[Q] I have a couple of questions, what is the dev edition

Search This thread

wily5150

Apr 8, 2011
Holiday, Florida
I just bought the note 3, and now I'm seeing the dev edition. What is that? What is the difference? And, when will the note 3 be getting kitkat? Google released the code, didn't they? And, what's up with the locked bootloader? I had the gs3 and it had a locked bootloader, unlocking it was no problem. I'm asuming the note 3 is different? Why can't we use cwm for recovery? Thanks

Last edited:

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
I just bought the note 3, and now I'm seeing the dev edition. What is that? What is the difference? And, when will the note 3 be getting kitkat? Google released the code, didn't they? And, what's up with the locked bootloader? I had the gs3 and it had a locked bootloader, unlocking it was no problem. I'm asuming the note 3 is different? Why can't we use cwm for recovery? Thanks

The only difference with the Developer Edition, is the bootloader is unlocked. You can only use Hashcode's Safestrap for flashing ROMs. You can't use CWM, becuase you can not flash a custom kernel, because of locked bootloader. Only Verizon knows when Retail N3 will get 4.4.2.