Permanently CID Unlock Your G4 Wizard

Search This thread

-MyHTC-

Feb 5, 2008
Washington
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

VERY IMPORTANT FOR HARD SPL USERS, YOU MUST "REMOVE HARD SPL" BEFORE PROCEEDING!
IF YOU DON’T REMOVE HARD SPL YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!

These Instructions assume your phone is in stock condition

Download and install “Wizard Service Tool”
Download "M3000v4aUnlock"
Download unlock file below

1. Make sure your device is properly connected to the PC through ActiveSync

2. Run Wizard Service Tool, click “Enab. RAPI + Unsigned Apps” button, wait for it to finish

3. Click “Repair IMEI” button, write down and save your original IMEI number before proceeding

4. Enter this number “356381000157184” as your New IMEI number then click “Write IMEI” button

5. After the phone reboots, turn the phone off and remove the USB cable

6. Press and hold the Camera key, now insert the USB cable, Keep holding the camera key until you get the boot loader screen

7. Start M3000v4aUnlock, when program asks for the .unl file, browse to and select "356381000157184.unl" wait for it to finish

8. When the phone has fully rebooted, start Wizard Service Tool, click “Repair IMEI” button, and change back to your original IMEI number

That’s it

Your phone can now be flashed with any G4 Safe ROM provided you have the appropriate ROM Update Utility

To flash cooked ROMs, you need the "Wizard No ID Update Utility"

To flash OEM ROMs, nothing special is required

WARNING - Changing your IMEI number is considered to be illegal in most if not all countries
Disclaimer - The above mentioned method is provided for informational purposes only, neither I nor xda-developers condone the changing of IMEI numbers

Attachments

• 356381000157184.zip
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,336
Last edited:

-MyHTC-

Feb 5, 2008
Washington
I have successfully used this on two G4 devices and one G3 device.
I found with the G3 device it also SIM unlocks, I assume it does this with the G4 as well, but mine had already been unlocked.

Rooks

Jun 18, 2007
Gujranwala
.unl file

This was originally posted in the [HELP PROJECT] "Data Crashes" Project [HELP PROJECT] thread, Page 25, Post #249

Instructions:

Download and install “Wizard Service Tool”
Download "M3000v4aUnlock"
Download unlock file below

1. Make sure your device is properly connected to the PC through ActiveSync

2. Run Wizard Service Tool, click “Enab. RAPI + Unsigned Apps” button wait for it to finish

3. Click “Repair IMEI” button Write down and save your original IMEI number before proceeding

4. Enter this number “356381000157184” as your New IMEI number then click “Write IMEI” button

5. After the phone reboots turn the phone off and remove the USB cable

6. Press and hold the Camera key, now insert the USB cable, Keep holding the camera key until you get the boot loader screen

7. Start M3000v4aUnlock, when program asks for the .unl file, browse to and select "356381000157184.unl" wait for it to finish

8. When the phone has fully rebooted, start Wizard Service Tool, click “Repair IMEI” button and change back to your original IMEI number

That’s it

WARNING - Changing your IMEI number is considered to be illegal in most if not all countries
Disclaimer - The above mentioned method is provided for informational purposes only, neither I nor xda-developers condone the changing of IMEI numbers

where is unl file???????????

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I now have IPL 2.21.0001 and SPL 2.21

I forgot to undo HardSPL. Don't forget.

I cannot get past three colored screen.

I cannot flash anything over it.

It goes through the process, but after it reboots, it is still the 3-colors.

pszemaz

Aug 15, 2006
I now have IPL 2.21.0001 and SPL 2.21

I forgot to undo HardSPL. Don't forget.

I cannot get past three colored screen.

I cannot flash anything over it.

It goes through the process, but after it reboots, it is still the 3-colors.

I have got exactly the same problem! I also forgot (or didn't know I have to) undo HardSPL. Is there some solution?

pszemaz

-MyHTC-

Feb 5, 2008
Washington
Wow i’m so sorry to see this happened this is something I was unaware of, it’s not mentioned anywhere that i’ve read.
I have corrected the main post to reflect this.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I have not been able to find a fix.

I could not get MTTY to work for me. I found Tera Term and tried it.

Info states 2.21.olip for the SPL and gives an error which I forgot and am having trouble reconnecting. The error had to do with CID. I am having trouble getting the phone to come back on. Must have used up the battery trying to figure things out.

Unfortunately, most everything I read leads me to believe I need to get some mortar.

Last edited:

-MyHTC-

Feb 5, 2008
Washington
I know this is a stupid question but did you try the Wizard Love ROM?
The only reason I ask is you say you still have the hard SPL.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I should have spelled out what all I tried. Yes, I tried wizard love ROM, original Cingular ROM and noidupdate utility with several nk.nbf files such as 2.25.0001 IPL/SPL, etc. It either works all of the way and reboots to the IPL/SPL splash, gives the no communication error or gives the wrong updater error. Once I got a wrong file error.

-MyHTC-

Feb 5, 2008
Washington
That doesn’t look promising.
Unfortunately I don’t have an 8125 G4 anymore so I can’t make a backup for you to try.
Maybe someone with an 8125 G4 could make a backup and send it to you, I don’t know if it would work but it would be worth a try.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
Just an update. When I do a hard reset the phone states "Format is Failed" and goes to the first splash screen which is not my splash screen, but I assume it is from the unlock program.

Last edited:

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
SoftSPL cannot see the device since it will not get out of bootloader mode

I have been continuing my research:

If someone has a Cingular G4 phone and is willing to take the time, I could use some help.
You would need to flash back to cingular ROM (and go back to locked CID) and then use MTTY command ( r2sd all ) to put your ROM image onto a clean SD Card. Then upload that image so I can try to use MTTY to flash back a working ROM.

Don't know if it will work, but this seems to be the only thing left to try.

Last edited:

pszemaz

Aug 15, 2006
RoryB, if you'll get that image plase remember to post it here, as I'm in the same situation as you. Thx.

pszemaz

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I will definitely post the results here if I get one. If it works I will post step by step recovery method here too.

-MyHTC-

Feb 5, 2008
Washington
SoftSPL cannot see the device since it will not get out of bootloader mode

I have been continuing my research:

If someone has a Cingular G4 phone and is willing to take the time, I could use some help.
You would need to flash back to cingular ROM (and go back to locked CID) and then use MTTY command ( r2sd all ) to put your ROM image onto a clean SD Card. Then upload that image so I can try to use MTTY to flash back a working ROM.

Don't know if it will work, but this seems to be the only thing left to try.

This is true however the phone will need to be CID unlocked no hard SPL.
The “r2sd all” command requires full CID unlocking.
The image can’t be remove from the SD card so it must be mailed to you.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
This is true however the phone will need to be CID unlocked no hard SPL.
The “r2sd all” command requires full CID unlocking.
The image can’t be remove from the SD card so it must be mailed to you.
I was thinking that maybe the CID unlock worked (it seemed to go through full operation - no error messages), but corrupted the ROM since I get the "Format is Failed" message after a hard reset. I was hoping to try this as a last effort I could figure out.

I did not realize it was not a file that could be copied, etc.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts