[Q] Broken LCD - Recover apps or make a nandroid?

Search This thread

BryWr

Feb 3, 2011
Santa Fe
bdwmedia.com
Hi all,

I am on vacation and got bumped into, causing me to drop my less than a week old TMo G3 after I ordered my screen protector and case. Lovely, right? Well it caused a nice giant crack in the screen and the LCD to become unresponsive. I pulled the battery and restarted, and it told me my LCD was damaged and said to use volume and power now as manual controls. Only issue with that is I have knock code on, so I cant get into the system at all.

Luckily I am rooted, and have TWRP installed. I also have titanium. I would love to get a backup of my apps somehow (I had not made a backup yet, silly me) or better yet a nandroid if somehow possible to simply restore when I get my replacement (Tried to use power keys to boot into recover, wouldn't even turn off though). I have my SD in to hold my other files, luckily.

I am on a mac and can set up/execute adb if needed.

I really appreciate any help you can give, thanks so much everyone.

Fun Fact- My G3 didn't survive a 1.5ft fall

UPDATE: I will be trying to do the OTG mouse method, but another method is preffered so I dont have to buy anything and can do my backups more immediately.

UPDATE 2: Scratch everything, USB port appears to be broken. Cant get it to charge or recognize on my computer.

Last edited:

D_Rock899x

Aug 9, 2013
Columbus, OH
Mine was 4 days old when it fell and cracked the screen. If you have an OTG cable plug it in and plug in a USB mouse. You will be able to control the phone with the mouse.

Sent from my LG-D850

D_Rock899x

Aug 9, 2013
Columbus, OH
Only wireless mouse I have is the apple magic mouse. If I could get into bluetooth, maybe it would work that way, but I would have to get into bluetooth.

I'd say that's doubtful with the screen being unresponsive. If it's anything like mine was it wouldn't recognize any touch input anywhere. USB mice are dirt cheap. Buy the cheapest one you can find at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

Sent from my LG-D850

BryWr

Feb 3, 2011
Santa Fe
bdwmedia.com
I'd say that's doubtful with the screen being unresponsive. If it's anything like mine was it wouldn't recognize any touch input anywhere. USB mice are dirt cheap. Buy the cheapest one you can find at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

Sent from my LG-D850

Yea, I have a USB one at home somewhere, just sucks because I am in Mexico at the moment....

The very bottom of my screen (nav bar) works. Cant get anything else though. And with the whole knock code being on, cant do to much.