Hulu Denies Android 2.2 Flash Player!?!? MUST SEE

Do you believe that HULU is will Deny Froyo (android2.2)?

• Yes

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 24.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

pjcforpres

Nov 11, 2008
CR
Have you implied you have FroYo earlier? If you do, then please please dump for us ... you know what I mean.

Yes, he insists he has froyo running right this minute... yet no screen shots, no dump, and is a mystery as to why he would have it... so I call BS, personally.

The only people with it, best I have seen, is a few select members of the media about a week/2 weeks ago, up until a couple days ago when a bunch of media members got Nexus Ones with it on it. Also, employees of Adobe have had it for sometime, and I would assume those working on the Android team at google. Other than that, it doesn't appear any random XDA members have been bequeathed with an early version of FroYo, and then magically they lose the radio(as he said in a different thread), and so forth.

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
nobody that had a legitimate early release would share it, bc of nda. at least not, at the very least, they ever wanted to ever be part of another beta again. ever

hexix

Mar 15, 2010
I frequent that site a fair ammount, and their review videos follow the same format, they don't like waiting for stuff to happen, and they try and keep them inside a time limit... we asked about it once, and they said they like to keep their videos to 7 minutes or less.

Maybe they should invest in some video editing software.

Except for not actually showing hulu playing, the video was well done and gave a good idea of what to expect from flash on a phone. It looks like it'll be a painful experience sometimes but a nice thing to have. I was also impressed by how nice the games made with a phone in mind worked.

As for hulu, I remember the adobe dude who put out that first flash on 2.2 video a few weeks ago said that hulu would work but hulu blocks the device.

pjcforpres

Nov 11, 2008
CR
Maybe they should invest in some video editing software.

Except for not actually showing hulu playing, the video was well done and gave a good idea of what to expect from flash on a phone. It looks like it'll be a painful experience sometimes but a nice thing to have. I was also impressed by how nice the games made with a phone in mind worked.

As for hulu, I remember the adobe dude who put out that first flash on 2.2 video a few weeks ago said that hulu would work but hulu blocks the device.

I remember this as well, but nobody has been able to think of a way they could actually do this effectively, especially if you are on WiFi, and have the UAstring set to desktop.

Still no response over there, I will send a PM to the admin asking for clarification. They do good work, I like their site because they don't just run rumor, they wait for official confirmed info, and they don't accept anything at face value, they always investigate it themselves. One of the best phone sites out there, IMHO, if you want a really good review and solid info. They might not scoop the rumors, but they are usually first with official info.

Anyways, hopefully they respond soon to clarify, it is odd Rich hasn't already responded, he is usually on top of these things... although it looks like one of their part time staff writers did it.

pjcforpres

Nov 11, 2008
CR
nobody that had a legitimate early release would share it, bc of nda. at least not, at the very least, they ever wanted to ever be part of another beta again. ever

NDA=None Disclosure Agreement... if he is on here talking about having the release, he already broke the NDA, why not go the extra mile and give us some screen shots, a dump, etc.

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
NDA=None Disclosure Agreement... if he is on here talking about having the release, he already broke the NDA, why not go the extra mile and give us some screen shots, a dump, etc.

NDA usually only means that he can't talk about things that aren't already public, or release it without their approval. obviously some people already have froyo 2.2, because you've seen it demo'd. he hasn't said anything that wasn't already said or known, therefore he has not violated the NDA.

D

diversificationied

Mr. mortz claims a friend dumped the image and allowed him to load it on his phone.

Not only that but he's getting the latest weekly builds. (what's the latest mortz? 55? 85)

racerx55555

Nov 13, 2008
I tried the about:debug on my newly updated nexus one and it worked fine. Kinda choppy. But worked. It was hard to scroll at times and at one point i did see a small black rounded rectangular over lay saying that the video was not optimized for mobile devices, but it worked. And i was connected to my wifi.

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009
Will Flash stay laggy like this, or it simply because we are using the beta version?

mortzz

Jan 14, 2010
Will Flash stay laggy like this, or it simply because we are using the beta version?

I believe it's CPU only, there's no GPU hardware acceleration yet. The phone uses more battery and gets warmer, along with poorer performance. That's why it's labeled a beta.

Hulu runs like crap on most computers (including my Atom netbook), so it may just be too much until (or if) Hulu optimizes it for mobile Flash.

ufdlim

Mar 22, 2010
Hulu works okay on a fast Wifi. For acceptable performance, the video must drop to around 288p. Im not sure what is controlling this but it was stuttering at first around 360p, but now I am able to watch most of Office without problems.

Bigger problem is the ads, which freeze the player and I have to reload? Not sure how o get around this.

mortzz

Jan 14, 2010
Hulu works okay on a fast Wifi. For acceptable performance, the video must drop to around 288p. Im not sure what is controlling this but it was stuttering at first around 360p, but now I am able to watch most of Office without problems.

Bigger problem is the ads, which freeze the player and I have to reload? Not sure how o get around this.

AdFree blocks the ads, you just have to wait.