Thanks Meter 152
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland ROCKS!!!
DONATE TO ME
Samsung kies will fix ya up!
1. On a PC open http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
2. Click Download for windows
3. Install Kies
4. Open Kies
5. Write down serial number of phone device (it's under battery)
6. Plug in phone to PC and power up phone while HOLDING volume down
7. Once you see the download screen on phone press volume up
8. On PC in Kies click "tools - Firmware Upgrade and Initialization"
9. Type in SGH-I717 (all caps)
10. Type in serial number
11. Follow directions
12. Once phone reboots you will have the latest OFFICIAL firmware (JB 4.1.2 as of 6-1-2013)
13. Perform a factory data reset before proceeding (it helps it run smoother)
Your phone will now be unrooted not boot looping, and have the latest firmware installed up and running!