[ROM]InsertCoin 6.0.8 | L | All Variants | TweaksApp | Launcher & Battery Icon Packs

Search This thread

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Went back a few.. probably missed it.. what about installing the H/K mod? I looked in the market and can't find it.. found a sound boost if you're using H/K ... just flash the mod and all is well? I assume there is a particular one to use here as before?

alershka

Oct 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Spell check isssues

I reported this in the main thread and didn't get a response so I believe this may be a verizon specific issue since most of the current builds are based on the international version. Any insights would be appreciated.

I am running the latest build (7.1.2) and I have found that the built in spell check (red underline on misspelled works) does not work across all apps. It does not work on the sense 7 keyboard or on any other keyboard I have installed (google, swiftkey). It seems to work on gmail and tapatalk but does not work on Google Inbox or EvolutionSMS.

I also rolled back to 6.0.8 (the last Sense 6 version that supported Verizon) and the behavior is the same. I also tried a few other Sense 7 roms (skydragon / adrenaline) and they didn't work either so I think it is a framework issue. When I looked for a rooted stock version of the Verizon 5.01 release (so I could verify that this is due to the international version), I couldn't find one (probably because root has not been achieved on the Verizon release as far as I can see).

I have restored my user apps and data (not system apps) using Titanium Backup and I have also deleted the problem apps and reinstalled from the Play Store and the problem persists.

So I'm looking for a few things if possible.
  • Confirmation that this is a problem for others.
  • Identification of the files that are used for this spell checking so I can try swapping the ones from the verizon build to see if the problem can be fixed.
  • Any other bread crumbs to follow or suggestions.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Turd Furguson

Apr 27, 2011
www.nerd-haven.net
I reported this in the main thread and didn't get a response so I believe this may be a verizon specific issue since most of the current builds are based on the international version. Any insights would be appreciated.

I am running the latest build (7.1.2) and I have found that the built in spell check (red underline on misspelled works) does not work across all apps. It does not work on the sense 7 keyboard or on any other keyboard I have installed (google, swiftkey). It seems to work on gmail and tapatalk but does not work on Google Inbox or EvolutionSMS.

I also rolled back to 6.0.8 (the last Sense 6 version that supported Verizon) and the behavior is the same. I also tried a few other Sense 7 roms (skydragon / adrenaline) and they didn't work either so I think it is a framework issue. When I looked for a rooted stock version of the Verizon 5.01 release (so I could verify that this is due to the international version), I couldn't find one (probably because root has not been achieved on the Verizon release as far as I can see).

I have restored my user apps and data (not system apps) using Titanium Backup and I have also deleted the problem apps and reinstalled from the Play Store and the problem persists.

So I'm looking for a few things if possible.
  • Confirmation that this is a problem for others.
  • Identification of the files that are used for this spell checking so I can try swapping the ones from the verizon build to see if the problem can be fixed.
  • Any other bread crumbs to follow or suggestions.

Thanks!
Confirmation that spell check didn't work. In Verizon Text Message but Gmail registered it.

alershka

Oct 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Confirmation that spell check didn't work. In Verizon Text Message but Gmail registered it.
Thanks for confirming. I installed fluent which was based on the vzw ota and spell check didn't work so it is a problem even with stock. I guess I will have to see what happens when Verizon releases their next update.

Thanks for checking.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Come to the DarkSide. Cookies Below:

Thanks to @the_scotsman for the initial testing

ic-promo-sixthsense-v5-m8_2.png

ic_requirements_m8.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Unlocked Phone @ HTCDEV or S-OFF
    * Custom Recovery
    * Common Sense, Brains and logic
    */

ic_license_m8.png

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC ONE(M8) you agree to the following:

• [*]Your warranty is now void.
      [*]I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROMbefore flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      [*]Support is limited. I do this as a hobby in my free time. I'll do my best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for me to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever I will ignore your issue!
      [*]Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. I am under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If I do it is because I like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
      [*]NO Requests! When I work on InsertCoin I have in mind that I have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa . I'm not your personal ROM developer and it is not my job nor my intention to make everybody happy.
      [*]Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll <insert whatever here>!" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
      [*]Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
      [*]NO ETAs! While I do my best to constantly work on the ROM to improve,  fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues I can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and I might stop cooking the ROM

ic_sharing_m8.png

• [*]You must ask my express permission!
      [*]You are NOT allowed to use any part of the tweaks files, scripts or app
      [*]If you get the permission when you use the files you MUST post proper link to this thread and mention me ( @baadnewz)
      [*]Not respecting this simple rules will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators.

ic_Features_m8.png

ROM Base features:
    • latest HTC NEW ONE (M8) Sense 6 WWE Base - 1.54.401.5
    • more languages enabled (FULL WWE)
    • root, busybox and init.d support
    • persistent ADB enabled
    • ramdisk improvements
    • battery life, performance and memory improvements
    • sysro / sysrw binaries
    • openvpn / sqlite support
    • disabled logging & removed bloatware
    • stripped debugging info for improved performance
    • optimized with latest sdk for improved performance
    • trimmed partitions for improved performance
    • zipaligned apps for improved performance
    • flar2's Write Protection MOD to allow S-ON users fully writeable /system partition
    • advanced power menu
    • 5x6 Grid size option in Sense App Drawer
    • Sense Launcher Menu Support
    • Smoothest ROM
    • Best Battery Management
    • Fast fixes / updates
    • InsertCoin Kontrol APP with unique features
    • Enabled AppsOps in Settings so you can take full control of your phone
    • Sweep2Sleep props @flar2 - if you wanna disable it just remove /system/etc/init.d/40s2w
    AROMA Options:
    • optional show LTE icon instead of 4G
    • optional Disable Persistent NFC Icon
    • optional Lower Proximity Sensor Sensibility
    • optional Louder Speaker Mod
    • optional Stock Boot Animation
    • optional Exchange Email Hack (disable EAS Pin Requirement)
    • optional Disable HTC Color Enhancement
    • optional Show LTE instead of 4G
    • optional Disable Fast Dormancy

ic_SVN_m8.png

• InsertCoin ROM SVN repo

If you want to keep up with the latest changes you clone this repo. Once you synced with it, you will only download the changes and not the whole rom again. You zip it copy the zip on your phone, flash it you have the latest version, without downloading 900 mB, without waiting. SVN commits are not always tested or stable. You have been warned

• Latest Commits

• How to setup SVN for Windows!*

• How to setup SVN for Mac OS!*

*the tutorials were made for m7 ROM so replace the links when you follow the tutorial

ic_bugs_m8.png

• You tell me

ic_dls_m8.png

Please use our M8 INTERNATIONAL THREAD for download, questions, support and feedback

Special thanks for helping me along the way to:

• V6-Maniac
    • flar2
    • Turge
    • show-p1984
    • j4n87
    • LeeDroid
    • hamdir
    • franciscofranco
    • omniw0lf
    • snq-
    • mudhi
    • Ace
    • deagleone
    • europn
    • septik
    • blubbers
    • NRGZ28
    • Meltus
    • schoolsux
    • Scabes
    • MarcoHD
    • football
    • lyapota
    • shnizlon
    • team venom
    • wysiwyn
    • Dunc001
    • torxx
    • he_stheone64
    • jotha
    • acer73
    • Basil3
    • grgsiocl
    • And everyone who contributed somehow to the dev community.If i forgot anyone please let me know.

XDA:DevDB Information
    insertcoin m8 verizon, ROM for the Verizon HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    baadnewz, mikrosmile, V6-Maniac, buckmarble
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: latest firmware

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.0.8
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-02

Created 2014-04-22
    Last Updated 2015-03-02
    rom updated. enjoy, VZW support added just select verizon in AROMA during install
    rom updated. has ART working for all variants. enjoy