[Statistic]Your P6 is Bicked ?

Search This thread

Nexhmedin

Jan 26, 2014
Bricked

CODE : Bricked

Previous installed verzion : international B118 firmware with locked bootloader.
Phone state: Rooted not clean
Battery : 99%
Updated to B118 CN chineze verzion via local update throguht settings.

jagwar1

Nov 22, 2008
www.jagwar.de
My hard bricked germanU06 was repaired by service and I will get it back tomorrow.

What is the safest way to go to B118CN?

warea

Dec 1, 2007
I am trying to download B014. It's just the beta rom itself that stops downloading (due to a technical error it says, don't know what's going wrong)
After 3 days of trying I finally gave up. :(

Search the forums. There are mirror download links for the kitkat rom file.

Last edited:

warea

Dec 1, 2007
So you are saying that I should flash the B014 and then afterwards the B118CN?

No. I meant, there does not seem to be any safe way yet in going to B118CN as well as B120CN without bricking. People have bricked their phones in all different scenarios that was assumed as safe.

And if you want to just have your phone unlocked, then you can use kitkat beta.

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
No. I meant, there does not seem to be any safe way yet in going to B118CN as well as B120CN without bricking. People have bricked their phones in all different scenarios that was assumed as safe.

And if you want to just have your phone unlocked, then you can use kitkat beta.

Dang. I need B118CN for MIUI... :(

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
you can got to KK beta first. And since the phone is unlocked after you install KK, you can then go back to a stock jb rom, install twrp for jb and then the MIUI.

So I can go to kk beta, then to B125 par example, and my bl will still be unlocked, so I can install miui? :D

warea

Dec 1, 2007
So I can go to kk beta, then to B125 par example, and my bl will still be unlocked, so I can install miui? :D

Yep, once its unlocked then it always remains unlocked whichever firmware you go too.

But then MIUI does not even require unlocking in the first place. That rom hasn't modified anything that was part of the locked system. Users were flashing it even before the unlocked firmwares were released. It is installed via cwm recovery. the installation manual is on that thread.

Reactions: lootjelo

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
Yep, once its unlocked then it always remains unlocked whichever firmware you go too.

But then MIUI does not even require unlocking in the first place. That rom hasn't modified anything that was part of the locked system. Users were flashing it even before the unlocked firmwares were released. It is installed via cwm recovery. the installation manual is on that thread.

I got the advice to flash from B118CN because of Android OS batterydrain bug or something like that... But thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I want to find out which factors caused the brick of out Ascend P6, while flashing B118CN.
    I would appreciate your contribution in this Tread:

I want to start a statistic, with a few factors, which could caused your brick, maybe we can minimize the bricked P6-devices.

Please post here: If your P6 is bricked/was bricked

On which Firmware have you been?
    Did you Update via Bootloader or settings?
    How about your Battery, was it full , did you use the charger while updating?
    Did your clean your Rom before updating?
    Was you update on internal or external SD?
    Was your device rooted before updating?
    Maybee there are factors you can add, would be good for the whole community.
    Just updated to b118... And i did not brick my device! I think i should share my details still, maybe it helps :)

I was on B125 International
    I did it from settings -> local update
    Battery was quite low, about 30%. I plugged the charger because that while it was updating (actually, when it was "Writing module system...")
    I didnt clean my phone
    I did form INTERNAL because it was one thing you all in this thread did same way. You did from external & bricked, so i decided to do it from internal, and no brick :p
    Yes it was rooted.
    - B125 (rooted, TWRP installed)
    - local update (settings)
    - 70% (charging)
    - internal (/storage/emulated/0/dload)
    - not cleaned

PLS add if your bricked your phone or not,
    nobody can see '(I have found out that it isn't but pls next time add this)
    Flashed from B125 based CM10 back to B125 via Recovery (all wiped) and did straight after first Boot an local Update to B120CN.

Clean B125 / No Root
    Battery @ 75%
    Not connected to Charger
    Local Update from internal Memory to B120CN

I'm currently enjoying unlocked CM10, so no Brick :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06 mit Tapatalk 2
    He tried to update to 120CN...maybe this is the problem?...I made same thing like him but with 118CN and i had no problems

Yes. Seems like updating from B125 to B118cn from internal storage is the most safe method. I dont know any people who has bricked when doing it that way. From B125 to b120cn from internal storage seems not to be safe. Weird :eek: