upgrading between CM10.1 versions, you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped.
    • Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
    • Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM10.1
    • The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one.
    • When installing themes which appear to be improperly compiled, apply the default system theme and reboot and try again.
    • CM10.1 doesn't come with an FM Radio app.

-------------------------

It would help greatly to be detailed in your bug reports and to provide logs (in [code][/code] blocks), in an organised manner.

LIST OF ISSUES

Unverified
    • Auto-unlock with flip cover doesn't work [1] [2]
    • WLAN instability, network switching issues and low GSM call quality (vs. Samsung ROM) [1] [2]
    • RC1 - Sporadic reboots [1] [2] [3] [4]
    • Changing exposure offset in Camera causes a crash [1]

Verified & Reproduced / Work-in-Progress

Fixed / In coming build

User-fixable

Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Kernel issue
    • Changing language will crash settings (but language does change) [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Increase in battery drain [1] [X]
    • Phone: Numbers always display in the format "xxx-xxx-xxxx" [1] [X1] [X2]
    • Phone unlocks in pocket randomly [1] [X1] [X2]
    • 4G quick-toggle makes Data Mode quick-toggle change to 2G [1] [X]
    • Unable to adjust call volume with 3rd party headsets (exists on stock ROM as well) [X]
    • No "Personalise Call Sound" in Call Settings [1] [X]
    • Unable to access external SD card in apps like Poweramp & VPlayer [1] [2] [X1] [X2]
    • Speaker crackles at low frequencies [1] [2] [3] [X1]

-------------------------

FEATURE REQUESTS

Requests
    • Move apps to external SD card / set external SD card as default SD card [1]

Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
    ----
    Last updated: 08 Oct 2013, 0706hrs (+8GMT)
    All devices have been moved to weekly builds.
    Good news about FM radio. I have it working very good in CM 10.2. The bad news is, it doesn't look like anyone else in CM cares about it, so I don't think it will ever be added. All I can suggest is that you spam CM's Google+ channel with requests for it, then maybe they will listen.
    I think we've been spending too much time discussing problems that we forget to thank @arco68 on what a marvellous job he has done porting this ROM to our phones and how butter-smooth this ROM is running and how there are no core issues at all despite it being in the ALPHA stage.

On behalf of the SGS4mini mod community, thank you @arco68 sir for all your hard work! :)
    It's merged in 10.2 and working fine.