mystery phone

Search This thread

spoiler1041

Jul 6, 2011
I know a guy.......... who has a note 2 for sale for $20. Now he has a good story but let's just assume it is a false story. My question is if I want this phone for streaming Dish network's xm radio to my bluetooth speakers by the pool (not for any phone calls, in fact there is no sim card) could I get in trouble if his story is a lie?

Did I mention this is a hypothetical questoon posed by a friend?

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
I know a guy.......... who has a note 2 for sale for $20. Now he has a good story but let's just assume it is a false story. My question is if I want this phone for streaming Dish network's xm radio to my bluetooth speakers by the pool (not for any phone calls, in fact there is no sim card) could I get in trouble if his story is a lie?

If the phone is stolen then yes you can get in trouble. Who posts something like this on XDA? I should report you. But the mods are good here and will have this pulled before I can even report it. Asking if it's ok to buy a stolen phone smh.

Reactions: mattnmag

spoiler1041

Jul 6, 2011
If the phone is stolen then yes you can get in trouble. Who posts something like this on XDA? I should report you. But the mods are good here and will have this pulled before I can even report it. Asking if it's ok to buy a stolen phone smh.

I am afraid it is stolen but I don't know it is.

Perhaps my question is how does one make sure a phone isn't stolen?

Oh, And thanks for being a **** with your assumptions and attitude.

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
I am afraid it is stolen but I don't know it is.

Perhaps my question is how does one make sure a phone isn't stolen?

Oh, And thanks for being a **** with your assumptions and attitude.

Call VZW with the imei numbers located on the inside of the phone. They can tell you if it's reported stolen. But I'm not assuming anything. You made it sound like your asking how do you not get caught using someone's stolen phone. If he's selling a note 2 for 20 bucks then anyone with a brain would say yup that's stolen. Note 2s that aren't stolen are worth way more than that.

spoiler1041

Jul 6, 2011
Call VZW with the imei numbers located on the inside of the phone. They can tell you if it's reported stolen. But I'm not assuming anything. You made it sound like your asking how do you not get caught using someone's stolen phone. If he's selling a note 2 for 20 bucks then anyone with a brain would say yup that's stolen. Note 2s that aren't stolen are worth way more than that.

Thank you for the info.

He works at a junk yard and gets a lot of totaled vechiles that he says he owns all the content of but who knows how that stuff really works.

But you are right, I want the phone but don't want legal hassles.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.