[Q] Hangouts and stock sms app problem

Search This thread

Criton30

Oct 24, 2013
Budapest
I'm using Google Hangouts to receive my sms and mms texts. However, I'm still receiving double message and notofocations as my stock sms app is also receiving the sms. How do I disable this so I only receive this through Google Hangouts?

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
I'm using Google Hangouts to receive my sms and mms texts. However, I'm still receiving double message and notofocations as my stock sms app is also receiving the sms. How do I disable this so I only receive this through Google Hangouts?

Go to apps in settings and find messaging and disable

Reactions: Criton30

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
The message will still show up in message app. Go to application manager find stock messaging and disable the notifications for it. And you're sorted :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Criton30

Criton30

Oct 24, 2013
Budapest
The message will still show up in message app. Go to application manager find stock messaging and disable the notifications for it. And you're sorted :)

Thanks for the Info, If I understand you correctly, I should turn off only the notification (and not disable the stock sms app) in the stock sms app.
If I delete one of the message in the stock message app, than it will be deleted too in Hangouts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Go to apps in settings and find messaging and disable