Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Steel Droid - 4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Tip us?

chevycam94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235

DONATE TO ME
Finally! An update! This one is massive! More than one phone in this one! Also, more two theme choices!
CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE! STEELROMS.COM

LG G2 (VZW) VS980 (32GB)

Beanstalk v4.4.4010

TWRP 2.7.1.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v13.0 BETA (GB WIP)
ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz LV kernel
RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery
32GB MicroSD (class 4)

Other phones:
* Asus Transformer Pad Infinity 32GB (TF700)
* Galaxy Nexus (32GB)
* Sony Xperia Ion
* Motorola Backflip
* Motorola Droid 3

If you like my work, please DONATE!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevycam94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AngryManMLS
Old
Thanks Meter 666

DONATE TO ME
Amazing ROM. Great work!

kunalasrani
Old
Thanks Meter 36
nice work..
thanxx..
Device: Xperia Neo L [ROOTED]
ROM: Smart Xperia™ROM JB/ICS
KERNEL: NxtNeoL
CPU: Max Freq.-1.402GHz
Min Ferq.-249MHz
Governer: Intellidemand2
I/O scheduler: sio

ae1990
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Running very smooth on my og droid which I really on ly use for aa media device since its not acgtually in service but I stll test on it and wow what an improvment even like it more than liquid roms. Came from miui with ult iphone theme and this is just so smooth thanks I can honestly say oif my rezoiund were to have issues or get lost I wouldn't have a prob reverting with this for a while

dman1049
Old
Thanks Meter 1
After a day of use here's my issues. Phone lost wifi. Phone while trying to make a call got stuck in call and it never dialed or rang so I pulled battery and fixed it. It wouldn't send any SMS so I pulled battery and fixed it. I randomly loose service even tho the 3g says its receiving signal. Its do t the random loosing of signal and not having network on every Tom I have tried so I'm thinking its something with my phone. Any idea's? After all this I do like this Tom more than anything I have tried.

DRSdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 52
i'm looking to root a friends old droid. He wants to use it as a wifi mediaplayer & to edit, check, and maintain his google docs.. that's about it. My question is does this rom have SWAP support in the kernel? Does it allow OC? and does it have Apps2sdext built in?

TEK112
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRSdroid View Post
i'm looking to root a friends old droid. He wants to use it as a wifi mediaplayer & to edit, check, and maintain his google docs.. that's about it. My question is does this rom have SWAP support in the kernel? Does it allow OC? and does it have Apps2sdext built in?
If it is only being used as what you said it negates the need for swap and apps2sd. However, it is overclockable to 1200. Just make sure your remove the phone components to reduce the overhead.
The Following User Says Thank You to TEK112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DRSdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 52
i agree about swap.. but due to the incredibly low storage space on the device i would definitely like to use an sd-ext partition. Can anyone tell me how to set it up on this ROM. I have the partition already made on the sd card

M118AA11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I just want to say thanks, I recently bricked my Droid 3, and thankfully I kept my OG droid at the bottom of a box in a deep damp dark dungeon. I charged it up did a hard reset whiped it and then searched for a ROM to bring this beast back from the abyss.

I thank you sweet sweet Steel Droid 10, I like it more then I ever liked my Droid 3

chevycam94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235

DONATE TO ME
Updated the OP with ALL the changes from my official release thread on DroidForums.net. Major changes. Sorry for the delay here, I spend a bit more time at DF than I do here.
CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE! STEELROMS.COM

LG G2 (VZW) VS980 (32GB)

Beanstalk v4.4.4010

TWRP 2.7.1.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v13.0 BETA (GB WIP)
ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz LV kernel
RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery
32GB MicroSD (class 4)

Other phones:
* Asus Transformer Pad Infinity 32GB (TF700)
* Galaxy Nexus (32GB)
* Sony Xperia Ion
* Motorola Backflip
* Motorola Droid 3

If you like my work, please DONATE!

The Following User Says Thank You to chevycam94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]