Google Services is MURDERING my battery!

Search This thread

VinBertinelli

Jul 30, 2012
Staten Island
e3adahy3.jpg

Google services is waking my phone so much, almost 2k in 3 hours. Is anyone else experiencing this or just me? It's out of control and I have no idea why...

EDIT:

About an hour later each wakelock woke it about another 1k times.

enejurys.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VinBertinelli

Jul 30, 2012
Staten Island
I guess I'll just assume that this is normal behavior. The number seems high, so that's why I posted. I guess battery life isn't as good as I thought it was on this phone.

yofife2069

Sep 12, 2012
Try clearing data for Google play services and play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
Click on it and is it nlp collector wakelock? I have issues with this all the time. Every time I find a fix, Google updates play services and screws it up again. I just turned off location services and disabled Google now and that fixes it.

VinBertinelli

Jul 30, 2012
Staten Island
Click on it and is it nlp collector wakelock? I have issues with this all the time. Every time I find a fix, Google updates play services and screws it up again. I just turned off location services and disabled Google now and that fixes it.

Yeah nlp collector is at the top of the list. I wish google would get this stuff sorted out. I'd like to actually USE my $600 smartphone...

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
I know what you mean. Thankfully I don't use Google now very much so it didn't bother. Would be nice to have it as an option when I did want to use it without it killing my battery. I turned it off today and I'm still at 75% after 18 hours off charger so I'm happy