Is their a way to backup game saves and data

Search This thread

miguel11691

Aug 31, 2007
I hate starting over on some games but sometimes I must when I Change Roms or update a current rom... I use titanium backup but it doesn't seem to backup game data... what's a good app for that

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I hate starting over on some games but sometimes I must when I Change Roms or update a current rom... I use titanium backup but it doesn't seem to backup game data... what's a good app for that

TiBu backs up my data perfectly fine for all my games (i.e. saved checkpoints, progress, local high scores). Are you sure you're restoring everything properly? I'm not talking down I'm just saying from time to time I don't restore app+data. Every now and then too I need to restore data only after a restore because the data doesn't stick..what games are trying to restore?

miguel11691

Aug 31, 2007
Yea I am... games like zenonia (all 3) doesn't back up... I will try the program you use and see what happens... is it better than titanium

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
Oh wow LOL... so what am I doing wrong... what should I press in the batch menu then so it saves everything

hahaha, its all good man! no worries, it is a weird abbreviation. I'm not near my phone (foolishly left it at home) so when I get back to my 2nd love I'll mess around with TiBu and see if there are any settings or something I do specifically that you might not..in the meantime I'll bump this up and see if anyone else who plays that game can shed some insight.

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I use titanium back up pro... I feel it a necessity for any root user

Sent from my HTC Inspire

cool story? tell it again? You don't like to read the thread do you? lolol, OP is having a terrible time with TiBu, I agree though TiBu is the best way to go.

I tried to mess around with other back up apps and nothing seemed to be as user friendly and efficient as TiBu...I got a feeling its got more to do with the game then it does TiBu..sorry mate! Hopefully someone who plays the game can help ya out here!

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
I happened to have an issue with Titanium also. Was bothered that it did not restore apps to the sd card that were backed up from the sd card. It was brought to my attention that there was a setting in the preferences to do so. I also noticed many other new settings that were not there on a previous release when I looked last. There are a few about backing up app cache and external data that is not checked by default. Take a look in the preferences and there might be a setting to get your games fully backed up.

ZoneBlaze

Mar 16, 2009
I'd hate to revive an old thread, but I'm having small problems with TiBu... It restores all save data, except for the online ID. :(

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
I'd recommend you try restoring the app and then the data separately. That seems to work for me if the usual doesn't quite do the trick