Warning about flashing roms

Search This thread

schtuka

Aug 18, 2009
Chicago
I understand what you are saying and I am not looking to point a finger. I am looking for solution, help. Why is the gyroscope test passes, but issue persist. Is it hardware issue as you said or software. I hope it is software. Is there a possible way of fixing it as have seen some rotation fixes for other phones, something to do with drivers.

So far, 2 users (and a third that was able to correct it).. that makes this a very isolated event. I wouldn't make the leap to say it was the RoM.. I would say it was more than likely a hardware issue on the phone(s)..

While it does seem unlikely that it would end with the same result 2 times in a row, my brother in law has had 5 ps3's and I still have my original.. there are lemons out there of each item, sometimes you get unlucky and end up with 2 of them..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Can you tell the process before and after? What did you do to create this issue and what did you do after to find it fixed?

I had the same issue i was freaking out because i dont have a warranty i dont even know what gyroscope is i turned it off and now my phone rotates just fine

drnecropolis

Mar 2, 2012
Atlanta
Not sure my man..

Software issues are possible with conflicts to other things running or settings.. but if reverted back to stock and these issues are still present, then I would be 99% sure it was a hardware failure somewhere..

To the guy that was able to fix the problem, I know this isn't ideal, but have you tried and been successful in recreating the issue?

schtuka

Aug 18, 2009
Chicago
well, I gave up after rooting stock and trying Paranoid. Called ATT and they are sending refurbished replacement.

Not sure my man..

Software issues are possible with conflicts to other things running or settings.. but if reverted back to stock and these issues are still present, then I would be 99% sure it was a hardware failure somewhere..

To the guy that was able to fix the problem, I know this isn't ideal, but have you tried and been successful in recreating the issue?

king71st

Apr 30, 2011
Can you tell the process before and after? What did you do to create this issue and what did you do after to find it fixed?[/QUOTE]

Settings>advanced>sensors uncheck use calibration data thats worked for me havent had a issue since

Reactions: rogsoccerman

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
That's horrible..I will say from my experience only...its happened to me many times..Seems to float around kinda?. It won't stick vertical? and takes it almost sideways to be the corrected?
I have learned that the sensor after time re-calbrates its self so to speak..I would turn on/off auto rotation a bunch of times kinda tricking the system.And re-calibrate the senors and turning them on/off helps..Usally worked for me...that's a software issue and can, and will correct itself when restoring what ever last backup or rom you once used. No need to go thru all the trouble of taking a phone back next time..

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

All I can say is this is the second phone where I flash CM then the rotation sensor is screwed up no matter how many wipes, restores and different rom flashes I do.

Also not sure,But seems to have user fault to this story..As I have saud I had 2 notes and flashed every rom here least 2-4 times...even duplicating the symptoms and it self corrected itself...the supposed (harware issue)...How can you have 2 phones with same problem...The chances are slim to none like 1-million....just my opinion..

Last edited:

rogsoccerman

Feb 11, 2011
Settings>advanced>sensors uncheck use calibration data thats worked for me havent had a issue since[/QUOTE]

What rom are you on? I don't see it in balckstar.

TimOster

Sep 10, 2010
I have flashed about every ROM that has been dumped on here for nearly a year. Granted some of them have not been stellar, but none of them have every "Broken" anything on my phone. I'm not really sure that is even possible. I'm have been running CM9 and CM10 as my daily drivers for about the last 6 months and I play lots of games and all of my sensors function as their supposed to.

Before you go pointing fingers at a ROM or anything else, you need to have more information to backup your accusations.

Too FN funny!

+1...

schtuka

Aug 18, 2009
Chicago
I got my replacement Note. Rotation works fine, but the gyroscope ball still fixed in center position in calibration option. Called AT&T back and they had no clue and according to them Samsung is not aware of any problems like that.
Anyone else with gyroscope ball not moving ?

Update:
Went to AT&T Device Center. 2 of their Notes had same thing and 2 SGSIII they had also with same gyroscope ball not moving. Ball in the center. I guess it stop moving after ICS.

So far, 2 users (and a third that was able to correct it).. that makes this a very isolated event. I wouldn't make the leap to say it was the RoM.. I would say it was more than likely a hardware issue on the phone(s)..

While it does seem unlikely that it would end with the same result 2 times in a row, my brother in law has had 5 ps3's and I still have my original.. there are lemons out there of each item, sometimes you get unlucky and end up with 2 of them..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WTF are you serious?

I have flashed about every ROM that has been dumped on here for nearly a year. Granted some of them have not been stellar, but none of them have every "Broken" anything on my phone. I'm not really sure that is even possible. I'm have been running CM9 and CM10 as my daily drivers for about the last 6 months and I play lots of games and all of my sensors function as their supposed to.

Before you go pointing fingers at a ROM or anything else, you need to have more information to backup your accusations.

Too FN funny!
    Are you still running a custom and, if so, which one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Yes. I restored back to blackstar
    Which verison of CM are you running?

If you are running Jelly Bean, yep there are problems as they are just crunching the un-official leak every night to get at a release candidate. If you are running Ice Cream Sandwhich based CM 9 than you need to look at your phone. I have left numerous times and always come back to CM 9 because it is stable and smooth.
    All I can say is this is the second phone where I flash CM then the rotation sensor is screwed up no matter how many wipes, restores and different rom flashes I do.

So you should stop flashing phones I guess. The rest of us will continue on.