Omega v18 TW VZW - WIP New Safestrap Safe Rom

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
i was getting that same error trying to DL anything from the play store. So flashing the modules fixed it aye? brb...

Edit: nogo i still get the same error in the playstore. doesn't matter if im on wifi or not, it cant download anything

hey guys google market fix (theres about 10 different apps or zips people have made to fix this error) or install a modded play store from Luckypatcher or clear out your app caches / dalvik and go into google services, stop, remove this wont delete it if it does just gapps it back) that services trick does wonders for your battery too. I'm still not sure what is wrong with it but I'm readying a few new roms right now ones an update to this one Omega 19 hopefully with those bugs mentioned fixed completely. Really hard to debug this rom when its ran perfect for some people then others have goofy stuff go wrong after a cpl days. Remember to always restore onto a newly created rom slot for best results.

I encourage the spread via mouth to mouth or website of these new roms would love to see some video reviews or them to gain more popularity. Also please continue to help fellow xda members with problems if your able too. I truly appreciate the positive (and constructive) feedback. Working on the following: Foxhound 3.6 (beta1 rom available now via this bakup method in normal vzw/android dev forum working on final stable with zip installer), Omega 19 bakup rom ready and uploaded if u find me on AH u can download it now, M3A1 v2, Chaos 10, XNote3KK, Negalite r29,Wicked 9.1 and my own rom are almost ready. this backup to restore install seemed to work pretty slick but I'm still trying to master aroma and updater sripts I'm looking for a few people/devs impressed enough with the rom willing to take over future ports and fixes. along with some people to help me pak these properly with aroma and what not.

Has anyone had the gusto to install to stock or MDK? I'm thinking both should work but I'm poor and dont feel like bricking a phone until the bootloader is figured out if it is... so if youve done stock or MDK please PM me with details I've had numerous inquiries about those options. Oh and if you like this or Foxhound 3.6 or any of my other roms thank me and the original creators. Thanks!

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
@gigilie - ty for the info.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

i was getting that same error trying to DL anything from the play store. So flashing the modules fixed it aye? brb...

Edit: nogo i still get the same error in the playstore. doesn't matter if im on wifi or not, it cant download anything

Sorry I just remembered part of my process before flashing modules... I also uninstalled updates to the Google play service but didn't think that fixed it because it didn't work after words so then I flashed module maybe it was just the restart after. Again apologize for leaving that out.

Gator Brah

Sep 24, 2013
I actually flashed the mj7 odin image and reinstalled ss and omega rom. I have been flashing and modding alot recently and have acquired a few errors like this one on my s4. Im back up and running with playstore working again.

Still living this rom!

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@gigilie, I can't speak much to this Rom, as when I tried it it was my user error being on MK2 with MJ7 Hyperdrive flashed in Stock Side screwing things up. I have since ODIN'd back to base MJ7 and Restored Hyperdrive to my stock side and now I can flash in slots. Only problem is I only have enough space for 1 additional rom (slot) so I chose Foxhounds Diamond Dogs v3.6 and all I can say is I'm very pleased with this port of yours. Keep up the great work on all these ideas/Roms! Great to see additional Dev work, especially SS compatible :victory:

Gator Brah

Sep 24, 2013
Play store crapped out on me again today. i cleared cache/dalvik and turned off playstore. It worked and i can DL from the playstore again.
Didnt have to flash the modules at all.

hazmatkid

Jul 1, 2012
bradenton
big thanks

over in the dev section theres a port to verision 19 of this an its very nice straight install for us stuck with safestrap clean quick an easy an big thanks to gigilie for the port

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
over in the dev section theres a port to verision 19 of this an its very nice straight install for us stuck with safestrap clean quick an easy an big thanks to gigilie for the port

yeah what he said :) ccheck them out Foxhound will be receiving an update as well. then theres the new m3a1 i did for fun cause i wish i was rich n its made of gold and silver muhhaha. jk. Just want to say thanks to you all for posting and the support and nice things said appreciate it. moving on thread maybe closed if the gods deem it

Jul 30, 2009
Could someone please help me? I have been trying to install the Omega ROM and every time I use the "Restore" function, it seems to work great, but after booting up I am simply shown a black screen. The blue power indicator light is solid (also abnormal) and the screen is "lit" so I know its on, but I don't get any indication of the Rom starting. No lion coin as others have mentioned.
Any advice?
I'm on an SGH-i537 (the S4 Active, I know its different from S4 but Omega has been confirmed working) with SS 3.65.... Is the problem that I need to switch to SS 3.7 or 3.71? I just finished installing some other roms so I'm hoping I don't have to change everything. I did also try the "normal" version of Omega v18, installing it the normal way, and same thing. What if I used v17, would that install on SS 3.65?

Thank you so much and I apologize as I am still somewhat new to all of this

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Could someone please help me? I have been trying to install the Omega ROM and every time I use the "Restore" function, it seems to work great, but after booting up I am simply shown a black screen. The blue power indicator light is solid (also abnormal) and the screen is "lit" so I know its on, but I don't get any indication of the Rom starting. No lion coin as others have mentioned.
Any advice?
I'm on an SGH-i537 (the S4 Active, I know its different from S4 but Omega has been confirmed working) with SS 3.65.... Is the problem that I need to switch to SS 3.7 or 3.71? I just finished installing some other roms so I'm hoping I don't have to change everything. I did also try the "normal" version of Omega v18, installing it the normal way, and same thing. What if I used v17, would that install on SS 3.65?

Thank you so much and I apologize as I am still somewhat new to all of this

You need to load your kernel module if you are safestrap and isn't this version based on 4.3 andriod? If so you need ss 3.71 and be sure firmware is updated to the your 4.3 android.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

SwiftLeeO

Jan 29, 2014
Thanks

I just wanted to thank you for what your doing. I just bought my Verizon Galaxy S4 a few weeks ago and at first it was great. I'm not exactly the only one who can't stand touchwiz, so I decided it was time to root, install a

custom recovery, and get the ball rolling like I have with my previous android phones. I was disappointed to hear that the bootloader is locked. I mean sure there is a developer version, but really; the average consumer is

going to buy a 2 year contract and get the phone "cheaper". It's an injustice that we are basically being forced to either use stock "software" if you want to call it that. I'd rather call it bloatware. Otherwise, we are risking our

warranty and that is normal, but the fact that we can't even install custom recovery because the bootloader is locked is ridiculous. Sure, if you want to take away my warranty because I installed a custom recovery and

flashed a rom or a kernel, thats one thing. It's another to void my warranty and tell me that I still can't do what I want with my phone. Anyways, back to my main point. I think its great that developers such as yourself and

sbreen94 are working with what you have to help out the average guy/girl who expects to be able to do something with their phone. Keep it up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Surge1223

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'm no developer, havent kept up on code for a couple years but I do love or did (when I had MDK before my phone **** out and VZW replaced with MJ7) so I've been stuck on safestrap not that its a bad thing if theres more than 1 or 2 roms then its almost better with multiboot options...n really really hard to brick it hashcode your my hero)

Install:
    Unzip into your SS backup dir and restore to a blank rom slot. I went super small as small as SS would allow for slot creation. If your getting an error on restoring be sure to try deleting the slot and readding it then restoring the system files. If your WiFi doesn't work try flashing MJ7 / MK2 SS modules. Only flash after booting up rom and knowing wifi isnt working (big thx to Mistertac and Timmy for that tidbit to get wifi working on MJ7). This rom might work for others like ME7 SS users maybe even MDK Twrp users but I need testing done for me.

Got bored ****ed with International rom Omega v18 (Also have Foxhound 3.5 working on SS bout done with that port) until it worked perfect for what I use it for no other areas have been tested but it seems fairly stable for me... wifi works great. 4g im getting better speeds on this rom than HyperDrive (could be fluke someone check if the rom works for them plz?) and wifi tethering, phone, internet, messaging). This install was pretty much a debloated Omega 18 in which I chose only basics ****ed around for a couple hours and finally came up with solutions... You more than likely will have to move or load apps you want on here as this is just a safestrap ... like I said no developer here was hoping someone might run with this (aroma, updates, fixes, repackaging, zip) and continue to port more of these over with me to our safestrap dependent asses.

This was tested on SS 3.70&3.71 from a MK2 stock and default kernel for SS. Like I said I'm not really a developer and a airly new member to xda so I had to post here. if it doesnt work for you or sucks or u think I suck well thx for the hate least I tried got no love for the ppl not doing **** to contribute and just *****ing or posting stupid questions that are answered with simple forum searches! thx goes out to any developer doing work on the VZW..or S4 in general. ::indie:: thx for the rom its pretty nice open carrier on next release?, Hashcode specifically dudes probably saved a million lives jrkruse, Surge1223, ktoonsez and open1your1eyes obviously, sbreen94, k1mu, old&slow, beanstown106, Dubbsy, invisiblek

Download (I'm hoping this works for enough ppl to test quick repackage and repost for me, msgs wont get checked too often I smoke to much to...)

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwL6-n3ZMcedSnBsWE5ITVJOVWc&export=download

Happy New Year! Happy Flashing or Restoring obviously dont hold me responsible for any damage done to your phone i tested this on 3 friends phones and my own before uploading it.

Oh if it works n u arent an asshole, +1 thank me, indie, Hash and Surge
    Ok made a universal aroma installer that allows flashing kernel modules and modems natively...testing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm downloading it. Ill make it so its a proper rom.zip and patch issues related to root/Safestrap/kernel if there are any. Ill re-upload and then OP or someone else if he wishes can takeover from there. Obviously ill test it first lol.

Edit: Successfully booted the rom zip of it i made to the stock slot but couldn't/didn't want to wait for the initial boot screen to get done (the medallion w/ a lion coin spinning).. Also successfully booted my own rom I made in the 1st slot. So I went from stock to having two different rooms installed lol, I'll upload after I check somethings, specifically if omega will go past the bootscreen.
    I've tried this several times from the OP (Restore backup method) to freshly created slots. Tried in both slot 1 and slot 2. Note, I don't have any ROMS currently running in slots. Maybe it was a boo boo on my part but I do have HD RLS12 flashed over the safe side STOCK position and it works fine there. I've also tried the Safestrap compatible MK2 base ROM from the dev section to flash to a clean slot with negative results, boots back to stock recovery. Any ideas other than having HD RLS12 in the stock side that may be causing me grief flashing to slots anything or restoring there but I wouldn't really know why? :confused:

Getting to the core of the problem...see my post in the safestrap thread. Try flashing anything on mj7 and it will pdlrobably install. That or remove the boot.img file from the MK2 base rom and delete the last few lines in the updater-script before it unmounts /system that refer to the boot.img and zip it up again before flashing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
    thanks for support Surge whats your "Rom" mean we might get another treat from you soon? PM me if you need some help testing! I'm stuk in MN its fn freezing so ill have a little time to work on some **** tonight. had foxhound 3.5 up and running with network and wifi but i was drunk and thought i baked it up but it turned out i was just baked. because no backup avail now stupid liquor n green stuff.... happy new year! i'm gunna have xnote v3 and fh3.5 up hopefully within a week. any idea how i could almost load up a cpl 4.4 roms? made it to home screen on 4.4 echoes kk and on another one i forget the name now its a haze but when i touched it the boot anim appeared again and froze. that was after a cpl restarts and slight mods after itd get to the boot anim vibrate like it was loaded and whenever i touched the digitizer i got a response but nothing beyond that... knew its a long shot n never would have tried if i wasnt wasted wish someone could get this aosp on ss working itd be much easier to port these 4.4 roms.

Haha, sure if you want a stock root debloated rom. I don't do anything fancy anymore, tether mod and aosp browser are about all I need now-a-days. I can mod and port things all day but I guess there isnt anything that piques my interest besides the htc one news/social media home screen.

Anyways, im uploading omega now, its only a 1 gb so its really light! Tested by flashing to rom slot 1 and it boots to the spinning medallion boot screen and trys to load. I suspect booting it to the stock slot will work but figured id upload now in case I lose internet here. I added infinite scroll on homescreen, aosp browser w/ flash and terminal emulator, updated su, and added some binaries to bin & xbin, changed the build.prop a tad but thats about it. I havent been following the Safestrap thread or keeping up with it but ill get this to load. However anyone can feel free to test/report errors they find.

Omega v18 VZW Download
    md5:c31c6a7a30bbc4b7f2e3ffe7204731d7

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app