how to remove mcafee that preload in the G3

Search This thread

melissacbrown

Sep 30, 2014
mcafee support

Im new to the forum but have been following for a while. I contacted mcafee support and received an email from them asking for my email associated with the account, my imei number, the phone number associated with the account and a buddy number of which i sent the info and received a pin number from them. I then went to apps within settings, clicked on mcafee security and then clicked on manage storage. It then asked for a pin which i put in and low and behold afer about 3 minutes it now gives me the option to force stop and uninstall updates. :laugh:

Hope this is helpful to others that do not wish to root their phones.

Reactions: czechu01

vnixnj

Sep 29, 2014
Just freeze it in titanium along with 1000 other bloatwares that would get rid of all the lag and eat up half your battery. Seriously recommend you to root.

amd-dude

Feb 25, 2012
Penal
Root, then install an app called App Master, has the ability to remove system and user apps, I removed a tonne including hangouts, maps and all the others, macafee etc.

crubbish

Mar 15, 2006
Moscow
/system/priv-app
I think the app is named LG-Mcafee.apk or something like this (got rid of it long time ago). Delete the apk and you're done. Obviously root required as well as file manager like Root Explorer.

Braytac

Oct 23, 2014
removed easily on G2 without root

Removed administration rights of mcafee, then restarted phone, went to apps in settings Ang uninstall it.
No root needed.

Größe Väter

Jul 9, 2015
G3 help

Im new to the forum but have been following for a while. I contacted mcafee support and received an email from them asking for my email associated with the account, my imei number, the phone number associated with the account and a buddy number of which i sent the info and received a pin number from them. I then went to apps within settings, clicked on mcafee security and then clicked on manage storage. It then asked for a pin which i put in and low and behold afer about 3 minutes it now gives me the option to force stop and uninstall updates. :laugh:

Thank you. What phone number /email address did you use, specifically, to contact McAfee? I have tried numerous, but can't get to the right place. Can you put a little more detail here?

akky555

Jan 20, 2016
The Gift from Mcafee security app

In my country, Thailand, the Mcafee in LG G3 is not just app for virus protection but it acts virus alike. Mcafee will send SMS through mobile phone network provider automatically 2-3 times everyday since first time mobile phone activated. I was shocked from billing of oversea SMS from Thailand to America sent by Mcafee almost 50 times within 2 months without any notification or acceptable reaction from me. I had to stop all SMS sending function from my phone number to anywhere both domestic and oversea. only receiving SMS allowed. This was a special thing powered by Mcafee security app in LG G3 for loss phone protection. Thanks LG.

Last edited:

alphazeo

Feb 25, 2016
i have a zva variant from sprint and its actually blocked by the servers policy. it removed my admin privileges. sorry for my bad english

kingsmaster

Sep 22, 2017
can we uninstall mcafee from stock kdz file before flashing

Hi. I want to get method of removing mcafee security from stock kdz before flashing kdz . please help me to sort out.

deejayxray

Mar 9, 2018
does this work if you get the mcafee lock screen? my G3 is rooted so whats the process and what apps do I need to remove it from my macbook?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Without root, you can't. The best you can do is revoke it's administration rights in menu/settings/security

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    And when the device is actually rooted ??? How to completely remove McAfee ???
    Thanks
    Uninstall it with titanium backup
    mcafee support